New Airman & A Question

Thread: New Airman & A Question

New Airman & A Question

Hello All,

This is my first post to the Stowa forum after lurking for a while. I just recieved my Airman w/Logo this morning, and couldn't be happier. The fit and finish are truley amazing, as is the lume. I was somewhat apprehensive to order an entirely brushed watch, as I've only ever had less well finished watches with brushed surfaces, but Jorg's work surpassed all my expectations. I will post pictures later (had to go to work after waiting out the FedEx truck) when I get a chance.

However, I have one quick question/concern. I will try to describe this as best I can, and will post pictures later to show what I'm about to type. At the six o'clock postion of the case, where the top piece (part that holds the crystal) meets the middle piece of the case construction, there is a small indent. It doesnt look like it was struck - it seems like a clean and possibly intentional indentation. So, is this part of the case construction, i.e. a way to assemble/dissassemble easily when necessary, or is the watch damaged?

Thanks in advance for your responses, and also for the great information I've picked up reading through the forum.

David

Re: New Airman & A Question

Quote Originally Posted by watchtarheel View Post
    However, I have one quick question/concern. I will try to describe this as best I can, and will post pictures later to show what I'm about to type. At the six o'clock postion of the case, where the top piece (part that holds the crystal) meets the middle piece of the case construction, there is a small indent. It doesnt look like it was struck - it seems like a clean and possibly intentional indentation. So, is this part of the case construction, i.e. a way to assemble/dissassemble easily when necessary, or is the watch damaged?
    If you are describing what I think you are describing, it is there intentionally as a way to open the top of the case. All of my Airmen and my Antea KS have the same feature.

+1 Yep - it is the design of the case.

Enjoy your new Airman. It is a wonderful timepiece.

Glen

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for responses, guys. Now that the watch is finally in my hands, I can understand all the enthusiasm for Stowa and Jorg among WIS. I'll try to get some pictures up over the weekend.

Thread Information