My first Stowa, incoming - Page 3
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: My first Stowa, incoming

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: My first Stowa, incoming

Quote Originally Posted by Bryon41 View Post
    What a gorgeous watch, congrats! I’m hoping for a Stowa flieger soon, but I can’t decide between the Verus Top and the Classic 40mm. Does anyone know: Are the only differences between the two the blue hands and the decoration on the rotor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have the classic 40 mm. I like the blued hands a lot. Looks like you can’t go wrong. Here is mine: Name:  IMG_0562.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  2.32 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Ike2 View Post
    I have the classic 40 mm. I like the blued hands a lot. Looks like you can’t go wrong. Here is mine: Name:  IMG_0562.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  2.32 MB

Absolutely stunning how those blue hands pop in just the right light! Think that’s my winner. Thank you for sharing.

Ike2 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ike2 View Post
    Very cool watch indeed. I have become a no-date fan but I like how the date is handled in this design.

Agree about the date, in this instance I like how it creates a little more space on the dial. I think it works being that the numerals are fatter on the Verus.
    Other features I prefer on the Verus are the absence of the circle around the outside of the seconds markers and no counterbalance on the seconds hand. As sparce as can be, and completely black and white. The matte case gives it a less dressy/formal look which I like also. Couldn't be happier.
    Ike2 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Fergfour View Post
    Agree about the date, in this instance I like how it creates a little more space on the dial. I think it works being that the numerals are fatter on the Verus.
    Other features I prefer on the Verus are the absence of the circle around the outside of the seconds markers and no counterbalance on the seconds hand. As sparce as can be, and completely black and white. The matte case gives it a less dressy/formal look which I like also. Couldn't be happier.
    Beautiful watch Ferg - congrats!!
    Fergfour likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergfour View Post
    I've been sleeping on German watches for a long time and have recently realized how much I appreciate them. I've been very impressed with Archimede and Damasko so far, and this evening I just hit the buy button on a lightly used 1-year old Stowa Verus 40. I realize it's a departure in some respects from the "true" Flieger form but after looking over various models for a week or 2 (from different brands as well), I kept coming back to the Verus. I like the 40mm size, not really into blued hands (yet), I don't need a date but I do like the look of it here, and it's the top grade 2824. All for the price of a new Verus with the base 2824. Now I just wait for the arrival! Random internet pics:

Attachment 14609529 Attachment 14609531
    Very nice, congrats!!! I'm in the same boat currently, in search of my first German watch, also looking at the classic 40 type b!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Fergfour likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information