Phenomenal MO accuracy

Thread: Phenomenal MO accuracy

Phenomenal MO accuracy

Hi everyone,

I wanted to share a just-made observation: my MO is dead-on with respect to atomic time. Not interesting in itself, but... in was also dead-on on February 5th, the last time I checked. I know they have a reputation for accuracy, but this is almost ridiculous....

Canadian Jim

Re: Phenomenal MO accuracy

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Jim View Post
    Hi everyone,

I wanted to share a just-made observation: my MO is dead-on with respect to atomic time. Not interesting in itself, but... in was also dead-on on February 5th, the last time I checked. I know they have a reputation for accuracy, but this is almost ridiculous....

Canadian Jim
    Gotta love it!

Glen

of course it could have gained/lost a complete 12 hours in that period ...
    Antea Black (Date - Milanaise Bracelet)
    Antea Creme COSC (No Date - Blued Hands)
    Antea KS
    Black Forest Flieger LE
    Flieger B-Uhr
    Flieger 2801 LE

Marine 2801 HW
    Marine Original
    Chrono 1938 Black
    Seatime Blue (ProDiver Bezel)
    Seatime WUS LE
    70's Quartz,
    Vintage PUW

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Lightbulb Re: Phenomenal MO accuracy

Candian Jim, speaks to the quality of Stowa craftsmanship. Did you have your movement COSC certified? Is that something that you think is worth doing? And more generally, does anyone know if the COSC certification process physically changes the movement? Sam

Mine has been keeping superb time also. I don't check it against the atomic clock, just my quartz reference (an older but nearly perfect accurate Tag). Since my MO is worn in rotation I usually let it run down in between wearings. So knat's ass accuracy is less important to me. But, as far as I can tell it's within a few seconds a day. Given the price of this watch, this is fantastic performance.

You gotta love that beautiful Unitas movement. Interestingly, my other hand-wind, a Speedmaster Pro - which uses a gorgeous Lemania movement, also keeps incredibly accurate time - and it's got some age. Go figure.
    RCH

Quote Originally Posted by samjazz View Post
    Candian Jim, speaks to the quality of Stowa craftsmanship. Did you have your movement COSC certified? Is that something that you think is worth doing? And more generally, does anyone know if the COSC certification process physically changes the movement? Sam
    No, it was not certified. Pros and cons of certification have been discussed previously: as far as Stowa products are concerned, I seem to remember a consensus to the effect that the standard movements are factory-adjusted to high standards already. That's what convinced me to pass on the certification anyway, and I don't regret it!

Thread Information