New STOWA Logo. Official announcement. :-) - Page 18
Like Tree300Likes

Thread: New STOWA Logo. Official announcement. :-)

Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast

Re: New STOWA Logo. Official announcement. :-)

If the watch you ordered shows the old logo then you will get the old logo. They have only moved to the new logo for a few models so far.
    Stowa Antea KS silver
    Stowa Flieger without logo
    Seiko SNP007 Kinetic Perpetual (Gone)

To me the "s" from the old logo says elegant, yet powerful. Which describes many things German, to me. I'm not too hot on the new one. I'm waiting on a PD to ship soon, the pics on their website shows the old s still so I'll get that I'd assume, but maybe jorg has been reading these comments because it does seem like it's taking an awfully long time to make the switch. I didnt see many new logos in the pics and it's been 10 months since this announcement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe it was all just an elaborate marketing ruse, to get us all to rush and buy all the watch models with the beloved old logo
    ev13wt likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Bijick View Post
    ...but maybe jorg has been reading these comments because it does seem like it's taking an awfully long time to make the switch. I didnt see many new logos in the pics and it's been 10 months since this announcement.
    Quote Originally Posted by flappylove View Post
    Maybe it was all just an elaborate marketing ruse, to get us all to rush and buy all the watch models with the beloved old logo

Or maybe it was explained in Jörg's original post :).

I can only imagine the logistics involved with changing over every single dial in their lineup. Not only do they have to plan orders for the new models, they must also account for all of the previous orders, as well as any orders that came in from the time they made the announcement until the time they officially change over.

I am a fan of the old font with the stylized "S" but I can see why Stowa as a brand would want to move forward with a new logo, particularly with new models such as the TESTAF in the lineup. I am also hopeful that a further evolution will happen where the logo is located above the STOWA. Only time will tell. Until then, I will continue to enjoy the Stowas I have with the old logo and look forward to receiving Stowas with the new logo (I already have one on order and I think it will look great with the new logo).

Quote Originally Posted by Jörg Schauer View Post

Of course we will add this new Logo step by step to all watch models.

But this procedure will need appr. 6 - 12 months.

Right now we can't exactly determine the date all modells will be available with the new Logo.
    This depends on the orderquantitie and the suppliers possibilities and the movement situation.

Different reasons cause this situation:
    1 - at the moment we have no possibility to know which and how many movements we will get
    from ETA and other suppliers in 2014 .
    (We already have ideas and wishes but no confirmations from movementsuppliers.)

2 - we don't know exactly how long we have to work with the old Logo dials we have in stock, this depends
    of course on how much our customers will order. (For each single watch this will be different!)

3 - we already have long term orders for dials under way and we have to wait which dials could be changed to the new logo.
    This also depends on our suppliers.
    -Brian

Watch Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyb View Post
    Or maybe it was explained in Jörg's original post :).
    Well I know he reads this forum often and takes note, all I was saying was that he may be taking peoples' criticisms into consideration. He gave a very loose 6-12 month estimate but after 10 months there hasn't been as many watches with the new logo.

It just seems to me that such a proven customer oriented CEO would take into account the feedback of his customers in this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New models means a new direction, hence the new logo. Therefore, the decision to do it isn't going to change, but people's feelings about it undoubtedly will.

Your point about the new logo suiting the many of the new models is good. However, I think many of us here just don’t see the new logo as being in accord with the aesthetic of Stowa’s more traditional offerings.

Large clothing companies will often offer multiple lines, and sometimes the logos for these lines will be different. What I would love to see Stowa do is to use the new logo for watches like the TESTAF, Prodiver and anything similar that may be in the pipeline. If the company designated, say, a heritage line for the more traditional models (including the Antea, Marine, 1938, Partito and Flieger), and either offered them with the older logo or just made it available as a special order, I think everyone would be happy.

Whether something like this would be possible for a small company is another question.

Quote Originally Posted by CM HUNTER View Post
    New models means a new direction, hence the new logo. Therefore, the decision to do it isn't going to change, but people's feelings about it undoubtedly will.
    A move to new models/new direction could be more of a turn-off and a bigger problem than the new logo, if Stowa move more to the big garish (e.g. prodiver style) watches that so many other brands already churn out.

Quote Originally Posted by flappylove View Post
    A move to new models/new direction could be more of a turn-off and a bigger problem than the new logo, if Stowa move more to the big garish (e.g. prodiver style) watches that so many other brands already churn out.
    New models include the chronographs and all of the Testaf models. Don't see those as fitting into what you state. The Testaf is large, but it's also made of Titanium and purposefully built, with a certification that proves as much.

Can't really see Jorge going into that direction, but who knows? Just like a 40mm pilot is too small for some peoples liking, maybe some new Stowa models won't be for everybody.
    ​WATCHES OF ADMIRATION
    A. LANGE & SOHNE HENTSCHEL HAMBURG DAMASKO
    UTS MUNCHEN Glashuette ORIGINAL LEHMANN
    NOMOS GLASHUETTE MORITZ GROSSMANN BENZINGER
    temPtion
    D. DORNBLUETH & SOHNE JUNGHANS

WATCHES CURRENTLY OUT OF THE SAFE IN ROTATION
    DRESS:
    Glashuette Original Senator Observer, JLC MUT
    DIVERS:
    UTS 2000m, Seiko SKX009J
    PILOTS/MILITARY:
    Damasko DS30, Laco Paderborn, Archimede A Dial Flieger, Hamilton Field Khaki, Marathon General Purpose Mechanical,
    Citizen Avion Solar Chronograph
    SPORTS/RACING:
    Muhle 29er Big

24 watches & holding steady.

Quote Originally Posted by CM HUNTER View Post
    New models include the chronographs and all of the Testaf models. Don't see those as fitting into what you state. The Testaf is large, but it's also made of Titanium and purposefully built, with a certification that proves as much.

Can't really see Jorge going into that direction, but who knows? Just like a 40mm pilot is too small for some peoples liking, maybe some new Stowa models won't be for everybody.
    I agree, and i'm not suggesting he would go in the direction.
    I was just making the point that a new direction would do more harm to a brands identity than a new logo would.
    The way Stowa designs its models to compliment its history creates just as strong a link to the brands history as the logo does.

Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast

Thread Information