New STOWA Logo. Official announcement. :-) - Page 14
Like Tree300Likes

Thread: New STOWA Logo. Official announcement. :-)

Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
    Sponsor / Moderator

Re: New STOWA Logo. Official announcement. :-)

again thanks for all the statements which i fully and completely respect. and it is like many of you said: changings are always difficult and often it is not easy to explain the whole story. here are many(i want to say the most) realy educated people. This is not usual and i am happy to have the chance to hear so many different feelings, emotions and critical statements. of course i read them and think about them. but i also know that i have to hear on my inner voice and in german we say:"Bauchgefühl", this all says me to keep the way.
    and i tell you that (like always in the last 23 years of my proffesion), i have to "carry" the risc by my own........and i will do, like i did many times before.

only one example: i think it was the year 2003 or 2004, i was so busy with my schauer brand that stowa ( i bought the brand 1997) was free for purchase because i could not handle two brands. it nearly kills me. i decided to sell it and the price was realy "small", but nobody wants!
    "ok" i thought: to keep it small and nearly unknown is not good. so i decided to give more of my time to stowa and to make it as a direct selling brand. through internet, only through internet. this was new. but it was a possible way and i did it. i never thought that it will works worldwide. the idea was only for germany. but the collectors worldwide has been interested....now we active sell to more than 70 countries worldwide. this was something nobody suspected. the complete concept was the key for this succes. design. price quality relation:best value for money. new interpretation of old designs.....and so on.of course the logo has its part of the watchdesign.but never as so important than we think. some or mostly of you remember when i was the first (its true, you can search) who hiden the logo on the dial. For example on the airman watches. it was not easy to make this decision and i have to be strong for all the critic i got. some told me it is impossible to sell watches without logo. airman without logo since 3 years is our best selling modell. what i want to say is that i never know whats happen. and of course i have to take the risc by myself!!, only by myself!!!.
    But i also want to say that i always give new things, new situations the chance to "work" on me.
    with more informations i can change my mind. maybe today, from my todays view(with my available informations i have), i maybe don't like something.
    but maybe with more informations i get every day my feelings can change(sometimes they have to change because the new facts don't allow to follow the actual way) ,

My only wish is that you give the new Logo a chance because believe me: Mr.Esslinger(the man behind steve jobs/apple design in 1982, responsible for the first apple computer and later again responsible for the snow white apple design) and me, we have had realy reasons for the changing of the logo!)
    So for me it is clear that the new logo is like it is and will be like this as long as possible and maybe so long that some new facts maybe enlarge our (my)personal horizont that i feel it is time to change again.
    (like so many big brands did from time to time).

Stowa is small and unknown, but we are lucky to have people and customers around us who realy, resly interested in the brand.

So interested that they spend a lot of their limited time here to discuss and try to keep their watchbrand alive!

Stowa is alive, the new logo doesn't damage anything.

It is a step forward!!

if i don't believe, who else should?

You will see it.

best regards and please remind you that we always will do our best to built one of the best watches in the market.

This is our reputation and this we will keep!

Jörg Schauer
    Designer and CEO of the Stowa brand

They continue to criticize you and question you time and time again, yet, in the end, they also continue to flock to Stowa for a fine timepiece. This time, like all others, will be no different, and all of this complaining will be for nothing. We will just have all of these documented cases of the criticism this time, then notice the same people a few months from now proudly post pictures of their new Stowa.

Quote Originally Posted by Jörg Schauer View Post
    again thanks for all the statements which i fully and completely respect. and it is like many of you said: changings are always difficult and often it is not easy to explain the whole story. here are many(i want to say the most) realy educated people. This is not usual and i am happy to have the chance to hear so many different feelings, emotions and critical statements. of course i read them and think about them. but i also know that i have to hear on my inner voice and in german we say:"Bauchgefühl", this all says me to keep the way.
    and i tell you that (like always in the last 23 years of my proffesion), i have to "carry" the risc by my own........and i will do, like i did many times before.

only one example: i think it was the year 2003 or 2004, i was so busy with my schauer brand that stowa ( i bought the brand 1997) was free for purchase because i could not handle two brands. it nearly kills me. i decided to sell it and the price was realy "small", but nobody wants!
    "ok" i thought: to keep it small and nearly unknown is not good. so i decided to give more of my time to stowa and to make it as a direct selling brand. through internet, only through internet. this was new. but it was a possible way and i did it. i never thought that it will works worldwide. the idea was only for germany. but the collectors worldwide has been interested....now we active sell to more than 70 countries worldwide. this was something nobody suspected. the complete concept was the key for this succes. design. price quality relation:best value for money. new interpretation of old designs.....and so on.of course the logo has its part of the watchdesign.but never as so important than we think. some or mostly of you remember when i was the first (its true, you can search) who hiden the logo on the dial. For example on the airman watches. it was not easy to make this decision and i have to be strong for all the critic i got. some told me it is impossible to sell watches without logo. airman without logo since 3 years is our best selling modell. what i want to say is that i never know whats happen. and of course i have to take the risc by myself!!, only by myself!!!.
    But i also want to say that i always give new things, new situations the chance to "work" on me.
    with more informations i can change my mind. maybe today, from my todays view(with my available informations i have), i maybe don't like something.
    but maybe with more informations i get every day my feelings can change(sometimes they have to change because the new facts don't allow to follow the actual way) ,

My only wish is that you give the new Logo a chance because believe me: Mr.Esslinger(the man behind steve jobs/apple design in 1982, responsible for the first apple computer and later again responsible for the snow white apple design) and me, we have had realy reasons for the changing of the logo!)
    So for me it is clear that the new logo is like it is and will be like this as long as possible and maybe so long that some new facts maybe enlarge our (my)personal horizont that i feel it is time to change again.
    (like so many big brands did from time to time).

Stowa is small and unknown, but we are lucky to have people and customers around us who realy, resly interested in the brand.

So interested that they spend a lot of their limited time here to discuss and try to keep their watchbrand alive!

Stowa is alive, the new logo doesn't damage anything.

It is a step forward!!

if i don't believe, who else should?

You will see it.

best regards and please remind you that we always will do our best to built one of the best watches in the market.

This is our reputation and this we will keep!

Jörg Schauer
    Designer and CEO of the Stowa brand
    This statement...deserves way more likes! Unfortunately I only have one to give

edit: so I "liked", "Unliked", "liked", "unliked" and "liked" :-D
    Polaroid likes this.
    One watch kinda guy
    "My watch does a lot more than just tell the time...
    it tells a life story..."

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Jorg,

I truly respect your courage, and your "guts" in this change.

I think we all said enough about this. You have been incredibly patient all through this. I tell you: if I was the Stowa head honcho, this thread would have been locked a long time ago!

Stowa is such a fine company, offering fantastic quality in beautiful, original watches, and a great spirit, that a small logo change will certainly not affect its value.

We all know that.
    Last edited by Francois Boucher; June 5th, 2013 at 04:05.
    The Naf, CM HUNTER and jakestyles like this.
    François – Quebec City, QC

Quote Originally Posted by Francois Boucher View Post
    Jorg,

I think we all said enough about this. You have been incredibly patient all through this. I tell you: if I was the Stowa head honcho, this thread would have been locked a long time ago!

Stowa is such a fine company, offering fantastic quality in beautiful, original watches, and a great spirit, that a small logo change will certainly not affect its value.

We all know that.
    Amen!
    ​WATCHES OF ADMIRATION
    A. LANGE & SOHNE HENTSCHEL HAMBURG DAMASKO
    UTS MUNCHEN Glashuette ORIGINAL LEHMANN
    NOMOS GLASHUETTE MORITZ GROSSMANN BENZINGER
    temPtion
    D. DORNBLUETH & SOHNE JUNGHANS

WATCHES CURRENTLY OUT OF THE SAFE IN ROTATION
    DRESS:
    Glashuette Original Senator Observer, JLC MUT
    DIVERS:
    UTS 2000m, Seiko SKX009J
    PILOTS/MILITARY:
    Damasko DS30, Laco Paderborn, Archimede A Dial Flieger, Hamilton Field Khaki, Marathon General Purpose Mechanical,
    Citizen Avion Solar Chronograph
    SPORTS/RACING:
    Muhle 29er Big

24 watches & holding steady.

Quote Originally Posted by Francois Boucher View Post
    Jorg,

We all know that.
    Agreed. Enough has been said. The decision has been made by the only one with any right to make it. The person who has placed Stowa ahead of the brand bearing his own name...the person who gave Stowa life and hope...the person who has taken incredible pains to retain and promote Stowa's proud history through its line of watches...Jorg you are a very patient man and you deserve a whole lot of credit for what you have achieved with the Stowa brand till date. A fine example of a person who lives his crafts as apposed to merely making money through it! Good luck!
    CM HUNTER and jakestyles like this.
    One watch kinda guy
    "My watch does a lot more than just tell the time...
    it tells a life story..."

Thank you Jörg, for your both your open mind and your openness to revealing many of the inner workings and design processes that are too often hidden away.

Even when responses aren't positive, many companies have to pay lots for test markets and usability research. At least here it's free!

I may have expressed dislike for the logo but I will certainly be showing off my new watch for years.

Thanks again Jörg.

Sorry to revisit an old thread, I have only just chanced upon this thread and am really disappointed with the change.

While I respect Stowa's success under jorg's control I am very confused.

The new style certainly suits the sports/tool/diver watches, but for the Antea, Partito and Marine it just seems odd, surely the heritage font/logo should remain of the heritage styles?

Anyway I probably wouldn't buy one of these with the new logo as such does any one have any idea how long the 'old stock' will remain?
    Nomos Orion Weiss
    Rolex Oyster Perpetual- Rhodium
    Tudor Heritage Chronograph
    Damasko DC66
    Damasko DSub1
    Damasko DS30
    Stowa Partitio Black

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jonobailey View Post
    ?...does any one have any idea how long the 'old stock' will remain?
    Only Jörg knows, it is done step by step and the process will take 6 to 12 month but I am sure you read his posts.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

So the TO1 shows the old logo n the dial, so that is what we get?

I really don't care much about logos. If the product is cool and quality, the logo will be seen as cool and quality. Doesn't even matter that much what the logo looks like.

As long as it doesn't change too much. In this case, I like the thinner font. This is more modern. The "S" being bigger in the old logo works great, but not with the actual logo in front of the stowa lettering. It would look very unbalanced.

I personally would have not changed from the tall S. If I must, I'd have reduced it to either the logo part without lettering or just the S from the old logo. But since I am a customer, I'll take whatever the brand gives.

That said, I like the new logo. I also like the old logo. What I really like is NO logo. Alone from the fact that it can start a conversation about the brand.

Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread Information