New STOWA Box >> Official STOWA Information ;) - Page 4
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: New STOWA Box >> Official STOWA Information ;)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 45
  1. #31
    Member B....'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    306

    Re: New STOWA Box >> Official STOWA Information ;)

    Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike View Post
    I like both, the Laco leatherette box for being a nice travel pouch....

    Attachment 12392477

    ....the Stowa Box for what it stands as explained by Jörg....

    Attachment 12392479

    ....both of course with a watch of the respective manufacturer.....

    Attachment 12392481

    Attachment 12392483

    My tastes are simple: I am easily satisfied with the best. (stolen from Winston Churchill).
    I'm OK with that Churchill quote Mike, & the refreshments on the table, but please - no cigars.
    B.
    Edit:
    Name:  churchill.jpg
Views: 517
Size:  15.2 KB
    Last edited by B....; July 31st, 2017 at 23:22.

  2. #32
    Member whifferdill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,614

    Re: New STOWA Box >> Official STOWA Information ;)

    For what it's worth as a customer soon to buy an Antea, I really love the idea of sustainability and locally sourced materials, and on that rarely does anybody, least alone watch enthusiasts, store their watches in the original packaging, so a scale back on materials makes sense, and I'd go one step further and say because of the aforementioned reason, the only problem I have with this new box is that it is too big and bulky - will take up too much room on a shelf or in the cupboard where it will end up unless the watch is sold on with 'original box and papers, which is the only reason anyone keeps the box in the first place. My favourite watch packaging came from Nomos - simple, elegant, watch sized, not too much. Look at the watch boxes used in the 30s through to the 60s: long 'pencil box' style cases. What more do you need? A return to that is what id like to see - I hate these great big multilayered boxes that watches come in these days - it's a watch, not a power tool, but some people enjoy the packaging as much (if not more in some cases!) as the watch itself.
    Last edited by whifferdill; August 2nd, 2017 at 22:35.

    Minutes are the Milestones of Aviation - Fred, in 'Fools and Birds Fly'

  3. #33
    Member Myron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,859

    Re: New STOWA Box >> Official STOWA Information ;)

    Quote Originally Posted by whifferdill View Post
    For what it's worth as a customer soon to buy an Antea, I really love the idea of sustainability and locally sourced materials, and on that rarely does anybody, least alone watch enthusiasts, store their watches in the original packaging, so a scale back on materials makes sense
    Totally agree. I like the new box's approach and the locally-sourced/sustainability angles also appeal to me. Especially since, as whifferdill points out, as soon as I get a new watch the box goes on the shelf.

    It seems like such a double-edged sword being a micro brand rockstar like Stowa these days. Having lots of fanatical consumers as a foundation is a definite plus, but then you must face the sandstorm of criticism when you change something as simple and trivial as the packaging.

    Personally, I think it's cool that the owner of a company even bothers to make an occasional appearance on the official forum to let his most ardent customers in on the latest news. Makes me feel appreciated as a customer, not cheated because he went and changed the box on me.

    I have a MABLE coming any day, and I think I just might keep the box out on the mantle for a while to more fully enjoy the complete Stowa experience. :)

    Myron
    MHe225 and whifferdill like this.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #34
    Member CM HUNTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    WNC Mountains
    Posts
    5,198

    Re: New STOWA Box >> Official STOWA Information ;)

    Quote Originally Posted by Myron View Post
    Totally agree. I like the new box's approach and the locally-sourced/sustainability angles also appeal to me. Especially since, as whifferdill points out, as soon as I get a new watch the box goes on the shelf.

    It seems like such a double-edged sword being a micro brand rockstar like Stowa these days. Having lots of fanatical consumers as a foundation is a definite plus, but then you must face the sandstorm of criticism when you change something as simple and trivial as the packaging.

    Personally, I think it's cool that the owner of a company even bothers to make an occasional appearance on the official forum to let his most ardent customers in on the latest news. Makes me feel appreciated as a customer, not cheated because he went and changed the box on me.

    I have a MABLE coming any day, and I think I just might keep the box out on the mantle for a while to more fully enjoy the complete Stowa experience. :)

    Myron
    Funny how different people have different feelings about what would be considered simple and trivial as I felt this same way about the changing of a little letter to a different one and adding an actual logo to a dial. But unlike the apparent feelings towards this new box, I was in the minority with that one.
    ​WATCHES OF ADMIRATION
    A. LANGE & SOHNE HENTSCHEL HAMBURG DAMASKO
    UTS MUNCHEN Glashuette ORIGINAL LEHMANN
    NOMOS GLASHUETTE MORITZ GROSSMANN BENZINGER
    temPtion
    D. DORNBLUETH & SOHNE JUNGHANS


    WATCHES CURRENTLY OUT OF THE SAFE IN ROTATION
    DRESS:
    Glashuette Original Senator Observer, JLC MUT
    DIVERS:
    UTS 2000m, Seiko SKX009J
    PILOTS/MILITARY:
    Damasko DS30, Laco Paderborn, Archimede A Dial Flieger, Hamilton Field Khaki, Marathon General Purpose Mechanical,
    Citizen Avion Solar Chronograph
    SPORTS/RACING:
    Muhle 29er Big

    24 watches & holding steady.

  6. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    297

    Re: New STOWA Box >> Official STOWA Information ;)

    I preferred the old logo much more ..
    I don't care for the old Stowa box, nor do.I particularly like the new one. If Laco can provide a part of the buying experience that compares favourably to Stowa then it's worth mentioning that in the discussion :)

  7. #36
    Member hidden830726's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    1,995

    Re: New STOWA Box >> Official STOWA Information ;)

    To be frank. I now have 10 steel box kept inside the cabinet and have really no use for them except keeping them in case that I need to sell my watch (which unlikely but never say never) the new box will not solve this spacing problem either. Nomos actually done it better and more space saving. Just saying. But I welcome the change.

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk


  8. #37
    Member omeglycine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,334

    Re: New STOWA Box >> Official STOWA Information ;)

    Quote Originally Posted by hidden830726 View Post
    To be frank. I now have 10 steel box kept inside the cabinet and have really no use for them except keeping them in case that I need to sell my watch (which unlikely but never say never) the new box will not solve this spacing problem either. Nomos actually done it better and more space saving. Just saying. But I welcome the change.

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    True, but the NOMOS box is really cheap. I accidentally snapped the string on one box, and apparently the person who owned another watch before me did the same as that box also had a snapped string.

    But like others have said, I buy watches, not boxes.
    soaking.fused likes this.

  9. #38
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    297

    Re: New STOWA Box >> Official STOWA Information ;)

    Some of my fairly expensive Seikos( MM300, SBBN013 ) simply come with nice cardboard boxes , but the branding , colour scheme and little splashes of yellow felt like material make them feel good enough and they aren't particularly bulky. I do think that that they are well designed however, with enough attention to detail to feel like quality packaging, and in keeping with the mood of the watches in that productline.

    At the end of the day a box is a box , but if you look at Stowa watches and the experience of purchasing from them which is usually excellent the box is the least impressive part. I admire the effort to improve this and will reserve further judgment until I see one in person and for now give the benefit of the doubt that it is indeed nicer than the old packaging.
    Last edited by boemher; August 9th, 2017 at 22:41.
    hidden830726 likes this.

  10. #39
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    858

    Re: New STOWA Box >> Official STOWA Information ;)

    It's funny. One of the things I was most excited about when I got my new Omega Speedmaster was the box and accessories that it comes with. However, once I got the watch out of the box and oogled it for a few minutes, I packed it all up and put it on the top shelf of my closet where it's sat closed up for the last year. So, I agree with some of the other recent posters, I support a simpler, more sustainable box, especially if it saves a few bucks on the price of the watch.

    Once loved, now rarely seen:

  11. #40
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    283

    Re: New STOWA Box >> Official STOWA Information ;)

    Sorry, I like the old box better.
    omeglycine and pavilion like this.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. Movement versions update, official STOWA information....
      By Jörg Schauer in forum Jörg Schauer & STOWA
      Replies: 22
      Last Post: November 1st, 2017, 00:30
    2. STOWA Book in english is coming soon. >>Official STOWA information.
      By Jörg Schauer in forum Jörg Schauer & STOWA
      Replies: 14
      Last Post: April 21st, 2016, 04:57
    3. STOWA price increasing - official information !
      By Jörg Schauer in forum Jörg Schauer & STOWA
      Replies: 51
      Last Post: March 23rd, 2015, 07:23
    4. WANTED ! We need more watchmaker. Official Information from STOWA :-)
      By Jörg Schauer in forum Jörg Schauer & STOWA
      Replies: 23
      Last Post: December 5th, 2013, 11:20
    5. We are happy to launch something really new :-) official STOWA information
      By Jörg Schauer in forum Jörg Schauer & STOWA
      Replies: 20
      Last Post: December 13th, 2011, 12:14

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •