New STOWA Logo. Official announcement. :-) - Page 16
Like Tree300Likes

Thread: New STOWA Logo. Official announcement. :-)

Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Re: New STOWA Logo. Official announcement. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by ScreenKiller View Post
    But I still insist that a symbol is easier to recognize then a font
    Not when it's a complex symbol that is 2mm high.

Smile Re: New STOWA Logo. Official announcement. :-)

I respect Jorg's opinion on his logo after all, he is the one with the final say and he knows far more about the watch business than I will ever know.

That being said, I find that I have a visceral attraction to the old logo that I can't quite explain. It can't be the long history of the logo as, I've just discovered the Stowa brand just a few short months ago.

With that in mind, I have decided to purchase a Stowa Antea 365 while they are still available with the old logo

I would be curious to know how many people cancelled their outstanding order (old logo) or postponed their purchase knowing the new logo is coming. That versus the number of people who hastened their purchase before the old logo is gone from their desired model. I'm in the latter camp.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by makoto View Post

As a result, when I see things like a new logo, and a new watch with the TESTAF certification, I get excited. I am very interested to see what Stowa will have in the next few years as I think there may be some very interesting new models. I just hope that they do not eliminate some of their models, as I need to save up some more before acquiring my next Stowa :)
    Yea, but the TO1 has the old logo. Timing could have been better there... ;)

The new "based on TO1" 24h and GMTs have the new logo.

Will the upcoming "TO2" TESTAF Chronograph have the old or the new logo? Or will there be an updated TO1 with the new logo? Very confusing. For a German company, pretty chaotic... :)
    Last edited by ev13wt; November 10th, 2013 at 15:51.

Quote Originally Posted by ev13wt View Post
    Yea, but the TO1 has the old logo. Timing could have been better there... ;)

The new "based on TO1" 24h and GMTs have the new logo.

Will the upcoming "TO2" TESTAF Chronograph have the old or the new logo? Or will there be an updated TO1 with the new logo? Very confusing. For a German company, pretty chaotic... :)
    I don't see any confusion at all. It's been clearly stated that every Stowa model, both historic designs and fresh from the mind of Jorge designs, will get the new logo. (Doesn't fresh from the mind of Jorge designs sound exciting, can't wait).

The Testaf is simply the first model in the Stowa line up that is not at all based off of an old Stowa model. It's on a whole new level for a pilot watch for Stowa, as stated by the company, and is obvious by its specs. I think coming up with this model, and thinking about future models for the brand, is what initially triggered the idea for a fresh new direction for the logo as well. Hence the timing and why the first Testaf has the old logo... it most assuredly won't keep it.
    ev13wt likes this.
    ​WATCHES OF ADMIRATION
    A. LANGE & SOHNE HENTSCHEL HAMBURG DAMASKO
    UTS MUNCHEN Glashuette ORIGINAL LEHMANN
    NOMOS GLASHUETTE MORITZ GROSSMANN BENZINGER
    temPtion
    D. DORNBLUETH & SOHNE JUNGHANS

WATCHES CURRENTLY OUT OF THE SAFE IN ROTATION
    DRESS:
    Glashuette Original Senator Observer, JLC MUT
    DIVERS:
    UTS 2000m, Seiko SKX009J
    PILOTS/MILITARY:
    Damasko DS30, Laco Paderborn, Archimede A Dial Flieger, Hamilton Field Khaki, Marathon General Purpose Mechanical,
    Citizen Avion Solar Chronograph
    SPORTS/RACING:
    Muhle 29er Big

24 watches & holding steady.

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ev13wt View Post
    Yea, but the TO1 has the old logo.
    Right, as already drafted in April 2013.
    ev13wt likes this.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Sponsor / Moderator

Hello everybody,

just came along to this thread and i can give you some new infos after we launched the new logo a few months ago.

1. Testaf watch was already in the pipeline and parts (especially the dial) has been under production when we launched the new Logo.

2. All in all we have still a increasing in selling's, every months in the relation to last years months (since many years).

The result is that after launching the new Logo nothing happened negative ;)
    (thanks for this, al the things we do are based on personal feelings and you never know if you found the right way or not, it doesn´t matter if you stand completely behind a decision or not. Sometimes the reality shows you if it was good or not, in this case my feeling was right)

3. Especially the Antea 390 with new Logo is ordered more than before, maybe it belongs to the new movement A10 (i realy don´t know).

4. Also the new Marine Automatic in silver and with the new Logo is ordered like always or more.
    (this watch also contains the new Soprod A10 movement)

5. Of course all new modells and the next series of the older modells will have the new Logo.

For me, as i look on it every day many many times it is realy nice and i am happy to did the decision to relaunch the good old STOWA Logo to the new look.

But i completely understand the people who still need a bit time to accept the new Logo, we hope they will do in the future.

Have a look at the new Logo on the Antea 390 and Marine Automatic, it is well integrated and printed in grey, i think this is realy nice and fits the modells perfect.

Best regards

Jörg Schauer
    freight dog and ev13wt like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jörg Schauer View Post
    Have a look at the new Logo on the Antea 390 and Marine Automatic, it is well integrated and printed in grey, i think this is realy nice and fits the modells perfect.
    I'm so glad I already own an Antea 390... anyway the watch is so nice it will be easy to sell despite the new logo
    Watches are fun IF you don't take them seriously.
    Too many watches for my signature... this is my SOTC thread on f71

Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    I'm so glad I already own an Antea 390... anyway the watch is so nice it will be easy to sell despite the new logo
    Or because of it. Like the owner stated, overall sales are the same or better than they were for certain models after the logo change. Regardless of an improved movement, people wouldn't buy the watch if they were that offended by a logo. Obviously more could care less about a logo change than those that do. Good to see as Stowas future rides on it and at the end of the day, regardless of personal opinions, that's what really matters. Looks like Stowas future is as bright as ever.
    Last edited by CM HUNTER; November 11th, 2013 at 01:08.
    makoto likes this.

Just curious, if I ordered a new Antea KS (35.5mm) from Stowa today, would it come with the new logo or the old logo? Would it still come with the 7001?

Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread Information