Newbie question on replacing Stowa strap

Thread: Newbie question on replacing Stowa strap

Newbie question on replacing Stowa strap

OK... i know this is going to sound dumb, but im not sure what i need to do to replace the strap on my Stowa?

I cant check the actual watch yet (its a Flieger Auto and is still awaiting delivery) but i got a new strap arrive from Simply Straps. However, the strap - a Di Modell Chronissimo - doesnt seem to have any metal bars to attach it to the watch? Or does a stowa have separate metal bars?

Any advice much appreciated for a very dumb questioner! (in my defence, its my first "proper" watch...)

Meles

Re: Newbie question on replacing Stowa strap

There will be metal bars (spring bars) already in the Stowa strap, nothing to stop you pushing them out and reusing them. You'll need some kind of spring bar tool to do the change.

Your user name seems familiar from elsewhere, I think?
    Last edited by Dave E; May 20th, 2008 at 14:41.
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

I assume you meant spring bar, when you said metal bar. Don't worry, you can use the attached spring bar from your Stowa for your new Di Model strap

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

stuffler,mike

Here´s a helpful manual how to : http://www.pmwf.com/Watches/WatchSch...rBracelets.htm

As a newbie you should be very carful in order not to slip down to the case with your tool and scratch the case.

Cheers guys.. thats great. I just wasnt sure if some spring bars were missing from the strap supplied or if i needed to buy them separately. Seems like this isnt a problem.

Dont worry - im not going to try it myself... already decided that i'll pay for a watchmaker to change it. Worth the hassle - and painful thought of scratching my Stowa after waiting so long in anticipation for it!

Much appreciated your help. Thanks

Meles

Thread Information