Ordering a Stowa

Thread: Ordering a Stowa

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ordering a Stowa

I would like to purchase the Antea KS, but I have a few reservations concerning delivery in the US. I will not be at home to sign for a package, and I do not want it delivered to work. The last time I ordered from Stowa and had it delivered to work, the admin called me in to her office and asked me if I had ordered a watch from Germany. Fedex sent the import tax papers to my company and it ended up at the corporate office, and then back at my office. It was kind of embarrasing. So, what are my options? I think I saw on the FedEx site that a package could be delivered to a FedEx Ship Center and held for me to pick up. Has anyone done this before? Is this something Stowa would do? I did email them; they are out of the office and I wanted to get some suggestions from the group since I am sure I'm not the only one in this situation. Thanks.

Re: Ordering a Stowa

Hi Planex,

Wow! I don't know what is embarrassing about receiving a watch at work, then having the paperwork forwarded to you from your corporate office. Lots of needless corporate drama so it seems. You could tell your admin that you are wanting to receive another package sent from Germany and there will be accompanying paperwork to follow. If they are intolerant or pushing back for whatever reason, have it sent to your home.

As you know, Stowa will tell you the tracknig number, etc., then you have your options.

A neighbor can sign for you, or if you have no relationship with any of them or prefer to not have one sign for you, you can have the package held at the station for pick-up, then the import duty notice/bill from FedEx will be sent to your home and no one will be the wiser.

Whatever you do...post images of that beauty once you get it on your wrist!

Glen
    Last edited by inlanding; January 2nd, 2009 at 18:59.

You have several options. Stowa will send you the Fedex tracking # when the watch ships. You can call Fedex after it ships and ask that the package be held at the destination Fedex terminal for customer pickup. The second option is to print off the Fedex tracking information, tape it to your house door (assuming you are OK with having packages delivered without you being there), sign the paper and say "OK to Deliver". The package is sent from Stowa with a Fedex "Indirect Signature Required" option. The driver will take the signed paper as verification of delivery. I do both of these options quite frequently.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

you sohuld get a tracking number

Quote Originally Posted by jkramer View Post
    You have several options. Stowa will send you the Fedex tracking # when the watch ships. You can call Fedex after it ships and ask that the package be held at the destination Fedex terminal for customer pickup.
    I was going to suggest this method. Since I am rarely home when a delivery is attempted, I just call them as soon as I have the tracking number and they hold it when it arrives. Then I just drop in at the FedEx depot after work. :)

I am a member of a wine-of-the-month-club and in Calif. a person 21 or over has to be home to receive & sign for it. I have the shipment sent to a Fedex ctr. near me and pick it up, no problem.

Okay thanks for the suggestions guys. Now I will just have to find out where my FedEx depot is....

The only thing to be aware of is that the package needs to hit US soil before Fedex can put the hold on it. Not sure why this is the case, so I always just watch the progress until the package gets to Memphis (the main Fedex hub), then I call Fedex and they put the hold on it.

For Fedex, they will hold the package for you at the delivery center and also supply you with the address when you arrange it over the phone.

Make sure they ship to your home address, because the "send to" address is also where the customs bill is delivered to.
    Lots of dive watches.

Okay, I placed the order for the Antea KS. I know it will not ship until Feb at the earliest. Question, when do I pay for the watch, now, or will they let me know when they need payment?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information