Problems with Advent Calendar >> official information from STOWA
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Problems with Advent Calendar >> official information from STOWA

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Sponsor / Moderator

Problems with Advent Calendar >> official information from STOWA

Hello everybody,

i just want to inform you that we maybe have to stop the actual advent calendar in the reason of to much technical problems.

Now we have many customers who insult us for this and before we will loose the control (and some of the worldwide good STOWA reputation) we think to stop it.

It makes no sense when a good idea has its limitation in the reason of technical reasons and this ends to bad feelings for customers and blaming against STOWA.

I have to realize this circumstance and i think - if we can´t stop at Monday the problems - i will stop the calendar.

One problem is now that to many people - around 500 - 1000 each day try to connect with the calendar at the same time to the same item.

I wish you a nice weekend and let´s see whats happen on Monday. ;)

best regards

Jörg Schauer
    Last edited by Jörg Schauer; December 12th, 2015 at 13:16.

Re: Problems with Advent Calendar >> official information from STOWA

hmm, happy and sad about this.

Happy that more and more people recognize Stowa, sad that Advent calender may have to stop.

i think the word "insult" and "blaming" is too negative, im not sure if there's really people who insult and blame, maybe just some meaning lost in translation by Jorg tho.

But i believe some change of format definitely needed to allow everyone to enjoy the event.

What happen to the rest of the goodies if AC stop?

Jörg, I'm sorry to hear that you've received so much criticism for what is in my opinion a very fun and nice event. I hope you know that there are many more fans (I would suggest the number of which greatly outnumbers the dissenters) who enjoy the contest for exactly what it is, without concern for any connection problems. I have been too late for some of the items I would have considered purchasing (until today, scored a multi tool!), but that hasn't lessened the experience for me; I'm a big fan of the advent calendar and hope it can continue. Cheers!
    Tommywine0 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Mr Schauer, please don't give up.

In fact I have no intention to buy anything during this advent calendar offer. But I still love to see what have been offered. Sometimes, seeing some special models (e.g. With old logo) is simply fun. (Of course, if I have unlimited fund, I would like to buy something from this advent calendar offer.)

We, your watch fans, support you and Stowa all the way!
    Bucherer | Casio G-Shock | Citizen | Damasko | Glycine | Hamilton | Junghans | Laco | Meistersinger | Nomos | Omega | Orient Star | Oris | Seiko | Solvil et Titus | Steinhart | Stowa | Tudor | Vostok

What a shame that a few ruin it for the many. I vote that the AC continue this year and for many more.

FWIW the only thing that could ever tarnish the good Stowa name would be low quality and that will never be the issue as long as Jorg is in charge. Carry on as planned with the AC and disregard the few disgruntled would be customers that are mad they can't purchase a Stowa at a discounted price. I truly believe that Jorg created the AC in the spirit of giving back a little to customers that Jorg holds in high regards. Please don't let the few ruin it for the rest of the Stowa fans around the world that appreciate Jorgs generosity during the holiday season.
    Tommywine0 likes this.

Oh No!! I will be sad if the Advent Calendar has to stop. I view it as a reward and something fun for your fans. It doesn't bother me if I'm unable to get something into my cart during the frenzy. I have low expectations just based what I feel are low odds (confirmed by Jorg in the OP). I think it's fair to remind customers that Stowa isn't Amazon or Ali Baba.

I also realize that it's a web traffic generator for Stowa and a successful one at that. As the brand grows, I'm sure Stowa wants to make sure a potential customer's first interaction with them is a positive one.

Sigh. But it's a good problem to have! Much better than no web traffic at all. Best of luck on Monday! If changes need to be made, I have confidence Stowa will do so thoughtfully. I, as a fan, will support whatever is decided.
    omeglycine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Up-n-coming View Post
    What a shame that a few ruin it for the many. I vote that the AC continue this year and for many more.

FWIW the only thing that could ever tarnish the good Stowa name would be low quality and that will never be the issue as long as Jorg is in charge. Carry on as planned with the AC and disregard the few disgruntled would be customers that are mad they can't purchase a Stowa at a discounted price. I truly believe that Jorg created the AC in the spirit of giving back a little to customers that Jorg holds in high regards. Please don't let the few ruin it for the rest of the Stowa fans around the world that appreciate Jorgs generosity during the holiday season.
    You word it as if the problem is the people who give feedback? Why give general comment that "people mad that they cant purchase at discounted price"?

Even mentioned by Tiger-rider just a post before you, sometimes, people just want to check out the deal.

Jorg already mentioned in this post, the problem is the server load where like 500++ people try to load the page at the same time.

Jorg says people are insulting him. It must be people who feel they are locked out of purchasing because of high traffic. They must be voicing their negative opinion by email, no? If you just wanted to see what the offering was then who cares if you see it a half hour later. These are people who can't purchase at a discount. Anyone that knows watches knows that Stowe's sold at Jorgs regular web price are still a bargain in the watch world. Honestly these complainers shouldn't be catered to nor should they be considered coveted customers to begin with.

To do away with the AC because of server overload is lunacy.

Case in point. I got my Sterling dial MO on day one of last years AC. I bought it four hours after it was first shown. Why was it still there? Because the bargain hunters passed it up as too expensive! I checked the link backs to day one of last years AC and thats what they were saying as to why nobody bought it right away on blogs in China and in Australia, "Too expensive"! Evidently it's the cheapos complaining, not the people who are just curious as to what is being offered.

I'm a realist and in my opinion the only people that would be frustrated enough to fire off a nasty email to Stowa would be those that were denied purchasing a watch due to server overload.

What a shame such a wonderful time of year has turned into this. Reminds me of that contest Stowa held with such good intention last July. Pitiful imo.
    Last edited by Up-n-coming; December 12th, 2015 at 19:10.

Quote Originally Posted by Up-n-coming View Post
    Jorg says people are insulting him. It must be people who feel they are locked out of purchasing because of high traffic. They must be voicing their negative opinion by email, no? If you just wanted to see what the offering was then who cares if you see it a half hour later. These are people who can't purchase at a discount. Anyone that knows watches knows that Stowa's sold at Jorgs regular web price are still a bargain in the watch world. Honestly these complainers shouldn't be catered to nor should they be considered coveted customers to begin with.

To do away with the AC because of server overload is lunacy.
    Thats why i said, you have no context of what transpire and what is the nature of feedback, Jorg is not a native English speaker, thats why dont take it that seriously with the choice of word.

Anyhow, its a valid feedback that people do complaint that they are not giving fair chance.

Btw, Jorg didnt said people insult him, he mentioned "insult us", so to me, it could be really meant, people feedback their dissatisfaction to Stowa.
    Last edited by hidden830726; December 12th, 2015 at 19:07.

Stowa, Jorg and "us" are one in the same imo when it comes to his company. None the less he's getting hate mail. People should just chill. Who ever said life was fair?

AC should go on!!!
    Last edited by Up-n-coming; December 12th, 2015 at 19:26.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information