my collection to date

Thread: my collection to date

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

my collection to date

I finally filled the box up, so I figured this would be as good a time as any to drop my pants. It also happens to coincide with my 3-yr anniversary since getting bitten by the watch bug.

The last piece of the puzzle and my most recent addition was the Stowa Prodiver. Great watch!

The first expensive watch (in the context of the time) I owned was a Swiss Army quartz watch. I bought it when I was 21, with my first army paycheck. Damn I was proud of that watch, and all my army buddies were jealous. I still have it. I recently put a new strap on it and gave it to my dad to wear, and he does everyday.

Then came a Gucci quartz dress watch. My wife and I each bought one in their respective male/female sizes. It was a lot of money to us at the time (we paid full MSRP, not knowing any better!) and I wore that watch proudly for a number of years. She still wears hers, and though mine doesn't get any wristime any more, it now serves as the "timekeeper" in my watchbox.

That watch in a roundabout way led me to WUS and mechanical watches. I had a bit of condensation under the dial in the summer of 06 and I started to get worried about damage. I received a repair quote that I thought was excessive, and started investigating what else was out there.

Needless to say, it was a revelation. Three years and a healthy dose of OCD later, the photo below is the sum of my journey to date.

As you can see, I'm a pretty simple guy with simple tastes. In terms of future plans, I'd like to add a chrono at some point, just not sure which one yet.

Apologies for the rambling thoughts, dismal photography, dust particles, fingerprints, cat hair, etc...

Hope you enjoyed.

Best,

Stephen

And my Stowa family...

Re: my collection to date

Stephen,
    Stunning Collection! Very jealous! :) Made some excellent choices in watches! Cheers!

“If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker.” - Albert Einstein

Thanks for sharing, that is a very nice collection. Have you got a favorite?
    autos: Hamilton navy pioneer(sold), stowa partitio, precista prs-22, stowa airman(sold), stowa antea 365, marathon sar(sold), vostok amphibian(sold), black mako(sold), seiko 5 military, sinn 556a

quartz: maurice lacroix, swiss army field, wenger swiss military 2912x, marathon tsar, 2 mudmen, gulfman, breitling colt

hand wind: 1963 seagull chrono(sold), stowa partitio, helbros

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Incredible collection! I also must know which watch is your favorite.

Very nice collection. Very nice.
    And I liked hearing about how you got to where you are.
    That black strap on the Marine Original; where is that from?

Seeing your Gucci reminds me of mine (I don't know the model name but it looks like today's Movado Museum dial watch) and makes me think how the watches I now like are much bigger in size (MO, Seiko divers, etc.).

"I'm a pretty simple guy with simple tastes"

9 watches in 3 years says "No"!!!

Still, thats a fantastic and eclectic collection. Its funny how to me, the relatively inexpensive FO stands out in the collection, despite being in the company of far more expensive (and very nice in their own right) watches. I guess its become such a grail watch for me (FO3 on its way at end of year wooooot!) that its rarity transcends the sticker price....

That's an amazing collection you've built up in just 3 years. Simple taste? Hard to say... But you've got good taste for sure...

Love the 8 Days (opps... am I allowed to admit that in this forum?), and to me the Prodiver really holds it own too.

Great pic. Glad to see your collection: The Captn's Fleet!

Hi Stephen,

You have a terrific collection. Many watches that I would love to own. Best to you always . Stephen
    https://www.instagram.com/whichwatchsk/

You have excellent taste in watches. Certainly one of the best collections I have seen in a long time. Thanks for sharing.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information