new arrival:Stowa B-Uhr B-configuration...(pics.)

Thread: new arrival:Stowa B-Uhr B-configuration...(pics.)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

new arrival:Stowa B-Uhr B-configuration...(pics.)

always wanted a B-Uhr with a good movement (could not afford the IWC...) and found one in russia. seems that the B-Configuration was sold less than 50 pieces to the RLM. everything looks o.k. so far; was never in collectors hands. original and rubbed finish. movement works fine and will need a good service. the fine regulation screw is broken off, but can be replaced easily. open cut balance. blued hands with a little rust. radium still glowing a bit. all numbers matching. any comment is very welcome; i have to learn a lot about these stowas. and any valuations would be most welcomed as well. have a good christmas and kind regards from australia. achim

stuffler,mike

Re: new arrival:Stowa B-Uhr B-configuration...(pics.)

Awesome

Very nice! Congrats!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Great looking! Congratz
    You`re interested in stopwatches? Please visit
    http://stopwatches.forum24.se

Congratulations!

thanks for your comments ,guys ! would you leave the case finish as is ? who can point me to a good strap for these ? who has another B-Configuration watch ? any pictures ? any chance, to find that screw for the fine regulation ? any idea about the value of the B-Configuration ? this watch will stay with me ; any additional information would be great ! kind regards. achim

Can't help you out with any of this, but you might point some of the Pil/Mil guys to this thread. i would be surprised if Crusader or Abraxas, et al, couldn't provide you with some answers.

Well done on the pick-up. Maybe Jorg will see this and be inspired to bring us a B-Uhr airman.
    - KIND REGARDS -

Quote Originally Posted by watchyouwant View Post
    thanks for your comments ,guys ! would you leave the case finish as is ? who can point me to a good strap for these ? who has another B-Configuration watch ? any pictures ? any chance, to find that screw for the fine regulation ? any idea about the value of the B-Configuration ? this watch will stay with me ; any additional information would be great ! kind regards. achim
    Hi Achim,

first of all: Congrats to you - it's an awesome watch!

Here you might find support for spare parts: http://www.uhren-buse.de

Another supporter could be "kaempo", the owner of another forum, specialized in airman watches: http://www.flying-time.de

Have fun with your wonderful timepiece,

Volker

Very interesting and rare find, Achim!

Do you have an idea which lume types were used? AS on many other B-Uhren specimens, I note the difference in lume aging between the hands and the dial.

Would that be the result of thinner lume on the dial, or wof different lume types used?
    Cheers,

Martin ("Crusader")

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by watchyouwant View Post

Wonderful find!!!!
    Casefinish: It look to be original, matt Nickel plate on Brass, so please do not touch it. I have seen quite a few B-uhren with a polished case, they just look awful (IMO)!
    Value? - valuable, even more so when you have restored the movement.
    A strap that should fit is made by Laco ( www.laco.de ) the 26.9 mm wide one, made for those fixed lugs. You can also commision a new strap from a strapmaker.
    (If you want the exact specifications for the strap, just PM me!
    My Laco is now in with Laco in Germany, I am having the movement serviced and regulated, but it should be back within a couple of months.)
    The newly made straps (one piece Flieger style) that I have seen tend to be made of a very thick and hard leather.
    Check the lugwith to be sure if the Laco one will fit. After some softening and aging it can be slightly compressed/squeezed to fit the lugs.
    Just do not think you will be wearing it much! It is a monster, and a rare monster at that!
    Take great care of your treasure!!

I am the lucky owner of a Laco B-uhr B-configuration ( Baumuster B) from the early 1940ies, all original including the strap.
    You can see it on the Sticky Thread on PilMil Forum, the one about the Laco/WUS LE Baumuster B.

(BTW, The "Laco" imprint on the new Laco strap can easily be "aged" away.)
    Last edited by Janne; December 25th, 2008 at 02:12. Reason: add info

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information