ProDiver and SeaTime
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: ProDiver and SeaTime

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

ProDiver and SeaTime

I may be in the market for a dive watch in the near future and have recently started looking at Stowa. Seems to be a good watch for the money backed by good service. I love the style of the case and bracelet on these watches.

What are the differences between the Seatime and ProDiver?

Do all the Prodivers come with the cool metal case?

Re: ProDiver and SeaTime

Having had a Seatime and now a proud owner of the Pro-Diver I can say there are some differences and some sililarities.

The case is the same for both watches except for the He valve at 8 o'clock otherwise the case is identical. The crystal is different though. The PD has a domed Sapphire crystal which I think has an AR coating on the inside although it is not described as having one there is a blue tinge at certain angles and minimal refraction so I believe it has one. The PD is just about one mm thicker. Also the other big difference is the hands and dial. Much more lume on the Pro-Diver. However both watch have excellent Lume and you will be happy with either. Also there is a 700 meter water resistance depth rating gain to the Pro-Diver at 1000meters wr vs. 300meter wr for the Seatime. Again both are extremely good in their respective depth ratings.

The subtle differences are enough for me to say the PD is worth the extra cost. I love the domed crystal as it has a lot less refraction compared to the flat crystal of the seatime. The Lume is awesome on the PD as well are the thicker hands. If you are going to spend $700-$800 on a Seatime I would argue that the extra $400 or so is well spent for the PD. There is a forum member that may be able to help if you do not buy through Stowa by the name of Rescue Diver.

I can say this for the money I have not seen a better watch inn this catagory. My PD is the coolest looking, most functional watch I hhave ever owned. The quality of Stowa is unequal to anything else I have ever owned at any price! I highly reccomend either Seatime or Pro-Diver you will be happy with any one you choose!! One other thing to consider is there are more dial colors available for the PD.

In my estimation, once you own a Stowa you will want another one, and you will be highly satisfied with the look, quality, and function. I honestly can't say enough about this line of watches. I sold my U1 for a PD and have no regrets. In fact I am much more happy with the PD in every aspect. Submarine steel and tegimented bezel are nice but they do not really make the watch any tougher. Of course you can buy a new bezel inn a variety of styles for your Seatime or pro-diver. So when you want a face lift you can buy a new bezel. What other watch offers this??

Just buy one you will not regret it. I will post a full review of my PD soon.

One last item it is a large watch but it is very comfortable for its size. Just amazing design, everything has been well thought out and executed!!

Robert
    J C likes this.
    Damasko DA38, Marathon Gsar (medium)

All Stowas come with the "cool metal case", but the packaging should be the last thing you concern yourself with Rob said about all that's necessary. Stowa makes great watches be they divers or otherwise. I'm wearing a Stowa Icarus (no longer available) as I type this. Like all Stowa watches, it's beauty in simplicity.
    Cheers,
    Bruce
    Wear what you like.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I pulled the trigger last night on a lime green Prodiver. Great looking watch in any color. If I decide I can't stand the dial color I'll send it in for a rhodium replacement.

Thanks for the info guys, that helps. They sound and look great...I just might have to do it.

Peter- Nice to see another USNer here, I think that lime green dial is cool...let me know what you think of it when you get it. Oh, and I finally got around to picking up a Prybaby at the Chicago show last weekend and I can't imagine why I went so long without one. What a great little keychain device!

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Atwood
    I pulled the trigger last night on a lime green Prodiver. Great looking watch in any color. If I decide I can't stand the dial color I'll send it in for a rhodium replacement.
    Love to hear your take on it Peter...
    (USNer here too.)
    Last edited by LW McVay; September 18th, 2006 at 00:10.

Good to see you guys here as well. :)

I just think that the dial design is superb and the color works so nicely with the black outline on the hands. There is an aesthetic harmony going on there that makes it one beautiful package. A very nice looking watch and I can't imagine that I won't be thrilled with it.

From the style of the hands and the dial printing I am certain that it must be done at the same shop that does the Limes divers that I am so smitten with. I tell you, there is something about about the crisp functional German designs that just plain leave the Swiss in the dust IMO.

I have a couple general questions but don't want to clutter the place up with a new thread.

What is the strap size on this watch?

What is the width of the bracelet and does it taper?

Does it take two screwdrivers to size the bracelet or just one? What size?

Thanks!!!

I think the bracelet width is 22 mm., non tapering, someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
    Here's a blatant plug for this one which I'm currently waiting for:
    "Time is the school in which we learn. Time is the fire in which we burn."

Quote Originally Posted by slide13
    I have a couple general questions but don't want to clutter the place up with a new thread.

What is the strap size on this watch?

What is the width of the bracelet and does it taper?

Does it take two screwdrivers to size the bracelet or just one? What size?

Thanks!!!
    questions are good!

As Tragic said 22mm and it does not taper.

It only takes one small jewelers screwdriver to change the links. It is very easy to do. The bracelet is also thick probably about 4mm or so.

A really nice brushed finish and it has a five link design. This makes the band very comfortable.

Good Luck!!

R
    Damasko DA38, Marathon Gsar (medium)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information