New STOWA Logo. Official announcement. :-) - Page 21
Like Tree300Likes

Thread: New STOWA Logo. Official announcement. :-)

Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast
    dcg

Re: New STOWA Logo. Official announcement. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by enyn90 View Post
    I feel you, the marine is one of the model that looks much better with the old logo.
    I very much agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Zinzan View Post
    That would certainly be disappointing. I'm sure you sent them a note right away? Let us know how they handle it--I think it almost definitely will be resolved to your satisfaction, one way or another.
    I did; I received a response that they are closed for a holiday today, and operating with a smaller crew tomorrow, so it may be Monday before I hear back.

My watch had been delayed for a couple of weeks (which I understand; things happen), but to open the box and see the wrong logo was a major disappointment after all the anticipation.

Hmmm... I guess you probably ought to keep it untouched/unworn in hopes that they have one they can swap out with you.

Hardly a mistake of the same magnitude but my new Flieger arrived today...with the wrong strap! Oops. I'm sure that mistake will be corrected; hope yours is, too, because I'm with you on the logo preference.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I own one Stowa: Flieger, no logo or date. I wish Stowa would make more models with the sterile dials, especially the Marine watches. That was going to be my next purchase, and I will probably still buy one, but the old logo is sexy. The new one, a bit cluttered for my sensibilities.

I can understand both sides of the logo debate. I agree with the old logo for classic watches argument and new logo for new watch designs. I also agree with those who have said that the new logo W symbol right next to the new STOWA word font is a bit much. Separating them somehow would be preferential to me. But then again, I prefer a sterile dial, so a no logo offering for each model would be ideal.

As a major Stowa fan I agee that the new logo just isn't as fit as the old one for the classic lines.. I like the new logo but on the classic flieger and especially on the marine models it does not sit right. I really love the new logo on the more modern designs and IMO Stowa would ideally keep the old loga on the classic designs and the updated logo on the modern watches.

gr, HJR
    Peter Atwood likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by H_J_R_ View Post
    As a major Stowa fan I agee that the new logo just isn't as fit as the old one for the classic lines.. I like the new logo but on the classic flieger and especially on the marine models it does not sit right. I really love the new logo on the more modern designs and IMO Stowa would ideally keep the old loga on the classic designs and the updated logo on the modern watches.

gr, HJR
    Flieger shouldnt have logo. Period.

Marine, yup.

LH2

Took delivery of a new flieger with logo this week with the handmade German silver rotor... The logo is very subtle, and not nearly as visible as it appears in website photos. Basically, the logo model looks like a no-logo under most lighting conditions at a typical viewing distance.
    hidden830726 and Zinzan like this.
    Archimede | Damasko | Defakto | Fortis | Glycine | Hamilton | Junghans | Laco | Limes | Oris | Sinn | Stowa | Tutima

Quote Originally Posted by LH2 View Post
    Took delivery of a new flieger with logo this week with the handmade German silver rotor... The logo is very subtle, and not nearly as visible as it appears in website photos. Basically, the logo model looks like a no-logo under most lighting conditions at a typical viewing distance.
    Ok)-|, that sounds right

agree, but it depends whether the printing of the dial is done in-house or not.

anyway anyone knows how much work of a stowa watch is done in-house?

Quote Originally Posted by H_J_R_ View Post

gr, HJR

Quote Originally Posted by LH2 View Post
    Pics?

Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast

Thread Information