Noise from rotor

Thread: Noise from rotor

Noise from rotor

I can hear a pretty audible noise when I move my wrist. I think it is caused by the rotor, but I'm not sure. Anybody else experience this? Is this common? I don't have many autos but I haven't noticed anything like this with my other autos.

My watch is a Stowa Exima (cream dial).

Adam

stuffler,mike

Re: Noise from rotor

Quite common to hear the spinning rotor.

i find the rotor seems heavier on my stowa's - but to be honest it gives it a more hefty feel and makes it feel better made, if that makes sense..

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the info. The noise is just much more noticeable than with my other autos.

I can barely hear the rotor in my 300m diver and can hear it pretty well in a 100m rated watch. Maybe holding water out holds sound in...?

I think there's something to that. The exhibition back probably lets sound out a little more, too.

Assuming you have a ball bearing rotor, it shouldn't make a lot of noise. Some noise is indeed common, but very noise it shouldn't be. Auto's need occaisional service. Is it an old watch? You didn't give much details about the watch. If it's an old watch without ball bearing it could be wear and tear. Please post make, model and manufaturing date.

stuffler,mike

Quote Originally Posted by einstein View Post
    Assuming you have a ball bearing rotor, it shouldn't make a lot of noise. Some noise is indeed common, but very noise it shouldn't be. Auto's need occaisional service. Is it an old watch? You didn't give much details about the watch. If it's an old watch without ball bearing it could be wear and tear. Please post make, model and manufaturing date.
    It is an Stowa Exima as already mentioned, not an old watch at all. Manufacturing date is -2 years maximum which implies that a service should not take place the next 2-3years. Just my two cents.

Stowa Exima, right. Sorry, I missed that. I own a Longines Evidenza (same movement) that has a slightly noisy rotor, but nothing extreme.

Thread Information