Problems with Fedex

Thread: Problems with Fedex

Problems with Fedex

After being very excited by the prospect of getting my recently ordered watch so quickly, (scheduled for delivery by 3pm today) I just received this message from Fedex:

"Reason For Delay:Recommended Action:1. Description provided is insufficient to classify commodity.Shipper or Importer must provide a more detailed description of goods.2. Commercial Invoice is incomplete.Shipper or Importer must provide a completed Commercial Invoice."

Does anyone have experience dealing with fedex / tips to get this resolved quickly? I'm having them fax me the invoice, but after speaking with a rep at stowa, it seems that there's nobody around to deal with this until tomorrow. Perhaps I should just be patient, but it's hard when I know that the watch is so close!

Stefan

I've requested that they send me the invoice

Re: Problems with Fedex

i think Stowa should should just switch couriers....since the majority of their customers are from out of Germany/Europe, they should see if there are more viable options.

Personally, i find irregardless of which country, using the country's local carrier is best for recipients.

Here we go again! Based on my recent experience, it will eventually sort itself out. You must be patient. Send an email to [email protected] detailing what you know. Then go to sleep for a few days.
    Casio: PAW1300-1V
    Nomos: Tangomat (Zeta), Tetra Large (Alpha)
    Rolex: Air King (ca. 1982), Cellini (c.a. 1980)
    Seiko: SNM009 White Samurai, SKX781 Orange Monster, SBDC003 Blue Sumo, SBDC005 Orange Sumo,SNKF07 "BFS", SKX007, 6306 - 7001, 6105 - 8119, 6309 - 7040, SBDX001 Marine Master 300,KS 5625-7040 Hi-Beat Chronometer, SPB015J1 Double Retrograde
    Stowa: Marine Original (Serial), Fleiger Original (Serial)
    Tutima: F2 PR

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Indeed ... patience is key, although something I tend to lack

I'm posting this as it may help customers in future:

After several phone calls, and some confusion eventually I managed to speak with someone at Fedex who was in charge of the transaction. They said that it got held up at customs because the form specified two items, but the description was just for one watch. I explained that it was likely 1 item = watch, the second item = the strap. That was enough explanation. Then, they said that because of the nature of the item, they needed to provide customs with a federal tax id, or social security number. I gave them this over the phone, they said that they would submit it to customs and the item should be released within 24 hours.

Interestingly (to me at least), the way it works is:
    while the shipment is in the air, forms are submitted to customs. If there is any information that is incomplete/missing, the item gets stuck at customs at the airport in the "bond cage". When full information is received, the item is released.

It's a little surprising the SSN is needed - I wonder if others have had this experience , or it's just a one-off

Have a look at one of the posts in https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=201677. Someone mentioned they were asked for their SIN.
    Casio: PAW1300-1V
    Nomos: Tangomat (Zeta), Tetra Large (Alpha)
    Rolex: Air King (ca. 1982), Cellini (c.a. 1980)
    Seiko: SNM009 White Samurai, SKX781 Orange Monster, SBDC003 Blue Sumo, SBDC005 Orange Sumo,SNKF07 "BFS", SKX007, 6306 - 7001, 6105 - 8119, 6309 - 7040, SBDX001 Marine Master 300,KS 5625-7040 Hi-Beat Chronometer, SPB015J1 Double Retrograde
    Stowa: Marine Original (Serial), Fleiger Original (Serial)
    Tutima: F2 PR

Quote Originally Posted by redbike View Post
    ...Then go to sleep for a few days.
    Brilliant
    Antea Black (Date - Milanaise Bracelet)
    Antea Creme COSC (No Date - Blued Hands)
    Antea KS
    Black Forest Flieger LE
    Flieger B-Uhr
    Flieger 2801 LE

Marine 2801 HW
    Marine Original
    Chrono 1938 Black
    Seatime Blue (ProDiver Bezel)
    Seatime WUS LE
    70's Quartz,
    Vintage PUW

I had the same thing happen with a shipment from Time Factors last year. FEDEX always rake me over the coals for customs and brokerage fees
    "Deeds, not words, shall speak me." - John Fletcher

Be careful of giving out SS#. I take it you're in USA? I got my Stowa last month via Fedex, no problem, got tracking info from germany, delivered on schedule...but I didn't order an extra strap, I'm surprised at what happened to you. About a week, 10 days after I recvd. watch I got a bill from fedex for custom duty and fee......3% or so plus $5 for fedex's fee...not as bad as some posts I've read here...less than Calif. sales tax!