Not your usual Marine Original or Airman Original indecision...

View Poll Results: So which watch to send to Jochen Benzinger?

Voters
24. This poll is closed
  • Marine Original

21 87.50%
  • Airman Original

3 12.50%

Thread: Not your usual Marine Original or Airman Original indecision...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Not your usual Marine Original or Airman Original indecision...

Hi guys I know this is only my first post but i have been lurking around these parts for a few months now and finally have a decision to make which the search feature couldnt answer (see im not a total new boy)...

I currently have a seatime and am expanding my stowa collection with an Airman Original which will hopefully be ready in February. In the meantime I have brought a Marine Original from the german ebay for a good price secondhand.

Basically I love both watches and the finish on the 6498 however I want to make one of them a little bit more special by sending it to Jochen Benzinger for a little fettling of the movement...

The question is which one do you guys think I should send and what do you think I should have done, I would like a more modern skeleton look compared to the really fancy classical designs and I also like it when parts of the movement have been made black.

So what do you guys think I should do???

Thanks

FreeAgent

Re: Not your usual Marine Original or Airman Original indecision...

I think the MO would be a better candidate for custom movement work. Actually, I've seen pictures of one that's been done. I'll try and find a link.

-Jim

EDIT: Found it rather quickly. Google is my friend
    http://www.equationoftime.com/forums...ad.php?p=25430
    Last edited by carman63; January 2nd, 2009 at 22:39. Reason: Additional information

IMO those watches are beautiful enough as they are.
    Last edited by SiebSp; January 2nd, 2009 at 22:44.
    Greetings,

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I have seen the MO that has be Benzinger'ed, I believe the owner is a member here. I think it is amazing but I would like a slightly more modern twist to the movement, more geometric and less fancy! So why do you think the MO????

stuffler,mike

Terri' s MO by Benzinger:

Ok fair enough, does anyone know how to edit polls and i will add a 'You can't improve a Stowa' option?
    Last edited by FreeAgent; January 2nd, 2009 at 22:45.

Of course you can improve / find more beautiful 6498 as used in the MO e.g. sun pattern on wheels, chatons, three quarter plate,... (not discussing any sense behind such options)

When going for some Benzinger work (imho absolutely fascinating) however I would use the MO as I think the heavily modified movement of the FO could probably cause some difficulties

I'm not sure I would go full skeletonized. The Flieger is a tool watch that I would NOT skeletonize. As an alternative, I would like to have one with all the bridges beveled and polished to remove all of the stamping burrs from the components. A pattern on the winding wheels would be acceptable as well.

The MO can handle some fanciful work although I'm not sure Terri's is my cup of tea. It is really nice - but I'm not positive that it fits the watch, IMHO. I really don't have an alternative in mind, however.

Seth

hello, send the MO! although it is already a beauty, i think modifications will better look there, than by the simple and allready extraordinary FO movement, which could even make some difficulties, as allready mentioned here. i do think the FO is a real historic "flieger" so it should keep the real look as mr.schauer ment it to be. anyway have fun watching the even more decorated benzinger movement .

I agree with most: the MO would better benefit from such modifications, whereas the FO should remain more functional. The movement in the FO is already about as attractive as posible without looking out of place.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information