New Convert. Prodiver...

Thread: New Convert. Prodiver...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New Convert. Prodiver...

Been lurking on here a while now, and sometime last year I ordered an FO. Fortunately, I'm on queue for an FO2... Having never handled or seen a Stowa in person before, I've been a bit unsure. I mean everyone on this forum loves Stowa, but still, it's a Stowa forum afterall, and I really don't know any of you. Because of the long wait for the watch, I'd been considering others, the Planet Ocean, a limited edition Speedy Moon, IWC, PAM, etc. I already own an IWC Fleiger and a Moon watch, so my expectations for the Stowa are pretty high.

Well, the other day I ran across a good deal on a pre-owned Prodiver, so I uh, took the plunge. Got it today. I have to say, everyone on here is right. It's one hell of a watch. Very solid, substantial, well-made watch. Worth it for sure at full price, really a great deal for what I paid. I'm very, very happy with it. I recommend it highly.

One question; can I change the date anytime, or is it like my IWC where you can't move the date between 10-2? I guess i'm assuming this has a quickset date?

Thanks. And thank you Stowa. Beautiful watch. Can't wait for my second one!!

Re: New Convert. Prodiver...

Prodiver uses ETA 2824-2 movement which does have a quickset date feature.
    My understanding of when and why you shouldn't use this function is that most date mechanisms engage special gear train to change the date gradually around midnight. If you force the date wheel during that process, you can damage the gear. 10-2 or 9-3 are just rules of thumb that watch manuals usually cite.

Welcome to Stowa. Now you understand.
    Steven
    Florida, USA

Sinn 103 St Sa LE
    Sinn 757 UTC
    Sinn U1
    Sinn 6100 Regulatuer
    IWC Aquatimer
    NOMOS Tangomat Datum
    Stowa Marine Original, 80th anniversary LE
    Stowa Seatime
    Doxa SUB750T Military Sharkhunter PVD
    Zinex Trimix GMT PVD LE Black Pirate
    Ocean 7 LM-2 GMT SE PVD
    Bathys Aquaculture MOP PVD
    Tissot TXL
    Seiko Kinetic Sportura SNL029P1 PVD
    Seiko Chronograph Sports 150
    Citizens Eco-Drive Calibre 8700 BL8000-03A
    Citizens Eco-Drive Largo Perpetual Calendar
    TX 730 w/ FlyBack Chrono
    Poljot Sturmanske Chrono
    Aristo Apucto HP6
    Casio ToughSolar ProTrek Titanium
    Various G's

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by roseskunk View Post
    Been lurking on here a while now, and sometime last year I ordered an FO. Fortunately, I'm on queue for an FO2... Having never handled or seen a Stowa in person before, I've been a bit unsure. I mean everyone on this forum loves Stowa, but still, it's a Stowa forum afterall, and I really don't know any of you. Because of the long wait for the watch, I'd been considering others, the Planet Ocean, a limited edition Speedy Moon, IWC, PAM, etc. I already own an IWC Fleiger and a Moon watch, so my expectations for the Stowa are pretty high.

Well, the other day I ran across a good deal on a pre-owned Prodiver, so I uh, took the plunge. Got it today. I have to say, everyone on here is right. It's one hell of a watch. Very solid, substantial, well-made watch. Worth it for sure at full price, really a great deal for what I paid. I'm very, very happy with it. I recommend it highly.

One question; can I change the date anytime, or is it like my IWC where you can't move the date between 10-2? I guess i'm assuming this has a quickset date?

Thanks. And thank you Stowa. Beautiful watch. Can't wait for my second one!!
    Prodiver is great, I recently acquired one myself. It's had a LOT of wrist time. Very versatile.

Let's see some pics of yours!

Thanks guys! I'll get some pics up (after-all, i am a photographer..) but school starts in a few days, i've got grants to write and 60 new photo students... yikes!

I haven't taken the watch off yet. It'll definitely be in the rotation now. I love the "toolness" of it.

Congrats!

Congrats on the pickup. You now know why a Stowa never lasts long on the sales fora. Quality/Price is arguably the best in the industry. Wear you new to you watch in good health.

Yeah, it's really nice. I did notice today that two of the small screws holding the bracelet together were loose and pretty far out of the hole. As soon as I got home, I tightened them and all's well. but it's got me wondering, should I put a small amount of loc-tite on them? Will they come loose from wear? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by roseskunk View Post
    Yeah, it's really nice. I did notice today that two of the small screws holding the bracelet together were loose and pretty far out of the hole. As soon as I got home, I tightened them and all's well. but it's got me wondering, should I put a small amount of loc-tite on them? Will they come loose from wear? Thanks!
    I'd advise against using loctite. If for whatever reason the screw has to be removed it could strip and ruin the bracelet. Just keep an eye on it from time to time.

No Stephen,

I can't agree, the same issue came up with my Seatime twice.
    Now I've used a little bit of Loctite (medium) and the screws won't loosen again.
    .....and if I want to unscrew, I use a hair dryer to get the Loctite liquid again.

Volker

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information