ProDiver questions

Thread: ProDiver questions

ProDiver questions

Don't post here all that often, great site though!

Couple questions:

1. Current wait. Site says June, is this still the case?

2. I'm digging the black face. Not sure about the hand color though, I like the black, but you can't really see the second hand against the dial when it's black. Orange is cool, but maybe a bit too orange. I've seen a couple photos on the web with silver hands. Does anyone now if this is still available?

3. COSC, worth the cost? USA buyer here.

Thanks!
    Blue.

Re: ProDiver questions

You will get the right answer to your questions after having sent an email to:

[email protected]

Volker

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blue575 View Post
    Most likely: Yes but as already suggested e-mail Stowa at info @ stowa.de

2. I'm digging the black face. Not sure about the hand color though, I like the black, but you can't really see the second hand against the dial when it's black. Orange is cool, but maybe a bit too orange. I've seen a couple photos on the web with silver hands. Does anyone now if this is still available?
    Those versions available are listed on the web site. However I am sure Jörg will be pleased to customize if possible.

3. COSC, worth the cost?
    There have been a lot of threads here and on other fora as well discussing this question. Please use the search function to find out more.
    Last edited by stuffler,mike; April 29th, 2011 at 14:13.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

1. Current wait. Site says June, is this still the case? Yes. I ordered a Prodiver and I just got an email from Stowa that said they were out of ETA 2824 movements and they are awaiting delivery of some more. They expect them soon and to expect delivery of the watch in June. I ordered two months ago.

2. I'm digging the black face. Not sure about the hand color though, I like the black, but you can't really see the second hand against the dial when it's black. Orange is cool, but maybe a bit too orange. I've seen a couple photos on the web with silver hands. Does anyone now if this is still available? I was torn on the hands to. The black face is beautiful. Not enough contrast with the black hands, so I went with the orange. I don't know how the silver would look, but I'm not that adventurous to try.

3. COSC, worth the cost? USA buyer here. Not worth the cost in my opinion. The 2824 is going to keep COSC time anyway. Why pay more? You will never make up the extra cost if you decide to sell the watch later. In fact, I don 't know if you'd be able to sell it for much more than a non-COSC version.
    whaler

Doxa Sub 750T Sharkhunter
    Doxa Sub 750T Searambler

Thanks for the replies. I heard back from Stowa on the nickel hands, rather than the black. Still available, just have to mention it in the order.

Current wait is still June, site is up to date with that.

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by blue575 View Post
    Don't post here all that often, great site though!

Couple questions:

3. COSC, worth the cost? USA buyer here.

Thanks!
    Blue.

Hey Blue, never had a problem with the hands on the black dial, melon dial was my favorite,
    both PD's were non-COSC and kept excellent time (+2 seconds a day)

Great divers, built like a tank

Best,

Lenny

Hi,

I have personally seen 2 PD:s. My own blue dial and white hands. Another one (my friends) what is black dial with orange-white hands. Both models are very easy to read.

To COSC point I think that no one can say that "because non-COSC 2824 is so accurate you don´t need COSC -movement ". I have many 2824 -movement watches and most are very accurate. Fact is that COSC (as Top) -versions do have better parts. COSC-movements propably will run longer time more accurate than basic versions. Bottom line at least to me is that those are 2 different movements.

That said so what? Is it 20 vs 40 years or what?

JP

Thread Information