NEW: Stowa Friends - Share your passion - Page 4
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: NEW: Stowa Friends - Share your passion

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Re: Stowa Friends

They have a map of all of their Stowa friends that have registered, and it looks like the program is so far pretty sparse. There is less than 20 in the US. Hopefully they will advertise it a bit better and the program will pick up steam. When I join the Stowa club (hopefully in the spring) I will sign up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Caso and cadenza like this.

I got 1 request when it was launched but has been quiet since then.

Watchuseek Journalist Bhanu Chopra's Avatar

I have setup a meeting this weekend.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Watchuseek Journalist Bhanu Chopra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by badgerracer View Post
    Just got this email about Stowa’s new program: Stowa Friends

I think this is a really cool idea, since I would otherwise have no way of seeing a Stowa in person before buying. This is a common problem among online only watch retailers, and it is cool that Stowa is encouraging building local communities around their watches.

I looked at the rewards and it looks like you would really have to meet up quite a bit to really get anything, but it is still something.

P.S.
    If anyone in the Phoenix metro area and has either a Flieger 36 or an Antea KS please sign up and coffee is on me!

My nephew in Scottsdale has Flieger 40 and assorted 4-5 Stowa.

For those who have met interested parties via Stowa Friends: how do you deal with the potential security and safety issues? Perhaps I am being paranoid, but there is a possibility, albeit unliekly, of a malicious person using this to steal someone's watch.

I guess the best way to protect yourself is to choose a well populated location during daylight hours and never take the watch off your wrist. If you do feel comfortable handing the watch over to the other person, I suppose you could always arrange it so that you are between the person and the exit to prevent an easy getaway.

Maybe I am just too mistrusting :P

Hi, will you be my Stowa friend?
    Joined in the SF Bay Area=)

I signed up last week!
    DC/Northern Virginia area

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
    cadenza likes this.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____
    All my watches are fantastic in their own way, and were acquired after (and often because of) hours spent on this forum!

Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike View Post
    Not a new thing, already exists for two years but unnoticed by a lot of Stowa aficionados.
    So what? Maybe the OP just found about the program 3 days ago, thought it was a very good idea, and decided to share his (or her) excitement? What's the problem?

I also only received the email the other day, even though I have owned a Stowa watch (and Stowa account/newsletter subscription) for at least a couple of years.

It sounds like a very nice program on Stowa's part, really a good use of positive and completely well-intentioned worldwide communication, and so thank you, OP, for sharing.
    Caso likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by montydrei View Post
    For those who have met interested parties via Stowa Friends: how do you deal with the potential security and safety issues? Perhaps I am being paranoid, but there is a possibility, albeit unliekly, of a malicious person using this to steal someone's watch.

I guess the best way to protect yourself is to choose a well populated location during daylight hours and never take the watch off your wrist. If you do feel comfortable handing the watch over to the other person, I suppose you could always arrange it so that you are between the person and the exit to prevent an easy getaway.

Maybe I am just too mistrusting :P
    Not necessarily "too mistrusting" at all.
    Everything (esp social media) can be abused for nefarious purposes.
    Whether with Craigslist/similar sales/buying; other forums; other types of meetings; and even this thing: caution is prudent.
    Meet only in secure, pleasant, populated public places, and never give out your physical address to strangers.

I live in Los Angeles, and have a garage full of lifetime stuff that is not worth selling on eBay or any other fee + shipping entity, so a Craigslist garage/yard sale would be optimal. However, I would not have enough "protection" (family, friends) to help me look over stuff and the till for a Saturday and Sunday, and I am certainly not going to risk being shot by someone (which has happened here, exactly via Craigslist listings)...so, no, I will never do that, and will simply find some charity to pick up and leave in 5 minutes, if I do not actually just take the stuff to them. My parents would never have had these concerns.

Being careful for yourself and your family is not at all being "too mistrusting"; it is simply being, sadly for our time, completely realistic.

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Well, I was just mentioning a fact. And another fact is that „Stowa Friends“ was to be found under „Service“ since years.

Name:  4427C5AD-666E-487A-A3EE-E7ADB04080FB.jpeg
Views: 40
Size:  315.2 KB
    abujordan likes this.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information