Prodiver and Seatime finish
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By senna89wc12
  • 1 Post By Nokie

Thread: Prodiver and Seatime finish

Prodiver and Seatime finish

I had a mostly subjective question I was curious about...how does the bead-blasted finish on a Ti case (like the Prodivers and Seatimes) look in comparison to a brushed finish? It's hard to tell from photos but the brushed finish appears more refined and elegant. I guess I'm curious, if you own a Prodiver or Seatime, what your overall opinion of the finish is. Does it look very industrial and plain, or does it look more refined than the photos of these watches?

Thanks.

Re: Prodiver and Seatime finish

The Ti case is definitely darker and dull compared to the brushed finish. Put your finger on the surface and you will realize it feels like a very fine sandpaper. It is much more uniform in terms of the finish and thus much more "one-tone". On the other hand, the brushed finish has the more elegant brush line and a bit more vibrant in the texture and feel.

Name:  ST2.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  112.3 KB
    robi1138 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by senna89wc12 View Post
    The Ti case is definitely darker and dull compared to the brushed finish. Put your finger on the surface and you will realize it feels like a very fine sandpaper. It is much more uniform in terms of the finish and thus much more "one-tone". On the other hand, the brushed finish has the more elegant brush line and a bit more vibrant in the texture and feel.
    Thanks! As a follow up, does the finish appear, for lack of a better term, lacking in any way (in comparison to a brushed finish) or is appropriate for this watch in your opinion?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The bead blasted finish is a perfect fit for the Prodiver/Seatime imo. Some might prefer the brushed finish because there seems to be more lines to be looked at and it is a bit more shiny which make the case line amd shape more stand out. Especially Stowa/Mr. Schauer is well known for their brushed finish on stainless steel. I think for a tool watch such as this the dull finish brings more character to it. The ti case look even darker than the old ss case which makes the watch remarkably more unique.

Quote Originally Posted by senna89wc12 View Post
    The bead blasted finish is a perfect fit for the Prodiver/Seatime imo. Some might prefer the brushed finish because there seems to be more lines to be looked at and it is a bit more shiny which make the case line amd shape more stand out. Especially Stowa/Mr. Schauer is well known for their brushed finish on stainless steel. I think for a tool watch such as this the dull finish brings more character to it. The ti case look even darker than the old ss case which makes the watch remarkably more unique.
    Great! Thank you!

It matches the overall look of the watch very nicely, IMHO.
    robi1138 likes this.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

Thread Information