Patiently waiting...

Thread: Patiently waiting...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Patiently waiting...

Hi Guys!

First post for me. I ordered a MO about a month ago now and had the date of end of feb originally. As tomorrow marks the half way point of the month (and Valentines day. I should really get my girlfriend a card...) I thought i would start a thread for everyone in the same boat as me.

Hopefully we should start hearing some shipping dates within the next week or so, please post any info you get from Stowa on here!!

Thanks!

John

Re: Patiently waiting...

This is also my first post,first stowa, first watch. I have always had an appreciation for fine watches but could never afford to buy one. I was promised by my wife she would buy me a nice watch after we were married since she got a $5000 ring. That was eight years ago. Now with 2 kids,a mortgage and her only working part time there seems to be less money than ever. Anyway she surprised me this Christmas with a nice looking watch made by rotary. As much as I loved it I could not get past the fact is has a quartz movement, just does't do it for me. I decide to return it, throw in some extra money and get someone I really like, she was fine with that. So I started looking at all kinds of watches, found I could get a great deal on a hamilton through a friend who has a contact with a dealer and was going to go that route when I can across the Stowa website. I immediatley fell in love will these watches, mainly because of the history behind them and the fact thay are hand made in germany, a 1970 porsche 911S is also on the wish list. Anyway my MO is also due at the end of the month so I am starting to get excited. I do have one question about the subdial, in a few pictures you can see a faint circle pattern (I'm sure there is a proper term for it ) but in most pics is just looks plain white. Is this because the camera doesn't pick it up very well or did only a specific year come like this?

Thanks

MO...great choice. I am also consider that one. Hope you get it soon.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hi John,
    First...welcome to the forum!

Great choice in watches there. Enjoy the wait, and post images once it's on your wrist, so we can vicariously enjoy it with you!

Glen

Hey John did you order the matt or polished finish?

Greg

My MO (purchased this Fall) does not have the concentric texturing on the sub-dial. However, I have never felt the dial lacked anything, it's a beautiful watch.

This thread is a great idea!

Originally I also went for the MO Romeon, trying to find a classical timepiece, but finally that turned to be the Schauer Einzeiger, the Kleine Schauer indeed.
    Got the FedEx tracking number just yesterday!

St. Owar

This is actually my first mechanical watch and I instantly fell in love with the stowa brand as soon as I saw it on fratello watches blog. I was actually very close to purchasing an iwc pilots chronograph but am now happy I am saving over £1500 and a better looking watch in my opinion!

I went with the polished finish as a. I didn't wan it to be too dressy and b. My current watch, the citizen nighthawk (which I actually really like) is also polished and I like the way it looks on my wrist.

I will post pictures as soon as I get it, I am most looking forward to the unpacking, being an apple fan that is something that always gets me excited. I am enjoying the wait and remembering one of Steve jobs quotes as I do...

"the journey is the reward"

Still, hope I hear soon!!

I'm scheduled for a late February delivery as well for my MO. Mine will be brushed finish, arabic numerals, brown leather strap on a deployant. I've been really into watches for the past few years, but this is the first serious watch I've pulled the trigger on. I'm only 20, so hopefully this will serve as the foundation for a well-loved collection someday.

hey runger,

i'm only 23 and like you this is my first "man's" watch. I'm slightly concerned that i am not old enough or wear the proper attire to carry such a watch but we will see, i think once it hits my wrist, it will be hard to take it off.

All quiet on the western front currently, but am expecting an email any day saying my watch is ready. My "check mail" button is becoming a bit worn actually...

You in the UK runger?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information