Ordered MO... Get Deployant Also?

Thread: Ordered MO... Get Deployant Also?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ordered MO... Get Deployant Also?

Hey, I have ordered my first Stowa, a white polished roman MO with black croco strap...

And now I am debating whether I should also order the deployant buckle. I did search the forums for info regarding this one and this is what I've read:

A) The Stowa deployant buckle is very nice, but better suited for thinner straps. I have seen a picture of one with the thickest leather strap available and it wasn't quite the best match, so to say... The question is: how thick is this croco strap? Does it compare to the thickest leather? How does this deployant + croco combo work? Anyone have a picture maybe?

B) The deployant is pretty confortable, sits well centered because it is "butterfly-style", but not that much on a small wrist. So I have only 6.5'' wrists ... how will it work?

Anyway, I asked Stowa if it's possible to send me both the deployant and the tang buckle, and to easily change them if I felt the deployant is not right... and they said it's easy, np, they will even send me some instructions on how to change them...

So what do you guys say? Shall I get the deployant? The thing is I would also like to preserve the beautiful (and expensive) strap as much as possible, but hope it works out ok...

Re: Ordered MO... Get Deployant Also?

The deployant clasp is quite small, no problem wearing it even on smaller wrists like yours.
    I have one with all my 4 Stowas and wouldn't want to go back to a regular buckle.

Also, it will indeed help to preserve your gator strap, which is another plus.

Cheers,

CT

If wanting to preserve the croc strap as long as possible take the deployant. It is also a certain safety factor when putting the watch on. The Stowa deployant is also compatible to rather thick straps (unlike JLC).

IMHO the quality of the deplyant is rather low, though (visible springs for pushers, very light, rather small and sharp pushers etc.). But you cannot expect more for 30-40 Euros, I guess.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by clubbtraxx View Post
    I have one with all my 4 Stowas and wouldn't want to go back to a regular buckle.
    You have only one for all your 4 Stowas? Meaning that it's so easy to install / remove that you only need 1? Or are you saying that you bought all your Stowas with deployants (meaning they are so much better than regular tang buckles )

I have an MO with the plain, black leather strap and the deployant really bothered my wrist. Am wearing with the tang and much happier. I am not alone in this.

I received my M.O. Roman numerals back in Febuary,along with three croco straps(they are really american alligator)and deployment clasp. I change the bands and clasp with no problem,being careful not to scatch my beautiful watch. I have found that the dark brown is my favorite and wear it more than the rest. I have right at a 7inch wrist and have no issue with the confort of the clasp. I believe the band is 5mm thick and is of excellent quality. As for the quality of the clasp, it is what one would expect to get for 50 bucks.

I ordered a M.O. with the durowe movement and deployment clasp because it adds to the classiness of the watch. Since I already have three alligator straps I will put one of them on it.
    I also ordered a flieger with logo and should have it in late May or early June.

Go with the Deployment clasp!

Ren

It took me about a week to get used to the deployment on my MO, but now I wouldn't consider ever buying another Stowa without it. Great quality deployment.
    Current watch collection
    Stowa MO matt
    Citizen Eco-Drive Nighthawk Stainless Steel
    Citizen Eco-Drive Skyhawk A-T (black)
    Citizen Eco-Drive Minute Repeater
    Citizen Eco-Drive Chronograph Canvas
    Zodiac Desert Master (black)

I went through the same process when ordering my MO. As has already been commented the general feedback is the Stowa deployant is nice but not necessarily the best. I went with a RDH deployant however I do not know if that readily available outside of the US. I am guessing you are in Europe since you are ordering a CROC strap which comes under export restrictions when shipping to the US.

I do strongly recommend you ask STOWA if they can send you a 'short' version of the CROC strap if you have a 6.5" wrist. I prefer to wear my watch snuggle and found the regular size left too much slack especially in the cooler months. Also the deployant tended to not be centered on my wrist and not as comfortable. I ended up getting a 'short' IWC style dark brown croc strap from thewatchboys which greatly improved wearing comfort.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayden View Post
    You have only one for all your 4 Stowas? Meaning that it's so easy to install / remove that you only need 1? Or are you saying that you bought all your Stowas with deployants (meaning they are so much better than regular tang buckles )
    Actually it is very easy to install and remove indeed if you wished to do so.

I do however have a deployant for each Stowa watch that I own, not just one
    It seems some people have comfort issues with the clasp but I have never noticed anything like that.

What size deployment clasp do I need to order from Stowa for a MO?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information