Official statement to the Flieger limited order problems

Thread: Official statement to the Flieger limited order problems

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Sponsor / Moderator

Official statement to the Flieger limited order problems

Hello everybody,

first I want to say thanks to all Forum members who already ordered a Flieger limited.

The ordering process was not easy - some of the members had to login for several times.

I want to tell you some important facts and give you explanations regarding the problems of this process:

1 - Login problems
    We have had more than 1000 users at the same time trying to get onto the site which made the register process a bit long for everybody.
    The Server nearly crashed down.
    Hornestly speaking: We did not think about such a big quantity of users trying to get access at the same time.

Of course for a future project we will use a server which will fit the demand.

2 - STOWA06 and MAX bookings
    Some of you already saw that there have been 2 Users ordering several watches.
    The story behind is this:
    Some of our clients who can´t be online today on 2 GMT asks us to try to get a number through us directly.
    (maybe beforehand of the official orderprocess .-) )

The only possibilty we told them was to try to login by ourselfs on 2 p.m GMT and to try to get their desired number.

The result was that we also had to try to get online the same time - but not even a minute earlier than all others!

Mrs. Hafner (STOWA06) was trying to get some numbers for these clients but unfortunately, not all clients got a watch!

The reason was the single registration Mrs. Hafner had to do for each watch.

Due to the big traffic she also had to face these server problem!

By the way, here is the excuse of my Administrator (MAX) who developed the tool to order - he also was surprised of the project's speed

"Jörg, please tell your users:

Me, the webmaster wants to apologize personally for all the incoveniences during the registration process.

"Server 500" error occured a couple of times through the first half hour of registration period because of - just too many similar surfing users. It just didn't went into my flat-brain, that this could stress the machine so terribly.

Next time, my proposal to Jörg will be making use of cloud computing. Than we can register another series in 25 to 30 seconds. "

All in all I think we catches 7 or 8 watches for our clients who contacted us directly.

Some of them had also not the luck to get one.

But it was a very fair competition at any time this I can guarantee you.

I am sure some of the customers who got a watch through our reservation will post here that this story is true.

3 - your personal mail to STOWA
    Please be advised that we try to answer all e-mails which have been sent to us in the last 5 hours. They will be answered tomorrow and on Friday.-
    The amount is huge and we have to answer them step by step.

4 - And now ?
    We wil send an order confirmation by mail to all customers who already ordered a watch tomorrow. This mail will provide the customers with all details they need to know.
    If you do not receive this confirmation mail at least on saturday - please contact us under [email protected] and I will try to find out the reason why on monday morning to give you an answer.

Again I want to say thanks to all customers and also many thanks to those who have not been lucky at this time.

course we will be back with other special offers in the future.

I think with this project we did something special:

100 watches have been sold in 51 minutes to customers from 22 countries worldwide !

Thanks from the complete STOWA Team !

Jörg Schauer
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by stuffler,mike; October 29th, 2008 at 22:45.

Re: Official statement to the Flieger limited order problems

Thanks for the explanation, Jörg. I bet Viveca was pretty busy!

Thanks Jorg, for offering this opportunity for Stowa fans. I'm sure some people were frustrated by the process, but with everything new comes a learning curve. Keep up the good work making excellent watches and I hope you offer more limited editions in the future.

Just get cloud computing next time! =)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the fun Jörg! I love your watches but it was at least as entertaining to join the crazy swarm of watch-grasshoppers devouring your entire crop of Stowa Airmans!

stuffler,mike

Kudos to Jörg.

100 watches in 51 minutes to 22 countries. Oh boy, not bad

Hated it whilst going through it - sheer angst - but quite enjoyed the experience once done .
    As the brand becomes more popular, as watch collecting gets more popular - demand will obviously increase.

What's the solution? Make the "limited" edition larger... 200, 300, 500? Or increase the price? Even in this credit crunch crisis I don't think many of us really had to think twice at the price point of under 500Euro - especially as we only have to front up 50 now, and have 3-4 months to find/save the rest.
    At 1000Euro or higher, I think many more would have to think twice or more.
    I think this explains why this Flieger sold out so quickly compared to the FO LE
    Antea Black (Date - Milanaise Bracelet)
    Antea Creme COSC (No Date - Blued Hands)
    Antea KS
    Black Forest Flieger LE
    Flieger B-Uhr
    Flieger 2801 LE

Marine 2801 HW
    Marine Original
    Chrono 1938 Black
    Seatime Blue (ProDiver Bezel)
    Seatime WUS LE
    70's Quartz,
    Vintage PUW

So, it means that I was beaten only by Mrs Hafner, herself? Lol...

Btw, I don't know what to think of this method : sending an email to Stowa and waiting for them to reserve. They just missed half the fun of the limited edition.

Quote Originally Posted by langtoftlad View Post
    Hated it whilst going through it - sheer angst - but quite enjoyed the experience once done .
    As the brand becomes more popular, as watch collecting gets more popular - demand will obviously increase.

What's the solution? Make the "limited" edition larger... 200, 300, 500? Or increase the price? Even in this credit crunch crisis I don't think many of us really had to think twice at the price point of under 500Euro - especially as we only have to front up 50 now, and have 3-4 months to find/save the rest.
    At 1000Euro or higher, I think many more would have to think twice or more.
    I think this explains why this Flieger sold out so quickly compared to the FO LE
    But making great watches at a fair price is the whole point of Stowa. That is why it seems to be garnering so much praise from this board. I knew nothing about watches and Stowa before I found this site, and my first watch ended up being the Stowa MO. By charging more, fewer people will be able to afford and therefore lesser amt of Stowa watches in the world and lesser people will come to know about Stowa. I keep telling people who ask me about my watch. The price also has to justify the watch. I believe the movement on the FO takes more attention/detail than this one. Can't simply charge more just as a solution to the internet traffic problem.

I don't want to sound like a sour puss but I don't think that's fair at all.

You had some clients that got in on one when they were not even around, not having to go through the agony of this process.

I was one of the people that had trouble registering. It wasn't for lack of trying.

I was on it, right at GMT 2 going through the process only to end up being told by the site that either "cookie was not on on my browser(it was) or timed out"...

I tried for the entire hour. I even tried to register after it was posted here that all had been sold out just to see if the site would let me register... no luck.

I don't type slow either. I must have tried to register 50 + times.

The watch looks to be a success so congrats to you and everyone that got one.

But, I just don't think it to be fair that you had individuals that got one with no effort.

Quote Originally Posted by doughboyr6 View Post
    But making great watches at a fair price is the whole point of Stowa. That is why it seems to be garnering so much praise from this board. I knew nothing about watches and Stowa before I found this site, and my first watch ended up being the Stowa MO. By charging more, fewer people will be able to afford and therefore lesser amt of Stowa watches in the world and lesser people will come to know about Stowa. I keep telling people who ask me about my watch. The price also has to justify the watch. I believe the movement on the FO takes more attention/detail than this one. Can't simply charge more just as a solution to the internet traffic problem.
    Thanks Jorg for providing us with another quality Limited Edition watch! Your standard watches are an incredible value when you take into account the excellent workmanship of your timepieces. Having LE watches from time to time is definitely a great way to introduce your watches to those (like me) who have been pondering a purchase but haven't quite pulled the trigger. Regarding your next LE watch; how about another variant of the Marine Original? Not to soon though, the wallet has to recover first!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information