New sub-forum for trading pre-owned Stowa watches

Thread: New sub-forum for trading pre-owned Stowa watches

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New sub-forum for trading pre-owned Stowa watches

I had a thought the other day that it would be nice to have a sub-forum here for posting Stowa watches for sale, and also to post looking for specific models.

I would personally prefer to buy from (and sell to) people that participate in the Stowa community and share my enthusiasm for the brand.

Any thoughts?

Re: New sub-forum for trading pre-owned Stowa watches

The Sales Corner does a good job. Just type 'Stowa' into the search box and you've converted it into a Stowa Sales Corner.

WUS is one community, not several, and that is its strength.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    The Sales Corner does a good job. Just type 'Stowa' into the search box and you've converted it into a Stowa Sales Corner.

WUS is one community, not several, and that is its strength.
    I take your point, but a dedicated forum could serve the Stowa community better possibly. I personally don't use the WUS sales forum, so can't comment on its effectiveness one way or the other.

Hypothetically, is a Stowa sales sub-forum an option if there is positive feedback for the idea, or is it something that just won't happen irrespective of the support for the idea amongst the members here?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I would love a stowa sales-corner
    You`re interested in stopwatches? Please visit
    http://stopwatches.forum24.se

stuffler,mike

I don't want to cut things short but the structure here on WUS is tried and tested.
    We once decided not to have WTS or WTB posts in our regular fora, nor do we want to have a sub-forum here on the Official Jörg Schauer & Stowa Forum. If we start a thing like that here other forum members would ask for a similar solution on their "home forum". We'd like to keep the WUS menue as simple and neat as possible.

I'm in favor of a dedicated trade corner. I dont' want to scan hundreds of other offers in search for a Stowa or Schauer. I have the impression to have missed one or two nice watches just because I did not look every other day into the crowded trade area.

Regarding the tried and tested existing structure: Why the hell does nobody use the image gallery and everybody posts the pictures of his new watch in the main forum without anyone moving them to the "right" location...
    So to make things short: better integrate subforums that nobody uses (or promote them by moving topics) into the main structure and therefore add subforums that would make sense as a dedicated trade corner.

Just my $0.02
    Last edited by powermaxi2000; August 26th, 2008 at 19:59.

Quote Originally Posted by powermaxi2000 View Post
    I'm in favor of a dedicated trade corner. I dont' want to scan hundreds of other offers in search for a Stowa or Schauer. I have the impression to have missed one or two nice watches just because I did not look every other day into the crowded trade area.
    If you search 'Stowa' it's not crowded, it's just Stowa.

And if you advertised a watch for sale on a 'Stowa Sales Corner' you might miss any number of potential buyers who don't look every other day into the Stowa forum.

As has been said, things work well as they are, and change is not on the horizon.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    And if you advertised a watch for sale on a 'Stowa Sales Corner' you might miss any number of potential buyers who don't look every other day into the Stowa forum.
    I guess the point, for me anyway, is if I'm looking to sell (or buy) a Stowa watch, I would prefer that the transaction be with someone here who is active in the Stowa community.

Guess you'll just have to do a search of any potential purchasers/sellers and their posts if you don't recognize them as being active on this site. A bit of a pain, but do-able.
    Last edited by redbike; August 27th, 2008 at 02:07. Reason: accuracy
    Casio: PAW1300-1V
    Nomos: Tangomat (Zeta), Tetra Large (Alpha)
    Rolex: Air King (ca. 1982), Cellini (c.a. 1980)
    Seiko: SNM009 White Samurai, SKX781 Orange Monster, SBDC003 Blue Sumo, SBDC005 Orange Sumo,SNKF07 "BFS", SKX007, 6306 - 7001, 6105 - 8119, 6309 - 7040, SBDX001 Marine Master 300,KS 5625-7040 Hi-Beat Chronometer, SPB015J1 Double Retrograde
    Stowa: Marine Original (Serial), Fleiger Original (Serial)
    Tutima: F2 PR

stuffler,mike

Quote Originally Posted by powermaxi2000 View Post

Regarding the tried and tested existing structure: Why the hell does nobody use the image gallery and everybody posts the pictures of his new watch in the main forum without anyone moving them to the "right" location...
    So to make things short: better integrate subforums that nobody uses (or promote them by moving topics) into the main structure and therefore add subforums that would make sense as a dedicated trade corner.

Just my $0.02
    Well, using the search function just typing Stowa would solve the problem.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information