Problems of Customs Clearrance By Fedex in Shanghai, China. Help me pls!!!

Thread: Problems of Customs Clearrance By Fedex in Shanghai, China. Help me pls!!!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Confused Problems of Customs Clearance By Fedex in Shanghai, China. Help me pls!!!

My Fedex parcel was sent out from Stowa on July 25 and successfully arrived at Shanghai Customs in China on July 28. But Fedex now has some problems in the customs clearance of this parcel and the story went like this:

1. On July 28, I provided the necessary documents to Fedex according to their requests, such as items decription in this parcel, price of the items, usage of the items (for personal use of course) and so on.

2. They called me today to inform me that the customs clearance was delayed because the customs don't accept the customs clearance for this parcel for the purpose of private use. And the whole process was stopped and there is no very clear direction for them to go instead of endless waiting.

3. They gave me 3 options:
    Opion1: Claim the parcel as trade articles, which will be certain that it's acceptable by the customs. But some other import and export companies have to do this since they don't have the qualifications. For sure, they will help to prepare the necessary documents.
    Option 2: Discuss the issue with Stowa for the solution of this issue
    Option3: Give it back to Stowa with the agreement of both Stowa and me

And my comments are as follows:

Option 1: Refused by me

Learning from the watch forums in China, all the Stowa owners now they got the watches at that time under the condition that Fedex took care of both shipping and customs clearance. Of course, they paid the tariff when they got the watches from Fedex. Besides, all the parcels were claimed as private parcels and the process was quite smooth.

If I nodded to appoint some other companies to do the clearance and claim the parcel as trade articles, I would be definitely charged much higher tariff (And don't forget, the tarrif is 30% of the claimed value for the private parcels). Futhermore, let's say if there are some unexpected things happned, it's really out of controll, since there are 4 parties who involed in this topic instead of 3.

Option 3: Haven't considered
    I have been keeping waiting for the delivery for quite a long time and I won't let them go easily, haha... I'm eager to get them asap.

Option 2: Accepted
    According to their suggestions,before this, it will be helpful that if the Fedex tracing no. of the parcels sent out from Stowa to China within more or less the same period can be provided. Upon this information, they will check them and try to clarify the solution.

Hi Joerg, if you have the chance to visit the forum during your holiday, could you pls kindly give me a hand with this issue?

For those who will be the new owners of Stowa in China, could you pls help to post your tracing no. here as well?

By the way, mine is 790058527665 which covers 1 Airman Automatic and 1 Antea KS plus some additional straps. Total: EUR885 (shipping cost excluded)

Thank you guys for your great help in advance.
    Last edited by Darren Zhu; July 29th, 2008 at 12:47.

Re: Problems of Customs Clearance By Fedex in Shanghai, China. Help me pls!!!

Hi Darren Zhu,

I'm so sorry to tell you that STOWA is closed till middle of august, due to vacation.

brainless

stuffler,mike

Re: Problems of Customs Clearrance By Fedex in Shanghai, China. Help me pls!!!

I am wondering what the help of Stowa could be about regarding this customs clearance problem in Shanghai. I am sure they filled in the form properly (as Stowa always do ). So I am really interested in getting to know what the Stowa contribution to solve the problem could be ?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike View Post
    I am wondering what the help of Stowa could be about regarding this customs clearance problem in Shanghai. I am sure they filled in the form properly (as Stowa always do ). So I am really interested in getting to know what the Stowa contribution to solve the problem could be ?
    Quite agree with you Mike, for sure, Stowa filled in the forms properly.

But don't forget, Fedex is their official logistic partner. And when you eidt the shopping cart, "Shippment to Asia by Fedex" is must rather than you can choose the freight forwarder. So in this sense, in case the custmer can't get the ordered items, they should help to solve the problem as well I think.

On ther other hand, there's no doubt that Fedex should solve the problem cause the customers paid for their service. I've already pushed Fedex China quite hard but it seemed that they can do nothing now but wait. According to them, "since the claimed value for this parcel is EUR 885 (shipping cost excluded), which is high above the limitation for the criteria for private parcel claim. And the criteria is RMB 1K".

That's ridiculous. We all know, there are no models in STOWA selling lower than EUR 375. Learning from the email with Joerg a few weeks ago, they shipped several watches every month to China. If what Fedex said is ture, there will be no Stowa owners in China at all. For sure, it's no the truth.

Frankly speaking ,it's the fantastic feedback about the great service of Stowa and Fedex here that peruaded me to choose my dear Stowa.

Up to now, I'm quite empressed by the service provided by Stowa but I'm not sure about Fedex. (at least, I feel sth now).

I'm not complaining. Mike, pls don't block this thread. Besides the overwhelming good feedbacks from the Stowa owners, sth negative shoud have their place here, I think.

It is hard to imagine that the Chinese government would not have an additional category for people importing goods for their own personal use. It is equally hard to say that this is anyone's fault other than your own government. Are you certain that you spoke to someone who actually knows the import laws and practices?

Given that Stowa is now closed for holidays, your only option would be to put yourself at the mercy of FedEx to help you. Perhaps they have run into this situation before and may be able to offer a suggestion as to how to solve the problem. If, in fact, you are being told the truth about the situation, then goods shipped to China via FedEx must have been stopped before.

I do not envy you your situation, or, unfortunately, your government.
    Casio: PAW1300-1V
    Nomos: Tangomat (Zeta), Tetra Large (Alpha)
    Rolex: Air King (ca. 1982), Cellini (c.a. 1980)
    Seiko: SNM009 White Samurai, SKX781 Orange Monster, SBDC003 Blue Sumo, SBDC005 Orange Sumo,SNKF07 "BFS", SKX007, 6306 - 7001, 6105 - 8119, 6309 - 7040, SBDX001 Marine Master 300,KS 5625-7040 Hi-Beat Chronometer, SPB015J1 Double Retrograde
    Stowa: Marine Original (Serial), Fleiger Original (Serial)
    Tutima: F2 PR

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Zhu View Post
    I'm not complaining. Mike, pls don't block this thread. Besides the overwhelming good feedbacks from the Stowa owners, sth negative shoud have their place here, I think.
    You are in fact complaining, and blaming Stowa for something they can do absolutely nothing about.

It's very unfortunate that (apparently) your government's customs regime sucks or at least has some degree of randomness to it, however, if you buy something abroad there always is a customs risk involved. I'd say that risk has become greater because you ordered two watches in a single shipment, which at least hints at some sort of irregularity: pretty much everyone I tell I have more than one watch gives me a funny look - I can imagine a custom official wondering about why someone would want two watches as well.

The customs risk is your problem, not the seller's/shipper's: you're barking up the wrong tree here. Plus, you've only been in contact with FedEx for one day. I think you've been told before in this very forum that patience is a virtue.
    Stowa Antea Creme, without date
    Broadarrow PRS-3
    Wrist: 8.5" or 21,5 cm

Sponsor / Moderator

Dear Darren,

i am sorry that you have problems with custom.

I try to do what i can do (i can phone them tomorrow and ask for the problems).

But we have filled out everything correct and it seems that this problem is a single and unique problem - maybe the people who handle this watch are not informed perfect.

This is the only answer i can give at the moment because we have send several watches last week to china and all come through custom without problems.

I try to solve the problem - be patience the next 2-3 days.

Basicly Fedex informed us that there can be delays i the reason of the olympic games.
    I can´t imagine realy but maybe they are more carefuly than it is normaly ?

Best regards from Jörg Schauer

Thank you so much for your quick rerply, Joerg! That's gorgeous!

Ok, I'm waiting with patience.

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Zhu View Post
    Thank you so much for your quick rerply, Joerg! That's gorgeous!

Ok, I'm waiting with patience.
    Out of curiosity, which watches do you have coming, Darren?

Read the first post
    You`re interested in stopwatches? Please visit
    http://stopwatches.forum24.se

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information