New Stowa is FAST
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: New Stowa is FAST

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

New Stowa is FAST

As some of you know I got my new Stowa KS last week. Unfortunately it was running +17 s/d face up at the time. I have an electronic watch timer. I wrote Stowa and they said it was because the lubricants needed to move about and it would take a few weeks and maybe months before the watch would settle to the normal rate. It's now 8 days later and the watch is running between +26 and +30 s/d which is really, really fast. They mentioned to let them know by 14 days if it's still running fast.

So that said, since I have a watch timer and I've regulated my Omega Speedmaster, Seiko 5, and Traser Classic watches, do you think I should just send it back to Stowa to have them regulate it (and wait for them to do it) or do you think I should just do it?

Re: New Stowa is FAST

I don't think that a deviation of +30sec/day (or even +17) will regulate itself over the weeks, that's too much .
    Last edited by avatar1; April 6th, 2011 at 11:48.

Quote Originally Posted by nathantw666 View Post
    As some of you know I got my new Stowa KS last week. Unfortunately it was running +17 s/d face up at the time. I have an electronic watch timer. I wrote Stowa and they said it was because the lubricants needed to move about and it would take a few weeks and maybe months before the watch would settle to the normal rate. It's now 8 days later and the watch is running between +26 and +30 s/d which is really, really fast. They mentioned to let them know by 14 days if it's still running fast.

So that said, since I have a watch timer and I've regulated my Omega Speedmaster, Seiko 5, and Traser Classic watches, do you think I should just send it back to Stowa to have them regulate it (and wait for them to do it) or do you think I should just do it?

Definitely not, you'd void the rest of your warranty, the best thing to do is send it back.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Nolimits View Post
    Definitely not, you'd void the rest of your warranty, the best thing to do is send it back.
    That was my thought too. I just like this watch so much I'd hate to part with it for however long they'd need it. Plus the extra costs associated with shipping and insurance and customs...sigh.

Whatever you decide to do, I would let it break in for 2 to 4 weeks first. Then decide whether the accuracy is acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by nathantw666 View Post
    That was my thought too. I just like this watch so much I'd hate to part with it for however long they'd need it. Plus the extra costs associated with shipping and insurance and customs...sigh.
    Well they might have it a while, but you won't have to pay shipping, insurance or customs again as long as it's in warranty.
    nathantw666 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nolimits View Post
    Well they might have it a while, but you won't have to pay shipping, insurance or customs again as long as it's in warranty.
    Oh! That's actually really good to hear. I'll wait until next week and let them know the rate of speed on the watch and see what they suggest. Thanks!

Moderator German Watches Forum

Nathan,

Since you have the watch timer, I suggest you demagnetize
    the watch and tell us if that changes the timing.

Thanks,
    rationaltime

Sponsor / Moderator

Dear nathantw666 ,

30 sec a day is to much.
    Please send the watch back and we will regulate new.

of course if you don´t mind please check again 1-2 weeks to be 100% sure that nothing change in this tim, than send back and we regulate it new.
    it always helps us if you tell us your wearing situation which means for example. i wear my watch the whole day but put it on my desc during the night, or : i wear it only 1-2 hours in the morning when i am on the way to my office, than i put it on my desc. Wear it again in the afternoon.

This describtion of your normal daily situation helps us always to check if there is a difference in one position of the watch or basicly only running to fast.

But be sure that we make it perfect.

Best regards

Jörg Schauer

Ok, I have a question, hope you don't take this the wrong way... Why isn't the watch regulated before shipping it? Wouldn't this be much easier for everyone (for Stowa by not paying for shipping costs, and for the customer for not missing the watch some time)? Or are the watches regulated before they are packaged and somehow (doubt this though) during mishandled shipping maybe they lose so much accuracy?
    Last edited by rrayden; April 7th, 2011 at 09:38.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information