Please cure my Stowa confusion!

Thread: Please cure my Stowa confusion!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Please cure my Stowa confusion!

Hey, first post here with a short story. Half a year ago I was looking at watches for my first and came across this forum and Stowa. Being a student, even the prices of a Stowa were a bit high for me. I told myself if I land a good internship I will bite.

Here I am now with that internship and I'm ready to order =).

Leaning heavily towards the Antea since it looks so classy and seems suitable for the office and formal occasions or nice dinners. I'm just not sure if the 365 or the 390 is the better size for my 7.5" wrists. Thoughts?!

Also I'm considering the Marine Automatic because it looks a bit more something a 20-year old would wear, but I feel looks less classy than the Antea.

What are your thoughts Antea or MA? More importantly which size for the Antea?!

Is there anywhere in Toronto I can try on watches similar to these to get a feel for the design/size?!

Thanks for your time and showing me a great watch company!

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Re: Please cure my Stowa confusion!

Welcome to Watchuseek and welcome to the Official Jörg Schauer & Stowa Forum as well.
    With a 7.5" wrist I'd go for 39mm or 40mm. The question Antea 390 vs. Marine Auto remains. I own both + the Marine HW so I am not a good advisor.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Welcome. It all comes down to taste, doesn't it? There's no reason a 20-year-old couldn't wear any of the gorgeous watches you are considering. They are all great and you will love any of the ones you purchase. For me, the MA is the way to go. It's more than formal enough for an office, but it has a kind of outdoor, masculine, I can go anywhere vibe that works for a young man. But what I or anyone else thinks is entirely irrelevant. It's up to you.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

UJU

I'd go for a MO. This will work well with both dressy and casual outfits.
    The quality of decision is like the well-timed swoop of a falcon. -Sun Tzu

I'd go for the MO as well but I am somewhat biased since that is exactly what I did. I personally prefer the subseconds dial and none of the watches you listed have this feature.
    Out of your choices, my preferential order would be MA, Antea 390 and lastly the Antea 365. I prefer the larger size of the MA and Antea 390 but prefer the aesthetics of the MA over the Antea. Just my opinion, yours may differ.
    Btw, I took your 7.5" wrist size into consideration for my recommendation.

Thanks for response guys! The MO is very tempting now that some of you pointed it out. It does feel like it can be dressed up or down which is good. Will it look too big on a 7.5" wrist though? I guess if I were to go for the MO it would be the polished case.

+1 to MO
    You can seldom go wrong with MO
    ahdave's collection : German 4 (a) Stowa Marine Original~October 2009
    (b) Stowa Antea Klein Sekunde with SS strap~December 2011 (c) Flieger Baumuster B Handaufzug 2801~December 2011
    (d) Stowa Chronograph 1938 polished with SS strap~October 2012
    SWISS 1 : ORIS TT3 day-date (Hospitalized now)

Current Year Shortlist : (a) Schauer Chronograph Edition09 *thinking* (b) Nomos Glashütte Zürich *Consideration* (c) LACO Pilot 42 Manual winding type B
    (d) Steinhart NavB Chrono *low*

With 7.5" wrists, you have nothing to worry about with regards to any of the watches is question being too big. I just picked up the Antea KS (35.5mm) which I was worried about being too small and now that I have it, it looks and feels great. The 40mm size is near perfect for your wrist size for going with a dress or sporty look, remember also that the minimal bezels the Stowas have will make the watch face look larger on the wrist, more like a 42mm diver or tachymeter watch with a larger bezel. I'd say the smaller Antea versions wear 2-3mm larger than they actually are due to the very narrow bezel.
    Last edited by ESmooth; April 11th, 2011 at 19:09.

Welcome from another Torontonian.
    Personally of those two you chose I would go with the MO, very classy. It can be dressed up or down.

Maybe a Toronto area member with an MO or Antea can chime in here and perhaps you can meet up with them to see one of their watches. Just a thought.
    BTW, I have a 7.25" wrist and recently picked up a Seiko Orange Monster, it's 42mm, looks just right on my wrist.
    Good luck with your decision.
    | MKII Nassau |
    | Seiko SKX007 |
    | Seiko SRP777 |
    | Nodus Trieste |

ESmooth congrats on the Antea KS!

Nice to see someone from Toronto, Harry! That would be ideal if a Torontonian with a Stowa MO/Antea could take some time out!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information