my stowa review/experience

Thread: my stowa review/experience

my stowa review/experience

if you haven't bought a stowa yet... quit lurking around and order one because you simply will not regret it. several years ago, a franck muller ad fancied my eye in a magazine and it was then that the horology bug took a bite into my arm and poisoned my blood.

initially i was saving up for a bell and ross until i happened upon this humble website one late night. i couldn't deny the timeless bauhausian design and after reading reviews and seeing detailed pictures, i ordered a black stowa antea in black, with date and black band. i ordered the watch on a friday evening and it arrived all the from germany onto my doorstep in tulsa, oklahoma at 9:39 a.m. on monday!

i am now lying in bed in my pajamas typing this while gazing at the magnificent timepiece strapped on my wrist. the fit and finish on this piece are simply astounding. the pictures, the reviews, the testimonials, none do it justice. it is a marvelous piece of hancrafted artwork flawless in it's elegant charm.

during the transaction, i emailed jorg twice with various questions and recieved a thoughtful reply both times within hours. it thrills me to see that people like jorg are keeping the lost art of handcrafting, quality and personal interaction alive. these days, a purchase is cold, impersonal and very uninformative. with stowa, you know the company's history, where it was made, who made it and satisfaction in knowing that there is a man standing behind the product who main concern is the consumer, not capitalism.

this watch is undoubtedly THE best buy to be had in the world of fine timepieces. it is everything one would expect given the high expectations of a german made product. this watch is easily worth 1k or more as far as modern day horological trends are concerned. however, i feel that jorg is out to provide a quality product at what he feels is a fair price to men who may not drive a bmw. i drive a 1965 dodge dart and sometimes a vespa, but i'll put the quality of my watch up against any of those on the arms of high polished wood grained steering wheels at the stop light next to me.

i HIGHLY reccomend this watch to anyone. thank you my friend jorg, it's nice to think of this precision insturment of impecible quality traveling all the way across the world from your workbench to my arm. you've just made a LOYAL customer. you germans could give some american companys a lesson in customer service. i love knowing the actual person responsible for the product i purchase. not some bigger than life personna like sam walton. jorg. jorg the watchmaker.

luke black.
    Last edited by anitasanger; June 27th, 2006 at 06:08.

stuffler,mike

Re: my stowa review/experience

Glad to hear (read) you are glad. But we all knew you´d be glad

You're absolutely correct about Jorg. He's been great! I've e-mailed him several times getting a watch setup just like I want it (too many times) and he's been terrific to accomodate every wish. Thanks, Jorg.

Gerry
    Last edited by Showme; June 28th, 2006 at 00:26.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

It has to make Jorg happy to read reviews like that.
    I agree 100% with everything you say as my experience was the same on all counts.
    "Time is the school in which we learn. Time is the fire in which we burn."

Good write up Luke! I had as equally gratifying transaction when purchasing my Antea KS. Next time I'm in Tulsa I'll be looking at peoples wrists trying to spot you. LOL. There are at least 2 Stowas in Oklahoma now. Congratulations and post some photos!

Laughing I love my Prodiver, I agree Stowa is one hell of a watch ....

company.

I agree whoeheartedly. My Prodiver arrived a week ago and it is without a doubt the most solid, well put together watch I have ever owned.
    I asked for a special bezel in place of the stock bezel and it was switched for me, no problem, no additional money, no hesitation.
    In fact, I received an email from Jorg himself - that's customer care, not just service.
    I'd like to say more about the watch itself - however, words don't do it justice. I can say that I believe that this watch will become a classic over time - hard to say, but possibly in the same way Omega Ploprof did.
    Enough said, get a Prodiver when they are back in stock.
    Rod

The Short List:
    Omega SMP Bond
    Rolex Submariner 16610
    Seiko 6109

thanks guys! i'm glad you liked the review. i wore my watch to work today for the first time and found myself gazing at it all day. i couldn't believe how many people noticed it and asked to look at it. i gladly removed it and showed people it's delicate innerworkings through the brilliant sapphire back. anyway, a question. thus far, the watch has wound itself, however this being my first automatic, i'm not sure how winding via the crown is done. i know that all automatics don't have this option, but i thought i read somewhere that the antea does. i don't really care to do this, but i would like to know how it is done anyway.
    thanks, luke black.

Yes it can be done.

I do it for my Stowas when I am not wearing them (seldom!). Simply rotate the crown clockwise as you would wind an old fashioned watch.

It sure is better than shaking the watch for 1-2 min. , as I have to do with my Seiko 5 which lacks the hand winding option.

Congratulatons, BTW!!!!
    Best regards, Frode

Laco WUS LE 09/50
    Stowa Airman
    Stowa Antea
    Custom RN Diver
    Poljot Kirova
    Poljot Strela
    Poljot Aviator I
    Sturmanskie Civil
    Seiko SKX007
    Citizen Nighthawk
    Marathon Navigator
    Vostok WRR Amfibia LE
    Vostok Amfibia

Great Review and glad to hear about another happy customer. The Marine Original is on the top of my list.
    ToddH

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." Albert Einstein

Thread Information