New Member With Some Questions

Thread: New Member With Some Questions

New Member With Some Questions

Want to say HI to all and am happy to be a new member to the site. I have been looking at a seatime and trying to research the stowa co. and have been very pleased with what i have learned.

I do have some questions that you might help me with.......can anyone comment on the accuracy of these watches and comment on the weight.

can you also comment on the comfort of the watch. I know they are 42mm but how do they sit on your wrist and do they look to big on a normal sized wrist.

look forward to hearing from you and being a part of this forum.

Thanks in advance for your imput.

stuffler,mike

Re: New Member With Some Questions

Welcome to Watchuseek and welcome to the Official Jörg Schauer & Stowa Forum !

Regarding Stowa Seatime accuracy and "performance" you are kindly invited to read my review.

You may order a COSC certified ETA 2824-2 with your Seatime which will provide the accuracy you need. Quote from the Stowa online shop:
    COSC certified chronometer movement with "Cote de Geneve" and blued screws. This movement made a 15 days check in the "Swiss Official Chronometer Testing Institute". Every movement is numbered and comes with an also numbered certification. It is a high class movement which makes your watch more worthful. We deliver all STOWA watches on request with this movement. If you order a watch you can add 199.- Euros and we deliver your new watch with this movement and the official papers. If you have a existing STOWA or Schauer watch you can send us your watch and we put in the chronometermovement (290.- Euros) and check the watch again. After this you have a new 2 years guarantee. We are sorry that we are not allowed to sell unique single movements.

Hi, welcome here.
    My Seatime have a weight of 217g with the braclet and removed 3 links. The comfort is very pleasant, my wrist is 7" and it looks okay for me.
    The accurary is -1 second on my wrist and +2 second on the table. I wear it 16 hours on day and in the night it lies on the Nighttable so i never must correct the time :-D.
    HTH

Bye, Klaus
    Last edited by Mufflon; May 29th, 2006 at 18:11.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Linda--

The Seatime is a large watch. I wear one and love it. I am a middle aged guy pretty average in size. My Dad saw my Seatime and really liked it. He tried it on and felt it was too big for him. He chose a different model--the Marine. I discussed all this with Mrs Schauer (it's a small, family run company and they will visit about this kind of thing.), and she predicted he'd like the slightly less hefty model. The issue just isn't of the diameter of the watch (which, incidentally, makes the dial easy to read), but also the thickness of the case.

Currently, the fashion seems to be for larger watches. As I said at the start, I'm very happy with the way my Seatime (with the metal bracelet, which makes things even heavier) sits on my wrist. If you are buying this watch for a male SO, my guess is it will work out very well (get some input on the dial color choices).

Just my thoughts. I'm a bit of a Stowa/Schauer cheerleader (though I don't have any affiliation with the company--just a customer).

Thread Information