No date Marine automatic

Thread: No date Marine automatic

No date Marine automatic

Hello

I have seen some marine automatic with the no date option dial. Were they a special edition?

Re: No date Marine automatic

No they were not, but are not in production any longer.
    You`re interested in stopwatches? Please visit
    http://stopwatches.forum24.se

stuffler,mike

Since 2002 there have been some different models of the Marine. Even a “Marine Damen” (ladie´s Marine) was part of the Marine collection. The “Marine Damen” was equipped with an ETA 2824-2, the diameter of the 316L stainless steel case was 31mm. The hands have been coated in black.

The 2002 catalogue (which was a 2 page folder to be more precise) also contained a “Marine 6425 limitiert”. This STOWA Marine was limited to 200 pieces. The 40mm polished stainless steel case housed an Unitas 6425 handwinding movement (“Kleine Sekunde” - small second at 6). The sapphire crystal was slighly domed, the hands have been blued (thermic process). This extraordinary limited edition retailed for 1699,-- Euro (1799,-- Euro on bracelet).
    And last not least there has been the (legendary) Bi-Compax Marine Chrono, an absolute beater in my humble opinion. Case size was 40mm too, hands have been blued, top and display back crystals have been made of sapphire. In 2002 the chrono retailed for 1399,-- Euro.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

And all great watches .

And I have been on the look out for the bicompax (very occassionally do come up - ad sometimes at reasonable prices) and the original Marine for a looong time now.

In some ways I am quite pleased that I cannot find these, as it should mean that they are all in loving homes!

Thread Information