New STOWA Logo. Official announcement. :-) - Page 7
Like Tree300Likes

Thread: New STOWA Logo. Official announcement. :-)

Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Re: New STOWA Logo. Official announcement. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
    So then explain why one would seek to change a logo if 60% don't notice and 20% don't like it. So your basing a logo change on a 20% minority. What's the point then?
    I said 60% hardly notice or care -- I did not say that it was pointless. People respond to subtle changes in design without recognizing that they are effected. Coke has updated their typography many, many times. Facebook updated their logo recently as well -- from what I've read on the subject the vast majority of users have not noticed. Design is often an endless cycle of refinement and evolution. Car manufacturers often make relatively small tweaks to a model for new year -- changes that most people will not recognize -- the change may be for production reasons, cost efficiency, aesthetic reasons...

Changing the logo on a watch seems more akin to changing the formula to New Coke in my opinion, rather than simply changing typography on a soda can.

By the look of things, there seem to be a majority support for the old logo.
    I'm just glad my flieger's on the old logo. So YAY, increased value.
    ROLEX Datejust 36mm Blueberry;
    ROLEX Pepsi GMT-Master 16700 (Circa 1987);
    ZENITH El Primero 36'000 VPH Tri-Color;
    SEIKO Prospex Solar Tuna SBDN026 (1981/3000)

Considerations:
    AUDEMARS PIGUET Royal Oak 15450
    A.LANGE & SOHNE Saxonia Thin 37mm

Instagram: Horodiziac

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by chickenlittle View Post
    Changing the logo on a watch seems more akin to changing the formula to New Coke in my opinion, rather than simply changing typography on a soda can.
    Your opinion is as valid as mine -- I'm not arguing with you -- I just don't see how this represents Stowa "changing its formula."

Name:  Stowa_script.jpg
Views: 1390
Size:  412.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by eliz View Post
    By the look of things, there seem to be a majority support for the old logo.
    I'm just glad my flieger's on the old logo. So YAY, increased value.
    I've owned a particular model of car for over 20 years. There are minor updates most years and major updates less frequently. Every change has been generally met with criticism -- "the new grill ruins the car! the new wheels are ugly! I prefer the old door pulls!" So it goes until the next change when people say they prefer an earlier version. Just an observation.

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 92degrees View Post
    Name:  Stowa_script.jpg
Views: 1390
Size:  412.2 KB
    "Better" (sometimes) is the enemy of "good". Not always just a saying. Just saying.
    Francois Boucher likes this.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

I am totally against the new logo on older models! I'll take this "logo" may be only at the new models, but with great regret ...
    "Unsere Wünsche sind Vorgefühle der Fähigkeiten, die in uns liegen, Vorboten desjenigen, was wir zu leisten imstande sein werden." (C) Goethe

I said 60% hardly notice or care -- I did not say that it was pointless. People respond to subtle changes in design without recognizing that they are effected. Coke has updated their typography many, many times. Facebook updated their logo recently as well -- from what I've read on the subject the vast majority of users have not noticed. Design is often an endless cycle of refinement and evolution. Car manufacturers often make relatively small tweaks to a model for new year -- changes that most people will not recognize -- the change may be for production reasons, cost efficiency, aesthetic reasons...
    I didn't claim that you said it was pointless. I asked you what is the point of changing a logo if 60% don't see the change, 20% don't like it. My bigger question is WHY the change. It's my understanding (or more about how I see it as a consumer) that most companies change a logo to coincide with a change in the company. Or to distance themselves from problems of the past. I.E. New ownership that fixes a products real or perceived problem area, Emergence from bankruptcy, Reviving a name from a no longer existing company.

Facebook? Who cares. It a free internet site. Same with Google. Also. Who cares about cheap consumable products. In the arena of cheap consumer products a logo change is more about getting noticed amongst the sea of other logos on the store shelf. I wouldn't think that would apply to Stowa. As chickenlittle points out. Coke tried to foist a new formula on the public. How did that work out?

As per the poster pointing out a subtle change in the angle of the stylized S as a logo change. Nice try.
    Francois Boucher likes this.

Your opinion is as valid as mine -- I'm not arguing with you -- I just don't see how this represents Stowa "changing its formula."
    I buy a watch for its look. I buy a soft drink for its taste. Hence why I used this analogy. Not that I'm saying that New Coke was a bad idea...LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
    As per the poster pointing out a subtle change in the angle of the stylized S as a logo change. Nice try.
    I was trying to find the right words… you did.
    François – Quebec City, QC

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NikAlex View Post
    I am totally against the new logo on older models! I'll take this "logo" may be only at the new models, but with great regret ...
    It's time now to order an old logo, go hurry up. That's what I am going to do. Not decided on the model yet.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information