my first Stowa

Thread: my first Stowa

my first Stowa

and my first mechanical watch ... this might be a silly question, but what is the correct way to power it up? twist the crown towards me a half rotation, then forward a half rotation, and repeat this 30 times? I'm a little confused by the correct approach. Apart from not changing the date when the hour hand is too close to 12, is there anything I should avoid doing in terms of the crown etc?

The watch arrived today, after I avidly followed the tracking details, having harangued Fedex to sort out the customs issues! Having read many reviews / seen lots of photos, I largely knew what to expect, regardless, I'm highly impressed by the quality of the build and the beauty of it. The blue steel hands look very classy, and I do like the polished look - although I'm sure the matte looks great too.

Relative to many of the other fine watches available, I chose one that is very affordable, and I'm very pleased with the quality. Before purchasing, I was concerned about the size of the watch (for ref, my wrist is about 6.5 inches circumference), but I really like the size - face covers the wrist, but doesn't feel ridiculously big.

A few photos are below - not the best quality, but I took them rather quickly.

BTW, does anyone have a rough estimate of how many watches Stowa produces a year?

Cheers
    Stefan

Re: my first Stowa

Nice n simple. Congrats
    Rolex Explorer, Tudor Pelagos, Sinn EZM3

Very nice, simple and (dare I say) elegant. I have recently become bitten by the Stowa bug, arising from the theory it might be worth my time to look beyond dive watches. I'm just drawn to the clean lines and craftsmanship I see in the Stowa watches. Very nice choice.
    // Rob

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hi!

Your power-up-method is just fine! Enjoy that beautiful and well balanced watch!

Best regards

Pierre

Congrats to that fine and first STOWA watch!!

There will be more..................

Volker

she's a beauty!

Beautiful watch to wear. If it's an automatic, a few turns of the crown to get things started, then actively wear it day in, day out and it will serve you well for years to come.

Enjoy that beautiful timepiece for so many reasons.

Glen

Thread Information