New STOWA Logo. Official announcement. :-) - Page 4
Like Tree300Likes

Thread: New STOWA Logo. Official announcement. :-)

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Re: New STOWA Logo. Official announcement. :-)

Hi Jorg

I have loved your designs and creations since I started buying watches. The simple clean looks, sans serif fonts, well thought dials with matching date wheel usually at 6oclock, no number/markers "cut away", etc. These are the things that Stowa fans love and appreciate.

But the new logo looks to be opposite of the design cues you and Stowa have stood for. This is most puzzling. Do you really feel that the new logo is right and looks better?

I can only hope that the logo is not phased out completely.
    Kronprinz likes this.

Often I think people on watch forums overreact to the tiniest little details. Not this time.

The old Stowa logo is so distinctive and beautiful, I can say that it was a large part of both my initial and continuing attraction to the brand.

My first Stowa is due to be shipped in a few weeks, and I can say with 100% certainty that if it was coming with the new logo I would cancel the order.

Is it too much to ask to have the modern design only on modern watch styles? Or just continue with the old version! Unlike the new one, it could go with anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxon007 View Post
    I've been on the fence for a year about buying an MO. This pushed me over the edge - I want my MO to have the same logo the original deck watches had 70 years ago. So I just ordered one.

I think the new logo is nice but I am a prisoner of tradition and much prefer the original logo.
    That makes two of us! Between the new logo and price increase I decided to order a MO Roman today!
    Always wanted to get an MO Roman with the Unitas movement! But I already have an Antea KS on order.
    I was going to wait till next year to get an MO but,
    oh well, better sooner then later. You never know, the old logo versions may become more of a collectible in the future.
    Omega Speedmaster Professional, 3570.5....!
    The one and only MoonWatch!!
    Omega 2220.8 SMP Luv it!
    MM300, Iconic Seiko Diver
    Doxa 1200t Pro Luv it!!!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Re: Never change a winning Logo?

Quote Originally Posted by Francois Boucher View Post
    This picture has me feeling like it must be April Fool's day. If it weren't coming straight from Jörg I would not believe Stowa would switch to that characterless design.

Quote Originally Posted by Jörg Schauer View Post
    ** Maybe it can be possible in the future to change the old Logo dial during a service into the new Logo dial, this is always worth a question or discussion.
    I wouldn't worry much about this part, I can't imagine anyone is going to want to have it done.
    Kronprinz likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by CM HUNTER View Post
    I understand changing the logo for the reason of moving ahead in the future with new designs. Up until now, except for the new TESTAF and 24hr and GMT models, ALMOST every single watch Stowa put out was based on historical models in some way (even the chronographs were based off of marine, pilot, and pocket watches). So having a new logo for the new design direction I can understand.... but to throw away the original logo altogether I can't understand.

Keep the classic logo for the historically based models and use the new logo for the "new direction" models. The older ones don't change at all, just keep doing what you've been doing. The new logo goes on the obviously larger dials. Easy to keep up with and both the future and past are cohesive.
    Agree with this. The new Flieger would be cool with the new logo, but the "classic" older models should keep the old design.
    Kronprinz likes this.

I first thought people were over reacting but the side by side picture makes me dislike the new logo as well. I like the idea of the thinner movement but the new logo may push me to a used special edition Antea.
    Kronprinz likes this.
    Stowa Antea KS silver
    Stowa Flieger without logo
    Seiko SNP007 Kinetic Perpetual (Gone)

Quote Originally Posted by some.idiot View Post
    Agree with this. The new Flieger would be cool with the new logo, but the "classic" older models should keep the old design.
    I also agree with Hunter's suggestion to split the logos according to new design vs classic. But I don't think I care nearly as much as most of the people posting in this thread. The logo change won't effect my current or future buying decisions in any way.
    Wrist.................................................. ......Pocket
    Stowa Flieger TESTAF (on order).............. Elgin A-8 "jitterbug"
    Marathon SAR (2006) w/ US bracelet....... Russian sonar timer
    Citizen Nighthawk PVD............................. Jaeger tachometer
    Invicta 89260B.........................................
    Jacques Lemans - Geneve JL 1-1207B
    Hamilton W10 Broad Arrow
    Skagen Slimline Titanium

i think this is a great move Jorg. wasn't a big fan of the old design. it was too old school. like the updated design.

I, too, like the old logo better. Given a preference, I'd purchase Stowa watches with the old logo. I suspect there'll be an uptick in demand in the old logo watches.

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information