Newly Arrived: Prodiver--Rhodium Dial/Orange Hands

Thread: Newly Arrived: Prodiver--Rhodium Dial/Orange Hands

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Newly Arrived: Prodiver--Rhodium Dial/Orange Hands

Just arrived this morning. I have had a passion for Fricker-cased divers over the last several months, and suddenly couldn't pass up a Prodiver. You just don't see a genuine German diver packed with so many features for such an affordable price.

My first impression...........Honestly, I didn't care for it. Over the course of the day, it has grown on me. However, I haven't sized it yet. I remain on the fence about keeping it, and am really searching for some support to convince me to keep it. I absolutely think the dial color and lume are STUNNING. The case shape is a little different, but that shouldn't be a stretch since I have so many Doxas.

Is there any way that some of you guys could post some Prodiver pics with different bezel colors?? That is one of the reasons that I finally decided to try the Prodiver, since there are several different bezel options out there.

I am going to take some pics of it tomorrow, and post them...........so sorry for the absence of pictures.:oops:

BTW, this is my first post over here on the Stowa Forum
    Best Regards,
    Jason

Re: Newly Arrived: Prodiver--Rhodium Dial/Orange Hands

Jason,

My advice, KEEP IT!

I have owned the limette green one, the same rhodium/orange that you have and a rhodium/black which I currently still have. I also just added a white dialed one with black hands to my collection yesterday so now I have two. I'm planning to keep them both and might add another one if the right deal comes up.

IMO the Prodiver is a tremendous value. Obviously the construction is top notch. Typical Stowa quality throughout and the design of the dial is superb. Like you said, the lume is phenomenal. The only beef I ever have is the case shape which is a little funky. Sometimes it bugs me and sometimes I'm good with it. But you can't argue that overall the watch is just fantastic.

So, I would keep it. Take it off the bracelet and put it on a nice leather strap or a rubber diver strap. It will grow on you but you have to wear it to really appreciate it. I like mine best on leather as the lug to lug length is pretty long and so the watch for me and my skinny wrist tends to flop when it's on the bracelet.

Rotating on my wrist this month: Stowa Blue WatchTime Flieger, Sinn EZM9, Sinn T1, Sinn 556 Blue, Stowa Antea LE Polish Forums, Stowa Verus 40, Damasko DS30 greenie, Sinn U1, Stowa Antea Klassik KS Rose, Nomos Tangente Silvercut

I used to own this one:

Now I own these two:

On carbon fiber and brown leather:

Last edited by Peter Atwood; May 23rd, 2008 at 13:26.
    Rotating on my wrist this month: Stowa Blue WatchTime Flieger, Sinn EZM9, Sinn T1, Sinn 556 Blue, Stowa Antea LE Polish Forums, Stowa Verus 40, Damasko DS30 greenie, Sinn U1, Stowa Antea Klassik KS Rose, Nomos Tangente Silvercut

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

JHM

OK, my picture may convince you to keep it

all the best

Jan

Thanks guys, definitely helping.

Peter, your first picture is one of the pics that pushed me over the edge. I saw that posted on one of the daily wrist checks over on DWF, and WHAMO!! I can't get the watch out of my mind.
    Best Regards,
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by JHM View Post
    OK, my picture may convince you to keep it

all the best

Jan
    Best Regards,
    Jason

decided it was time to bring this watch alive. It is very comfortable, and I really am starting to warm to it.

Best Regards,
    Jason

Looks nice! Definitely try it on leather too. Really changes the whole look and feel.

JHM

Good decision! Enjoy it!

all the best

Jan

Mine isnt the Rhodium dial version but i love my Prodiver,the minute i saw the pic on the Stowa site i just knew i had to have one and like you say Jason "you just dont see a genuine German diver packed with so many features for such an affordable price". I aim to put the plain bezel on mine at some point. Ime sure you will grow to love it. Andy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information