New STOWA Logo. Official announcement. :-) - Page 15
Like Tree300Likes

Thread: New STOWA Logo. Official announcement. :-)

Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Re: New STOWA Logo. Official announcement. :-)

I think the new logo is good. It defines the brand better. not to mock stowa or anything but the old logo was just the word STOWA with a special "S".
    And every big brand need a symbool that says. "oh" thats stowa.
    I really like the design of the new logo very simple and straightforward.
    And on the black forest flieger the design looks simply stunning , its a tad faded so it isn't in your face all the time. but when you look closely you can clearly see the logo.

Quote Originally Posted by ScreenKiller View Post
    I think the new logo is good. It defines the brand better. not to mock stowa or anything but the old logo was just the word STOWA with a special "S".
    And every big brand need a symbool that says. "oh" thats stowa.
    I really like the design of the new logo very simple and straightforward.
    And on the black forest flieger the design looks simply stunning , its a tad faded so it isn't in your face all the time. but when you look closely you can clearly see the logo.
    My sentiments exactly.

Most companies have an actual logo to go along with their company name. Some of these logos are so iconic, the presence of the actual name of the company is not even necassary. I'm not saying that the Stowa logo would ever get to be that iconic, but at least now it's at the forefront of the companies design, and recognized as part of the brand, instead of taking a backseat.

It's a new time for Stowa. No longer are watches just coming out that are based off of old historic models. If new and updated models can be introduced that takes people out of their usual Stowa comfort zone, then an update to the logo should accompany that as well. It is, and it actually makes sense to me. Stowa shouldn't rely on past designs for their future, they should focus on fresh designs to propel them forward... that includes logo and all.
    ​WATCHES OF ADMIRATION
    A. LANGE & SOHNE HENTSCHEL HAMBURG DAMASKO
    UTS MUNCHEN Glashuette ORIGINAL LEHMANN
    NOMOS GLASHUETTE MORITZ GROSSMANN BENZINGER
    temPtion
    D. DORNBLUETH & SOHNE JUNGHANS

WATCHES CURRENTLY OUT OF THE SAFE IN ROTATION
    DRESS:
    Glashuette Original Senator Observer, JLC MUT
    DIVERS:
    UTS 2000m, Seiko SKX009J
    PILOTS/MILITARY:
    Damasko DS30, Laco Paderborn, Archimede A Dial Flieger, Hamilton Field Khaki, Marathon General Purpose Mechanical,
    Citizen Avion Solar Chronograph
    SPORTS/RACING:
    Muhle 29er Big

24 watches & holding steady.

Sorry but fresh doesn't mean better in my opinion. Miley Cyrus is "fresh" but honestly how many people will be listening to her music 10 years from now whereas you can still hear classics like the Beatles on the radio today. And I still don't understand how a barely visible logo can be considered the forefront of anything.

I am happy that my Antea will be delivered to me with the old and boring non-logo Stowa typeface. I also disagree that a company needs a logo at all on their watch. There is no logo on a Nomos Tangente as far as I can tell and they look perfectly good to me.
    Last edited by chickenlittle; November 9th, 2013 at 19:40.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I don't know why but I'll think she will be around for a while. ;)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

Quote Originally Posted by CM HUNTER View Post
    . Some of these logos are so iconic, the presence of the actual name of the company is not even necassary.
    And many companies have a font to write their name so distinctive that it identifies the brand all by itself. If I showed you the F from Ford, you'd know what it was from, apart from the logo. If I showed you the C from coca cola, the same. Would they dump their font?

But I still insist that a symbol is easier to recognize then a font

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

Well fresh and different is where Stowa is headed, so like it or not, stay tuned. The watches are staying... a fancified S is all that's actually leaving, so not a big deal in the grand scheme of things. The logo is at the forefront because it's actually on the dial instead of being relegated to marketing materials. It's faded out on purpose so the overall design of the watch can take precedence and be appreciated, not the logo of all things.

I can't buy the argument that an actual company logo should take a backseat to an S, even just typing that sounds goofy.

The argument that Nomos looks fine without a logo, is because they never had one to take a backseat in the first place. If they did have one, I'm sure they would respect enough to not just toss it aside. As far as the F for Ford goes, I wouldn't recognize it at all... it's just an F. But you could just show me that iconic blue oval and I'd know what it was in two seconds. A generic fancified S is not that relatable like the distinctive, unique only to Stowa, Walter Storz logo.
    Last edited by CM HUNTER; November 9th, 2013 at 22:46.

I really want to find a way to like the new logo, but I just can’t.

My problem with it is that it is too much of-the-moment. A friend of mine has been working on a clothing label for a number of years, and she has got to the point where she had a logo created for it. She was telling me about the process of working with graphic designers, and everything they recommended to her is consistent with the new Stowa logo. In terms of its basic layout, it also looks pretty much like what the designers came up with for her company. It seems that something distinctive is being traded for something that will soon look generic.

I prefer the old logo much more than the new one. The distinctive S of the old logo will be timeless. The old logo is also way more versatile as it looks good on both the classical and sportier Stowa watches. I think the new logo will look great on the sport watches such as the Prodiver, Seatime, TESTAF, 24 Racing Countdown and GMT Worldtime. Unfortunately, the new logo looks awkward on the classical Stowa models no matter how I look at it.

Name:  1011374_503972666322743_1994013960_n.jpg
Views: 357
Size:  11.4 KBName:  IMG_9909ab.jpg
Views: 384
Size:  87.2 KB

I agree with ScreenKiller and CM HUNTER.

One thing to realize is that when I showed some of my friends pictures to help me decide different Stowa watches, they thought that the watches with the old logo were from the brand "Towa."

I like the old logo and think that it fits very will with the Bauhaus style of the Antea. I think both the old and the new logo fit well with the Partitio, but speak in different ways.

We can argue all we want about how the new logo affects the current watches, but I think many are missing the best part. I think it is quite likely that the logo change is a part of a bigger picture. If Stowa is changing their logo because they are trying to refine their brand, then this can only be interpreted as exciting news. No company can do the exact same thing forever. If Stowa sticks to only doing retro watches, then other companies will start to take away their market share. I am someone who is not only a fan of particular Stowa watches, but also a fan of the company itself.

As a result, when I see things like a new logo, and a new watch with the TESTAF certification, I get excited. I am very interested to see what Stowa will have in the next few years as I think there may be some very interesting new models. I just hope that they do not eliminate some of their models, as I need to save up some more before acquiring my next Stowa :)

Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread Information