ProDiver w/ white dial

Thread: ProDiver w/ white dial

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    redstart

ProDiver w/ white dial: [ignore; question answered]

Does anyone have a photo of a ProDiver with the white dial (still being offered on the Stowa shop website)? I can't recall ever seeing one. (I don't mean the rhodium dial.)

I guess it's obvious by now: I'm plotting another Stowa purchase.

Never mind. I just found Mike Stuffler's previously posted photo. Thanks, Mike.
    Last edited by redstart; September 5th, 2006 at 15:06.

Re: ProDiver w/ white dial: [ignore; question answered]

I think the white dial looks sweet.
    ToddH

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." Albert Einstein

Are you plotting a Prodiver/Seatime mix?
    ToddH

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." Albert Einstein

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

That's the impression I'm getting. It's like watching a mad scientist run around in a lab.

redstart

Quote Originally Posted by JCKoLnturn
    That's the impression I'm getting. It's like watching a mad scientist run around in a lab.
    Well, here's where I stand (feet wide apart in three different decision camps). I have a Seatime yellow-dial chronometer. I'd love to upgrade to a ProDiver, but I'm not at all comfortable with the ProDiver's dial or bezel. I'm wondering how to come up with a PD whose looks I'd be enthusiastic about.

The alternative is to stay with my Seatime (and possibly sending it in to swap the yellow dial for a black one -- hmm, wonder if there's a white Seatime dial still lurking somewhere in Pforzheim).

I swear I wouldn't even be thinking about this if my Glycine Lagunare weren't still somewhere in Switzerland!

What is it about the prodiver that you are after? Once you change the dial and bezel, they pretty much look the same except for the hands. Do you need the higher depth rating? I never considered the Prodiver when I was deciding because the most depth my watches usually see is the bottom of a 4 foot pool which is about 1.3 meters. If I go in the ocean swimming it will see between 2 and 3 meters...maybe.

redstart

Quote Originally Posted by JCKoLnturn
    What is it about the prodiver that you are after? Once you change the dial and bezel, they pretty much look the same except for the hands. Do you need the higher depth rating? I never considered the Prodiver when I was deciding because the most depth my watches usually see is the bottom of a 4 foot pool which is about 1.3 meters. If I go in the ocean swimming it will see between 2 and 3 meters...maybe.
    A very good question indeed! I'll put it to myself, then sleep on it. Thanks.

Re: ProDiver w/ white dial

Hello,

I really don´t consider the depth rate of a diver watch to be the most important thing... unless you need it for a backup for professional diving. By the way I don´t dive at all.

However the technical aspect is fascinating and the fact, that the watch could go that deep in theory. :-D

Therefore I took a closer look at the cx Swiss Military with its 12.000 feet capability and ordered one accidentally.

If we think about the more technical things in our daily life e.g. special sports shoes, professional tennis rackets and other high-end things such as expensive handy, high mega pixel cameras and so on, one has to admit, that wo often do keep within a limit and don´t exceed them.

So there always seems to be a reason for getting little more than in fact needed, just to have sufficient reserves for your ego... :-S :-D

I´ll never go far beyond 3 meters water depth, but just knowing that the heavy workhorse timepiece on your wrist could easily exceed your own limits is stunning and outstanding...
    Current watches: only a few
    Sold watches: too many

redstart

Quote Originally Posted by moby711
    Hello,

I really don´t consider the depth rate of a diver watch to be the most important thing... unless you need it for a backup for professional diving. By the way I don´t dive at all.

However the technical aspect is fascinating and the fact, that the watch could go that deep in theory. :-D

Therefore I took a closer look at the cx Swiss Military with its 12.000 feet capability and ordered one accidentally.

If we think about the more technical things in our daily life e.g. special sports shoes, professional tennis rackets and other high-end things such as expensive handy, high mega pixel cameras and so on, one has to admit, that wo often do keep within a limit and don´t exceed them.

So there always seems to be a reason for getting little more than in fact needed, just to have sufficient reserves for your ego... :-S :-D

I´ll never go far beyond 3 meters water depth, but just knowing that the heavy workhorse timepiece on your wrist could easily exceed your own limits is stunning and outstanding...
    Well, I guess I'm covered then. Nice to know that my current signature is not an item for which I have no defense.

- lauro

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information