New to the forum, and somewhat bummed out!

Thread: New to the forum, and somewhat bummed out!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

New to the forum, and somewhat bummed out!

I just discovered this corner of the world, visited Stowa's page, and am impressed by how incredibly awesome these watches are. So impressed that I have an inclination to pony up some money and buy one right now.

But wait - am I misinterpreting things here, or am I correct that after searching and seeing the big scheduling post by Jorg, if I bought something (anything) today, the fastest I'd get any watch in the collection is September this year? I just want to make sure I'm interpreting this all correctly.

Re: New to the forum, and somewhat bummed out!

Quote Originally Posted by Strut99GT View Post
    I just discovered this corner of the world, visited Stowa's page, and am impressed by how incredibly awesome these watches are. So impressed that I have an inclination to pony up some money and buy one right now.

But wait - am I misinterpreting things here, or am I correct that after searching and seeing the big scheduling post by Jorg, if I bought something (anything) today, the fastest I'd get any watch in the collection is September this year? I just want to make sure I'm interpreting this all correctly.
    It is true that you have to wait for one of these pieces. But good things come to those that wait.

I'm 8 months in to my wait for my AO with no end in site, but I know that it'll be worth it.

Off Topic post Re: New to the forum, and somewhat bummed out!

Check this out. It's a simplistic model, but it has some bearing in the case of Stowa.

The idea is that you can get 2 of 3 of these things: Speed, Good Price, or High Quality. You can't get all 3. Stowa is a classic example of good price & high quality, but slow. I know I had canniptions the first month I was waiting on my Damasko DA36. But now that I've got it (I was lucky, only a little over 3 months of waiting) I'm so happy with it.

Sure you can buy an Omega or other fine watch tomorrow at your local jeweler, but if you want a Stowa you'll need to wait. Unless you want to try your hand at the second hand market?

In any event, I'm looking forward to MO LE 2 #16/120 in October! Or likely a little later... :)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Cursor View Post
    Check this out. It's a simplistic model, but it has some bearing in the case of Stowa.

The idea is that you can get 2 of 3 of these things: Speed, Good Price, or High Quality. You can't get all 3. Stowa is a classic example of good price & high quality, but slow. I know I had canniptions the first month I was waiting on my Damasko DA36. But now that I've got it (I was lucky, only a little over 3 months of waiting) I'm so happy with it.

Sure you can buy an Omega or other fine watch tomorrow at your local jeweler, but if you want a Stowa you'll need to wait. Unless you want to try your hand at the second hand market?

In any event, I'm looking forward to MO LE 2 #16/120 in October! Or likely a little later... :)
    A really nice economical model, that applies to a lot of things, among other things Schauer watches.

A good thing with waiting is that you have time to accumulate money for your purchase...

Pichao

stuffler,mike

Correct. Time enough to save up.

Quote Originally Posted by pichao View Post
    A good thing with waiting is that you have time to accumulate money for your purchase...

Pichao
    So wait - you don't have to pay up front? When do you have to pay? If you "reserve" an AO today, what is the price you pay at some point in the future when they are built (i.e. currency fluctuations for Euro vs. USD). What if you reserve one and don't buy it? Couldn't I just wait 'till the AOs are being produced and then order one, and just be in the back of the queue, but wouldn't have had to be on a list for an indeterminate amount of time?

Sorry for all the questions, but I think they are sensible ones.

stuffler,mike

So wait - you don't have to pay up front? When do you have to pay? If you "reserve" an AO today, what is the price you pay at some point in the future when they are built (i.e. currency fluctuations for Euro vs. USD). What if you reserve one and don't buy it? Couldn't I just wait 'till the AOs are being produced and then order one, and just be in the back of the queue, but wouldn't have had to be on a list for an indeterminate amount of time?

Sorry for all the questions, but I think they are sensible ones.
    Please read the current threads regarding the situation regarding all remaining FO orders. Will clear up things.

Usually you reserve/order a watch by e-mail to Jörg Schauer and his team and you will get a confirmation by e-mail, you will be informaed about the expected delivery date as well.
    You will get notified when the watch is ready to deliver and you will be asked to transfer the money.

Yes, you have to wait. But if you stray away from the mainstream brands and models and start delving in to the murky world of horology, you'll find that patience is one of the tools of the trade.

No chance of getting an AO any time in the near future, but there are some of lovely pieces in the range. The Airman Auto No Date would make a decent substitute and there's also the other models....

Quote Originally Posted by mingsta View Post
    The Airman Auto No Date would make a decent substitute and there's also the other models....
    But even for those - pretty much any of their watches - it looks like September is the minimum wait.

A three month wait isn't exactly going to kill you is it? There are numerous coping mechanisms that forum members have developed...such as compulsive posting on this forum and collecting other user's pictures of their future watch.

If you have to have instant gratification then there are always other options, but you may not gain as much enjoyment in the long run. Your choice!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information