Now I know what Stowa is all about!

Thread: Now I know what Stowa is all about!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Smile Now I know what Stowa is all about!

Well I finally got it! I've been like a kid waiting for Christmas the past few days. I even e-mailed Stowa and received a speedy response which made me feel comfortable in dealing with them. I'm sorry if any of the following is repetitive but this is my first Stowa and I am very impressed and want to share my experience. If anyone is thinking about a Stowa but is unsure this might convince you. My friendly FedEx man has just handed me my new Seatime. It is number six in the limited edition of ten light blue dials. I chose the stainless bezel after much debate with my fiance who preferred the blue. I'm the one wearing it so I win .

I was a little apprehensive about the dial color when ordering because it appears different shades on different computer monitors and I was concerned about it looking like a light pastel shade of blue. Immediately upon looking at it in person I loved the shade. It's a very unique shade of blue and it goes well with the bead blasted case. The hands are matte black. When I write matte black that's it, there is not the slightest hint of sparkle or reflection of anything other than black. The black hands contrast well on the dial and makes the watch easy to read. The dial is very clean. The writing on the dial is small and very tastefull. 6/10 is etched in the side of the case and is very subtle.

The first thing I noticed when I picked the watch up was how heavy and solid it feels. It feels indestructible. The bracelet is solid as well and I love the screw pins used for sizing. Nothing could be easier and feel more secure. I carefully sized the watch with the right screwdriver and put it on. It is very comfortable and this suprised me because the watch is big in the lug to lug direction. The end links on the bracelet bend downward at a very sharp angle and it keeps the watch centered right where I like it on my wrist.

I started off by unscrewing the crown to set the time and give it a few turns to get it running. The crown screws on and off with an impossible smoothness. There is no hunting around for the threads when screwing it back in either, the crown very smoothly engages the threads. The Stowa logo on the crown looks real nice as well. I started looking through the caseback and I really enjoy watching the movement. Once I got the watch set and put it back on my wrist I played with the bezel. It gives 60 perfectly alligned and very delibrate clicks all the way around. It's not the stiffest bezel I've used but it does not seem to me that it would rotate by accident very easy or at all.

This limited edition came with a black rubber strap as well. It has a nice smell and I have resisted the urge to put it on the watch. I'm afraid of scratching my beauty. I am a little concerned about cutting it on my own as well. I consider myself a bracelet man but that strap looks like it could be a comfortable change of pace.

I can't really comment on the lume yet since it is daylight but when I went outside and came back in the watch was glowing already in the ambient indoor light.

Well if you are like me then you hate posts like these without pictures. I hope you enjoy them almost as much as I love this watch.
    Tim

Last edited by JCKoLnturn; September 1st, 2006 at 19:01.

stuffler,mike

Re: Now I know what Stowa is all about!

Hi Tim,
    Indeed some of your remarks seem to be repetitive but I am sure, Jörg is very interested getting all the (positive) feed back on his watches. His quality standards are quite remarkable and that´s the way it should be.

I am glad to hear that we have another member in our club.

Great post and pics Tim!
    What size is your wrist if I may ask?
    Congrats on a beautiful watch, you chose well!
    "Time is the school in which we learn. Time is the fire in which we burn."

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the kind words. I'm not sure if I used the proper method but I measured my wrist at 7 3/4". That's at the part of my wrist between that bone on the top of my wrist and my hand.
    Last edited by JCKoLnturn; September 1st, 2006 at 20:40.

Man!!! Now I'm going to have to take some better photos of mine.... Great photos of the blue dial - it looks very close to real life. Again congrats!

Tim, the more I see that dial colour the more I like it. Congrats on a beautiful watch, and welcome to the Stowa clan
    Cheers,
    Bruce
    Wear what you like.

Congrats and thanks for sharing the great pics. That is a gorgeous shade of blue. Welcome to the forum and wear that beauty in good health.
    ToddH

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." Albert Einstein

NEG

Yeah congrats Tim!

Stowa is rapidly becoming my favorite watch co and I've not even got one yet!!!!!

Still at least it's September now and the Marine Originals should start shipping

Congrats Tim on joining the Stowa family. You made a great choice. I too was impressed with the Stowa service and quality. I almost went for the same watch as you but settled for the one below. Don't worry about resizing your rubber strap. I did mine quite easily just take your time.
    Enjoy that great watch, you will soon get used to the weight on your wrist. The lume is terrific as you will soon find out.

Best regards
    Andy
    Rolex Sea-Dweller
    Breitling Chrono Avenger Titanium.
    Doxa Sub 750T Pro CC.
    Stowa Seatime.
    Aristo Dakar
    Mudman GW-9000-1JF
    PAW1300T-7VCR
    Gulfman G-9100-2ER
    GW-M5600-1ER

Retired and living in the mountains of Northeast Pennsylvania

It looks fabulous! Congratulations! :gold
    Steve

My favorite diver? Jessica Alba, of course!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information