Ordered an Orange Prodiver, am I too old?

Thread: Ordered an Orange Prodiver, am I too old?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ordered an Orange Prodiver, am I too old?

Couldn't decide on which Prodiver to go for, in the end ordered Orange face, COSC with Black Bezel and Bracelet, my dilema is I'm 44 years old and live in a cold climate, all my other watches are black or white faces, simple conservative, will i look like the oldest swinger in town with an orange faced watch (be used for desk diving only :)) or should i sod em all and live a little?

Does anyone have any pics of the watch i have chosen, i'm not worried about the bezel colour as I can get a new one any time, just worried if the orange will sit in the box and not be used much.

Re: Ordered an Orange Prodiver, am I too old?

What are you talking about? If you like the orange dial get the orange dial and the hell with anyone who thinks other wise! You are going to wear it,pay for it so enjoy it. I think you are making a wise decision getting the COSC movement though many on here think other wise. It has better components,is highly decorated and is certified, giving your watch added valued. Stowa in the near future will nolonger offer the COSC movement which will give your watch better resale if you ever decide to sell. I have on order the prodiver with the carbon dial, white hands, with the COSC movement, but I was torn between the carbon and the limette dial. Both are beautiful watches!

I am 55 years old so 44 sounds young to me, I rode my bike 20 miles this morning, came home made the kids breakfast and off to volleyball practice this evening! Don't slow down and don't let age dictate your life style. I think you made a good choice!

REN

FM7

I think you must have ordered the perfect watch, if it makes you ask this question.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Orange is a great color on the Prodiver. I would have ordered the orange, but I already have a couple of orange Doxas. So I got the black dial with orange minute and second hands. I'm 52 and I would have no problem wearing the orange Prodiver. Don't expect the watch any time soon, though. I'm still waiting for mine and I ordered it in mid-March.
    whaler

Doxa Sub 750T Sharkhunter
    Doxa Sub 750T Searambler

Quote Originally Posted by The Professor View Post
    Couldn't decide on which Prodiver to go for, in the end ordered Orange face, COSC with Black Bezel and Bracelet, my dilema is I'm 44 years old and live in a cold climate, all my other watches are black or white faces, simple conservative, will i look like the oldest swinger in town with an orange faced watch (be used for desk diving only :)) or should i sod em all and live a little?

Does anyone have any pics of the watch i have chosen, i'm not worried about the bezel colour as I can get a new one any time, just worried if the orange will sit in the box and not be used much.
    You think 44 is old? Sheesh. Stop worrying and enjoy your new watch. You made a great choice.

Myron
    Kind Regards,

Myron

Thanks for the reassurances guys, it's appreciated, it's not that I'm a boring old fart, just that i live in Scotland, it's a bit cold and conservative, eg if i went on a 20 mile bike ride in the summer months, i'd arrive back home soaking wet :lol:

But i love the way the orange dial on the Prodiver 'pops' so dirty deed done and ordered. Stowa are quoting end of sept delivery, but we'll see, still waiting on MO, white face, arabic on black leather, and Antea 390 COSC on Milanese but these are still within timeframe quoted, I suppose one has to be patient for quality, and at least they don't ask for money up front.

Thanks again.

@ The Professor:

Congrats on your choice of three of the finest watches out there!

Colours are not referring to how old you are but what's your personal taste.

Last year I bought this watch - time at which my 44th birthday had been eighteen years before......

Do you consider me to be too old for wearing such a beauty?

Have fun with all those incoming timepieces from Engelsbrand,

Volker

Thanks Volker

I do like the orange, but where i live it's very consevative, and an orange watch stands out more, people are often less than complementary, adfter a certain age you are seen as Mutton dressed as Lamb if you wear clothes or have products deemed to be for the young and pretty, makes one more self concious, but hey it's just a watch, not like i'm trying to wear a muscle T shirt with a beer belly.

Nice watch BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by brainless View Post
    @ The Professor:

Congrats on your choice of three of the finest watches out there!

Colours are not referring to how old you are but what's your personal taste.

Last year I bought this watch - time at which my 44th birthday had been eighteen years before......

Do you consider me to be too old for wearing such a beauty?

Have fun with all those incoming timepieces from Engelsbrand,

Volker

d88

Quote Originally Posted by The Professor View Post
    Thanks Volker

I do like the orange, but where i live it's very consevative, and an orange watch stands out more, people are often less than complementary, adfter a certain age you are seen as Mutton dressed as Lamb if you wear clothes or have products deemed to be for the young and pretty, makes one more self concious, but hey it's just a watch, not like i'm trying to wear a muscle T shirt with a beer belly.

Nice watch BTW.
    Try going up the west coast and the Hebrides. Plenty of divers there wearing their dive watches. Not to mention Aberdeen and the area serving the oil rigs. If you live more in the central belt then a diver style watch looks good wearing casual clothes and a Stowa diver will stand out from the usual fashion type watches. Scotland is also full of sea and inland lochs so even around the water it will fit in there. Basically Scotland is ideal for diver style watches and with the rain we get, the water resistance will come in handy . If you like it, then go for it, just be yourself !

Of course my only disclaimer is if you like the orange diver, I wouldn't advise wearing it during a celtic v rangers game lol
    Last edited by d88; August 6th, 2011 at 20:31.

Lol

I'm a Glaswegian living smack between Glesga and Embra. Thankfully I detest Fitba' although the Auld Firm nonsense is just an excuse for the narrow minded biggots to fecht wi' each other. :)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information