New arrival! Jorg Schauer Edition 10
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: New arrival! Jorg Schauer Edition 10

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New arrival! Jorg Schauer Edition 10

I started getting into watches probably about 4 years ago. WUS was one of the first places I found when I was trying to sell an old Maurice Lacroix when I got my Omega. I have been a member here since then and found this forum in the beginning and always loved the simplicity of the Stowa and Schauer watches. They are not overworked and screaming for attention like most watches nowadays. They are simple and elegant without being extravagant; yet one can tell they exude quality without even laying a hand one. Basically... they are all gorgeous and I like every one of the Stowa and Schauer watches. There are very few brands that I would be proud to wear any of their watches.

So on to the new arrival! I am recently married, almost 2 weeks ago in Maui, and my wedding gift from my wife was the Jorg Schauer Edition 10! I was speechless when I opened the box. Mine does have the chamfered bezel as opposed to the standard which IMO gives it a more elegant appearance. It is just gorgeous and I have worn it every day since receiving it. Some days for not as long as I refuse to take this watch in the water and wore the others I had with me on our honeymoon for pool and ocean duty. BUT as soon as I could put the Schauer back on I did. I did change the strap also as I prefer brown straps to black. I think this one looks very nice but also have another coming and am considering getting a croc or something a little more dressy. I love the case on this thing. It is so smooth and finely finished it really is ridiculous. It feels softer than silk. Anyways...

Here is one photo. I was going to take more but it is rainy outside and I refuse to use flash so I just took a slightly longer exposure. Not my best shot but it is decent enough. I hope to see more Schauer watches around!

Back from our wedding and honeymoon and back to normal life. Kinda of sad, but we had a great time and will have many more to come.
    Last edited by J_Hack; September 5th, 2011 at 20:53. Reason: Edited photo
    iggy-th likes this.

Re: New arrival! Jorg Schauer Edition 10

Nobody does blue hands like Stowa. Clean watch!
    Omega-Seamaster 22345000 Laco-Navy Miyota Luminous Torgoen-T08301 Meister-Anderson Silva Limited Edition Chief108AS Swiss Army Officers 1884 Seiko-Orange Monster Boschett-Cave Dweller 2 G-Shock GW7900B-1 Boschett-Ocean Mariner

Congratulations on your marriage, and of course, your stunning Edition 10. I wasn't aware that the chamfered bezel was an option. It does give a more elegant appearance and provides more "dimension" than the standard flat bezel.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Dear J,

Congradulations!!!! It surely looks like you hit a home run,a wonderful watch and a wonderful bride who has great taste in watches!!! Not exactly in that order of course. Just when I thought I knew what my next watch purchase was, you throw a monkey in the wrench!

Again Congradulations,

Ren

Thanks for the compliments. My wife is quite amazing as is the watch. She has excellent taste in virtually everything which often works out in my favor!

I wish it were easier to get a good shot of the blued hands. They are one of my favorite aspects of the watch. Hard to tell normally, but you get a shot here and there of the hands and they are stunning. The bezel change is a result of seeing the LE Edition 10 pretty much. It really sets it off IMO. I like the LE Edition 10, but am unsure of the silver dial. I like the stark white look of the normal Edition 10 which the LE has a more creme color to it.

J,

Please do me a favor and take alot of pics both on and off the wrist! I would really like to see the back in several positions. How do you like the movement, and is it what you would expect of a watch in this price range? I really do like this watch and it is on my short list as they say. I just want to see it in as many views as possible. What options could you have added to the watch,if any?

Thanks in advance,

Ren

I will take some additional photos tomorrow and get them posted here.

The Valjoux movement is very nice to look at and is finished nicely. Blued screws and perlage all over the movement. I have had the chance to hold much much more expensive watches, like AL&S, and they are true works of art. This in comparison is very nice, especially considering the cost difference once you start going into manufacture movements. The movement feels very nice. Pushers have solid action also. You get what you pay for IMO and the Schauer is worth it. One thing that really attracted me to the watch was the fact that Jorg personally finishes each case and you can tell. The finishing on the case is amazing. I said in my original post that it felt like silk and I truly mean it. The case finishing is nicer than other watches I have handled in the same range and more. I would put it on par with watches costing 2-3 times more than this one.

I am not sure what other options are available really besides changing bezel and straps. I have seen another dial variation, but it was not the bi-compax model and I believe it was the Edition 6(?). I am pretty sure you can do just about anything, just additional changes would add cost and time to completion. My wife said it took about 3 months for mine to arrive.

On a side note... I had always loved this watch in photos. Seeing and handling it in person has lived up to and exceeded what my expectations were. One thing that attracted me to it was the fact that it is so exclusive without being as costly as other much higher end brands. If I ever run into another person wearing a Schauer I would be truly shocked. I live in West Virginia and most people here do not know watches. Everyone, and I mean literally EVERYONE, with money is wearing a Rolex. I have only worked one day since I have been back and caught several persons checking it out. Something about the watch speaks to people I think. I have not received any comments yet, but I expect them. The only other watch that ever gets comments is my orange Seiko Sumo, and typically when I wear it on the orange NATO. Omega never gets comments nor Bathys. Needless to say, I do not believe you would be disappointed.

There are few photos of this watch out there for some reason. So I am happy to get more out for others to see. Till tomorrow...
    Renisin likes this.

Wonder if it would look better with blued screws on the bezel

Massachusetts & New Hampshire, United States

Quote Originally Posted by blurrycloud View Post
    Wonder if it would look better with blued screws on the bezel
    Wow, now that is an interesting idea. I bet it would look amazing. I am a HUGE fan of this hue of blue. Maybe Jorg will see this post and take this into consideration as an option on future models.

I can't see why it would not be possible to do, but I can not see it being a normal thing for these watches. IMO the blued steel screws affixing it to the bezel would detract from the rest of the watch. The stainless screws are enough of an accent themselves but without taking away from the rest of the watch.

Quote Originally Posted by nugget40 View Post
    Wow, now that is an interesting idea. I bet it would look amazing. I am a HUGE fan of this hue of blue. Maybe Jorg will see this post and take this into consideration as an option on future models.
    As promised, here is a link to my photobucket account with 17 photos. I put a picture of my Omega as well so you can kind of see the difference in case finishing. You can tell the difference in the photos, I think, but you definitely can tell in person. The case was finished by hand with a lot of care. The movement photos are about as good as I can get without natural lighting. And it is raining still so no taking it outside. If there are any other pics anyone wants me to post let me know and I can get more posted. www.photobucket.com/Edition10

Here is one to get you started...
    Last edited by J_Hack; September 6th, 2011 at 19:02. Reason: fixed url link
    Renisin likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information