An open letter to Herrn Jörg Schauer. . .

Thread: An open letter to Herrn Jörg Schauer. . .

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Off Topic post An open letter to Herrn Jörg Schauer. . .

(Letter in English follows below)

Sehr geehrter Herr Schauer:

Ich habe nie geschrieben oder gesprochen in deutscher Sprache. Ich habe, obwohl, war in Deutschland in vielen Fällen auf die Unternehmen - zu einer kleinen Stadt mit dem Namen Heilbronn, ca. 2-3 Stunden von Frankfurt. Ich habe mich schon immer sehr beeindruckt von der deutschen Design-Mentalität - sehr utilitaristisch und funktionell, aber mit einer hohen Leistung konzentrieren. In einer Art und Weise, "souped bis skandinavischen Stil. Stowa Schauer und Marken, in meiner bescheidenen Ansicht, verkörpern diese Muster. Vielen Dank an Sie Ihr Team!

Herr Schauer, Ich schreibe, um zu sehen, wenn Sie der Ansicht, bietet Ihnen alles aus einer Hand Schauer Marke sehen in "common-Mann"-Version - unter der Marke Stowa. Dies wäre eine Uhr mit einem Preis von unter Euro 1000 bis 1200; einfacher Fall von 41mm Durchmesser, mit einem Unitas-Handaufzugswerk, Ausstellung zurück, poliert und serielle nummeriert. Das Gesicht wäre wahrscheinlich Creme oder weiß gefärbt (gesehen auf ein Schauer Marke) und der einen Seite wie die Schauer einer Hand, sondern gebläuten Stahl. Im Einklang mit ihrer Einfachheit die Uhr wird wahrscheinlich kein Logo. Natürlich ist dies nur eine Vision vorgeschlagen habe ich von etwas, das ich würde sehr leicht kaufen, letztlich Sie und Ihre Design-Team haben endgültige Entscheidung. Ich glaube, Sie können ganz sicher davon ausgehen, wäre dies ein großer Hit - ebenso wie die MO-oder der FO. Natürlich, Sie sind ein Unternehmen der Mensch - und ein sehr gut auf, dass - so kann ich mir vorstellen, können Sie über Verdünnung oder cannibalizing Ihre Schauer Einnahmen. Meine Meinung dazu ist, dass Ihre Marke Schauer ist exklusiv und in sehr begrenzten Mengen - kann dies eine, die in Mengen und menschenwürdige regelmäßiger Materialien. Diese in meinen Augen sollte die Schauer Marke und deren Exklusivität erhalten.

Ich hoffe, dass Sie die Frage der Vorschlag vor. Ich weiß, würde ich sofort kaufen, wie ein Meisterwerk.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Ahkeelt
    NYC

(translated using Google)
    --------------IN ENGLISH --------------------

Dear Mr. Schauer:

I have never written or spoken in German language. I have, although, been to Germany on many occasions on business - to a small town by the name Heilbronn, about 2-3 hours from Frankfurt. I have always been very impressed with the German design mindset - very utilitarian and functional, but with a high performance focus. In a way, 'souped up Scandinavian" style. Stowa and Schauer brands, in my humble view, epitomize such designs. Thank you to you an your team!

Mr. Schauer, I am writing to see if you would consider offering your one-hand Schauer brand watch in more 'common-man' version - under the Stowa brand. This would be a watch with a price below Euros 1,000 to 1,200; simpler case of 41mm dia, with a Unitas hand-wound movement, exhibition back, polished and serial numbered. The face would likely be cream or white colored (one seen on Schauer brand) and the one hand similar to the Schauer one-hand but steel blued. In keeping with its simplicity the watch will likely have no logo. Obviously this is only a suggested vision I have of something I would very readily buy, ultimately you and your design team have final decision. I believe you can very safely assume this would be a great hit - just like the MO or the FO. Obviously, you are a business man - and a very good one at that - so I can imagine you may be concerned of diluting or cannibalizing your Schauer revenues. My view on this is that your Schauer brand is exclusive and offered in very limited quantities - this may be one that is offered in decent quantities and of regular materials. This in my mind should keep the Schauer brand and its exclusivity intact.

I hope you give consideration to the suggestion above. I know I would readily buy such a masterpiece.

Sincerely,

Ahkeelt
    NYC

PS - Forum members - please comment on your preference of such a watch. Thank you!
    Last edited by ahkeelt; February 5th, 2009 at 04:31.

Re: An open letter to Herrn Jörg Schauer. . .

I like the very watch you described. Each and every detail. I wouldn't even mind the Stowa logo on the dial, but do feel it isn't needed.

I like it, and would be one of the first to purchase said watch!

stuffler,mike

Well, I am not sure if there ever will be a Stowa One Hand.

I think Jörg is not going to mix up Schauer and Stowa, both brands should be clearly distinguishable from each other, that's why there is now Schauer Flieger for example.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Watchuseek Journalist Bhanu Chopra's Avatar

I'd be more excited about a Stowa Chronograph and Stowa Regulateur

I think Guinand has done an excellent job with their lineup of watches even though Guinand does not have a strong anchor like the Stowa Airman.

But as I see Stowa brand grow.....anything is possible!

Cheers,
    Bhanu

I truly love the Schauer Einzeiger, but I don't know if I'd trade the rhodium dial and rose gold hand for a lower price (even though the Einzeiger is out of reach).

As for a chrono and a regulateur; yes and yes! I can particularly envision a historically themed regulateur designed by Stowa. Maybe even something fairly large, like one of those pocket watch movements put into a wristwatch case just at the turn (proper lugs, not wire or small hinged ones). Similar to a Mariage, only with a more old fashioned case.

Quote Originally Posted by hotnerd View Post

I think Guinand has done an excellent job with their lineup of watches even though Guinand does not have a strong anchor like the Stowa Airman.
    Hey dont forget that Guindand belongs to Mr. Sinn

Hi!

I think this is a great idea ... well - I hope that Mr. Schauer will think about it ...

But - please Mr. Schauer - read my idea about a Stowa Regulateur handwind watch, too .... a watch like the Dornblüth-Regulateur would be great ...

Quote Originally Posted by ahkeelt View Post
    ... case of 41mm dia, with a Unitas hand-wound movement, exhibition back, polished and serial numbered.

The face would likely be cream or white colored (one seen on Schauer brand) and the one hand similar to the Schauer one-hand but steel blued. .
    Just imagine how awesome that would look - the blue hand on the white dial

It would have to have the same dial as the Einzeiger - in my opinion, it's the perfect one-hand dial - the combination of numbers and different sized graduation markers make it quicker and easier to read than other brands.

Do you think 41mm is too small, though? The trend is toward larger watches, and with a single-hander, the larger you can make the graduations, the better resolution you will get.

Quote Originally Posted by triggerhappy View Post
    Just imagine how awesome that would look - the blue hand on the white dial

It would have to have the same dial as the Einzeiger - in my opinion, it's the perfect one-hand dial - the combination of numbers and different sized graduation markers make it quicker and easier to read than other brands.

Do you think 41mm is too small, though? The trend is toward larger watches, and with a single-hander, the larger you can make the graduations, the better resolution you will get.
    Just my 2cents - but 41-42mm is sufficient when the watch is so uncluttered and simple. You are absolutely right - the face has to be same as the one-hand original - may be ok to change font in case exclusivity is to be safe guarded. The very reason the original one-hand works so well is because of its readability!!!

I wish Jorg would have some comments . . . if nothing then to simply entertain our day dreaming . . .

Mike is right - mixing the two brands is too dangerous. Stowa/Schauer can enter a trap - later someone might request an Edition 12 chrono type ot Panerai-alike or Rolex-type watch etc.

I am a proud owner of an Einzeiger and my view is that if someone wants such a watch, just have to save a bit more and order it as it is!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information