My ordering experience with Stowa
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: My ordering experience with Stowa

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

My ordering experience with Stowa

Hello Everyone...first time poster, long time lurker.

Having decided finally to get a Stowa Flieger Klassik Sport, I wanted to post my experience in dealing with Stowa.

Firstly, I had a few questions about shipping so I emailed Stowa. Sandra from Stowa got back to me the following day and answered my questions. I've had issues with FedEx in the past and was not keen to deal with them again. However, although Stowa could ship via DHL, tracking would not be possible so I stuck with FedEx. I placed my order on June 16th and I got an email from Barbara at Stowa the following day letting me know my PayPal payment was received. I know people have had to wait for sometime in the past to get their watch, so I sent an email to Barbara on June 27th just wondering when my watch was shipping (the Stowa website said "Delivery time: 1 week"...but I didn't know if this meant production time or shipping time). Barbara got back to me the following day and told me my watch was in production and shipment was planned for "Thursday resp. Friday of this week". I wasn't sure what "resp." meant so I just assumed it was shipping Thursday (June 30th) or Friday (July 1st) and that because of shipping time and customs (I live in New Jersey) that I would probably get it sometime around the week of July 11th. I checked the FedEx tracking and figured something was incorrect when it was listed as being in Memphis, TN that night...that was definitely way faster than I would've assumed. Well, by the time I checked the tracking again the following morning at work, I saw that I had missed delivery! Maybe it's assumed by some that shipping would be overnight but I was stunned...the watch was at my door in just over 24 hours from when it was shipped. Luckily, FedEx didn't just leave it there so I arranged to pick it up that afternoon. Thankfully, FedEx Express was a pleasure to deal with unlike FedEx Ground (which is whom I've had issues with). Knowing about potential customs charges coming up later, I asked the FedEx person about that. She said she didn't think I'd get anything and that it didn't look like customs had actually opened the package. I'll wait and see if I get a bill or not. The watch was well packaged. It came in a nice metal grate box and, thankfully, the watch inside was wrapped up to avoid damage during shipping. Also included was a complimentary 3.25" Victorinox pocket knife with a watch case opener (for pop-on watch backs) and the Stowa name and logo on it.

Anyway, the watch is beautiful. I opted for the version with logo, sans date. I originally was going to go as authentic as possible (no date or logo, FL23883 engraved) but decided against it. If authenticity was paramount to me, I probably would've gone with a Laco as it's more historically accurate looking. The Stowa, to me, has a much more refined look and I wanted that to stand out most. I opted for the no date because it is a cleaner look but I, for one, like Stowa's new, understated logo so I opted for that (no FL23883 either...didn't want to pay about $80 extra but also didn't want to mar the beautiful brushed finish). I stuck with the rubber strap as I don't wear a lot of leather straps due to their propensity for getting ruined by rain and sweat. I did think, however, that a nice, thick, brown leather strap would look nice so I got one from Crown & Buckle with a matte silver colored buckle and it looks awesome on the watch. The watch is running about +6 sec/day which is about twice the best variances that I've read about for this watch but is still pretty good and hardly an issue for me.

Attached are a few photos of the watch on my almost 7.5" wrist highlighting the thermally-blued hands when the light reflects off of it directly and when it doesn't. Also included is a shot of the beautiful TOP version movement.

In closing, it's clear why Stowa is a fan favorite here. My experience with them was a pleasure and I made sure to let them know as well. Already have an eye on their Prodiver watches

Have a good one!

Rob

Name:  20160705_094120 (800x450).jpg
Views: 1407
Size:  236.6 KBName:  20160705_094125 (800x450).jpg
Views: 1853
Size:  247.9 KBName:  20160705_094239 (800x450).jpg
Views: 1369
Size:  189.5 KB

Re: My ordering experience with Stowa

Thanks buddy! I just ordered mine last Friday and I'm anxiously waiting for it, I got the black leather strap but I really want a brown leather strap, please post once you got the Crown & Buckle straps!

I have the same watch although without logo and have been very pleased with it. Both my recent orders with Stowa arrived the day after I got the shipping notice. Mine is running about +2 seconds in 24 hrs. Lots of companies offer Flieger style watches but for my money, it's Stowa every time. Congratulations on your new watch. Enjoy!
    Last edited by AFG08; July 5th, 2016 at 19:07.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by DutchMongolian View Post
    Thanks buddy! I just ordered mine last Friday and I'm anxiously waiting for it, I got the black leather strap but I really want a brown leather strap, please post once you got the Crown & Buckle straps!
    Will do. You'll be pleased with the watch I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by AFG08 View Post
    I have the same watch although without logo and have been very pleased with it. Both my recent orders with Stowa arrived the day after I got the shipping notice. Mine is running about +2 seconds in 24 hrs. Lots of companies offer Flieger style watches but for my money, it's Stowa every time. Congratulations on your new watch. Enjoy!
    Thank you, and I agree with your opinion on fliegers...Stowa is great.

Congrats on your new Stowa! My experience with their customer service and communications was great too when I ordered mine.

Enjoy!
    robi1138 likes this.

Congrats on the new watch. My 4th Stowa got shipped today, should have it Thursday. FYI, my experience with the customs bill is that I get it 4-6 weeks after the watch.
    robi1138 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ads75 View Post
    Congrats on the new watch. My 4th Stowa got shipped today, should have it Thursday. FYI, my experience with the customs bill is that I get it 4-6 weeks after the watch.
    I had mine shipped by DHL last time and never received any customs fees.

Congrats on the new watch! I have the flieger classic no logo and absolutely love it. I've recently been emailing Stowa for the past few months in preparation of ordering a Marine Automatic, which I paid for last night!! Sandra and Nina before her have been absolutely top notch. Seriously, its some of the best customer service I've experienced. And now I play the waiting game.....
    robi1138 likes this.

Also, I had a similar experience with getting the customs charges about a month later.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information