New STOWA Logo. Official announcement. :-) - Page 17
Like Tree300Likes

Thread: New STOWA Logo. Official announcement. :-)

Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast
    Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Re: New STOWA Logo. Official announcement. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by pwr2blv View Post
    Just curious, if I ordered a new Antea KS (35.5mm) from Stowa today, would it come with the new logo or the old logo? Would it still come with the 7001?
    I'd email Stowa. The KS comes woth the 7001, currently there is no other option.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Quote Originally Posted by pwr2blv View Post
    Just curious, if I ordered a new Antea KS (35.5mm) from Stowa today, would it come with the new logo or the old logo?
    I emailed Stowa about this when I ordered my KS back in July. I was told by Stowa that you get the watch as it is described and pictured on the website. So if the store shows the old logo you will get the old logo. However, perhaps their intentions have changed so you should email them to be sure.

Great info, thanks! I did send an email to Stowa, if there is any difference in response I will be sure to pass it along.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Ok so let me get this right..on the dial the new logo will be Stowa with watches made in Germany since 1927 written underneath...surely not?...that could possibly be a deal breaker for me, With a beautiful dial on the M/O this would totally spoil it...arghhh why fix something that aint broke?

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shoelover View Post
    Ok so let me get this right..on the dial the new logo will be Stowa with watches made in Germany since 1927 written underneath...surely not?...that could possibly be a deal breaker for me, With a beautiful dial on the M/O this would totally spoil it...arghhh why fix something that aint broke?
    Look at the pics on the Stowa website and you are in the know.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Quote Originally Posted by shoelover View Post
    Look at the actual watches with the new logo, not the logo used for the website... of course Made In Germany Since 1927 will not be on the dial.

So, all that is happening is the swapping out of a stylized S for the Walter Storz exclusive logo and making the S match the rest of the text that has always been there. Nothing dramatic at all. And the logo is done in a low key grey so that beautiful dial design can take precedence.
    Last edited by CM HUNTER; December 9th, 2013 at 20:14.

I ordered a Stowa back in march I think it arrived about October. It had the old logo on it so I shouldn't worry about it.

I doubt there has been any significant drop in sales due to the new logo. New customers will probably not notice any significant differance.

I remember a few years back watch forums were full of Stowa watches now it seems to be mostly high end stuff (IWC, Rolex) and cheap diver watches.

Well, this thread was an interesting read. Certainly a passionate lot. While I'm happy that my recently ordered Antea KS will sport the older style logo due to it's historically derived face, I have to say I enjoy the new logo. It speaks to a forward looking attitude for the new Stowa and it's cleaner, more up-to-date design should appeal to younger buyers.

Frankly I feel the new logo appears more "German" (at least the modern Germany), which is a nice way to set Stowa watches apart from their European and Asian competitors and emphasize the country of origin.

My personal preference is for the old logo, especially for the more classic designs. Ultimately, though, I doubt this change will result in any discernible difference in sales. Sales might go up or down, but I suspect that will have more do with the price/performance ratio relative to the competition than anything else.

In my case, I'm just happy I placed my order when I did (Antea 365). I prefer the Soprod A 10 over the ETA 2824, and yet I like the older logo best for this model. I wonder how many Antea's will ship with this configuration? Historically speaking, it has a certain crossover appeal.

Has anyone received a Stowa with the new logo on it yet? I only see a few models on the website with the new logo, and I'm expecting the MO I ordered last week to have the old logo per the website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Omega Speedmaster Professional 3573.50
    Tag Heuer Carrera WV211
    Orient Ray

Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast

Thread Information