Mystery watch

Thread: Mystery watch

Mystery watch

Knowing my interest in watches, a friend brought one of his watches to show me a couple of weeks ago. It apparently belonged to his grandfather, and my friend believes it may date from the 1920s or 1930s. Now, I know it's probably not a Stowa, but as a Stowa owner I know what a friendly bunch you all are and thought this forum would be a good starting point in trying to identify my friend's watch for him. Also, the dial design bears a striking similarity to my next planned Stowa purchase, the MO Roman.

I didn't take any measurements, but would guess the diameter is around 35mm. It's quite a heavy watch for its size and as you can see, has a very narrow strap width.

Do any of you have any ideas about the watch manufacturer please, or any suggestions as to who I can ask next? Thanks.

(In case you're wondering, the case back is completely plain and smooth).
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Mystery watch

Looks nice, but any photos of the movement? That would help! You might try posting this in the 'vintage' forum.
    • Omega Speedmaster Pro • Rolex Oyster Precision 6426Stowa 1938 Chronograph • Stowa Flieger Grey LE • Homemade homages

Re: Mystery watch

I take your point, but I'm not sure if my friend's ready to see me try and prize the back off his watch yet! Good idea about the Vintage forum. I'll give that a try. Thanks.

Thread Information