Price increase at Stowa, Feb 3, 2020 - Page 2
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Price increase at Stowa, Feb 3, 2020

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Re: Price increase at Stowa, Feb 3, 2020

Quote Originally Posted by gangrel View Post
    That presupposes Sellita can increase capacity to cover them. Perhaps so, but not at the drop of a hat. And this means supplies for Sellitas will simply be that much tighter...so prices will rise.
    I doubt they can increase capacity at the drop of a hat. The cost and time to do so would make it extremely difficult. Even if they could I worry about QC.
    We’ll have to see how this affects prices. I’m sure most of us here have plenty enough watches to survive this crisis.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    JacobC likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TgeekB View Post
    I doubt they can increase capacity at the drop of a hat. The cost and time to do so would make it extremely difficult. Even if they could I worry about QC.
    We’ll have to see how this affects prices. I’m sure most of us here have plenty enough watches to survive this crisis.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Yeah most likely. It'll be interesting to watch....no pun intended.

Instagram @open_escapement

BRN

This price hike is palatable in my opinion. It’ll just add a sense of urgency to purchase a Stowa before any further increases occur as ETA movements dry up.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Guess im pulling the trigger on that 2nd Stowa watch before the price hike.

Sent from my rotary phone using Crapatalk

I know it won't get to say "Swiss Made" on the dials, but this is an opportunity for Asian manufacturers with established QC practices for movements (long winded way to say Seiko and Citizen) and ability to invest to step in. There are some German brands (Laco) who use Miyota movements...
    Citizen isn't manufacturing a refined automatic movement, but certainly could. They have a history of high quality hand wound movements and also automatic chronographs - so they're clearly capable. Obviously, Seiko could step up to fill a void as well.
    Hopefully in the long run, consumers will benefit somehow, even though right now it sure seems like the opposite!

Stowa doesn’t say “Swiss made” anywhere. It mostly doesn’t say anything on the dial, but when it does, it certainly isn’t Swiss.

Next, Laco uses Miyota only on their low end models.

Third, I have nothing against Seiko, but they are far worse than ETA. Accuracy typically in the +/- 35 seconds, their low end movements are far from great, whereas ETA movements are typically in the +/-10 seconds per day, and can be cosc calibrated. That isn’t to say Seiko isn’t capable - it certainly is, their Spring Drive movements are world class, but their lower end movements are not that great.

I usually don't feel bad for Swatch as they're the big kid on the block, but this can't be what they had in mind as they invested in & developed ETA's capabilities.

I was wondering when this whole ETA issue would blow up. While I can see some obvious replacements for the eta 2824, the Peseux 7001 is more difficult to find an equally sized and thin replacement for.

In other words, what will happen to the antea ks series? To prevent that whole issue I pulled the trigger on the antea ks rose. Ive been eying it for over a year now and combined with a 100 euro voucher I still had, this puts the price just under 1000. Pictures etc will happen when I get my hands on it.

jmariorebelo and SSK877 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by woiter View Post
    I was wondering when this whole ETA issue would blow up. While I can see some obvious replacements for the eta 2824, the Peseux 7001 is more difficult to find an equally sized and thin replacement for.

In other words, what will happen to the antea ks series? To prevent that whole issue I pulled the trigger on the antea ks rose. Ive been eying it for over a year now and combined with a 100 euro voucher I still had, this puts the price just under 1000. Pictures etc will happen when I get my hands on it.

I recently mentioned my desire for an Antea KS to my wife and last night we had this short conversation:

Me: I just learned that Stowa will be raising the prices for all of their watches on Monday.
    Wife: You just got a watch for Christmas.
    Me:.....................dammit.
    elbilo likes this.

BRN

Quote Originally Posted by SSK877 View Post
    I recently mentioned my desire for an Antea KS to my wife and last night we had this short conversation:

Me: I just learned that Stowa will be raising the prices for all of their watches on Monday.
    Wife: You just got a watch for Christmas.
    Me:.....................dammit.
    I'm also in the same corner. I'm considering a Stowa but I just purchased my Nomos in December. lol,
    SSK877 likes this.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information