Quality control issues with new TO1
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Quality control issues with new TO1

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quality control issues with new TO1

So I finally received my new TO1 today but have some issues with it. If you look at the pictures below, The finishing around the triangle on the bezel seems unfinished and the Superluminova paint job on the edges of the hands seems very sloppy. The issue with the hands is not exactly visible without magnification but the triangle issue is and is disconcerting. Anybody with a TO1 (or other Stowa watch) have these issues?
    Attached Images Attached Images

re: Quality control issues with new TO1

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yours looks better than mine...how do the edges of the hands look?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Sponsor / Moderator

Dear robi1138,

its me Jörg Schauer.
    I just saw this pictures and i can tell you two things.

1 - the bezel is not realy perfect - maybe at the last work to put in the triangle something happen!?- please return your watch and we pay of course shipping costs and replacement.

2 - The hands are different, the white color which is under the Superluminova has this a "little bit rough" surface at the side of the hands, but only to see with a really big makro objektiv and picture.

The side of the hands are colored and the side is a little bit rougher than the bigger surface of the hand.

But this is not to chance and only to see in a very big makropicture.

The hands itselfs are coated with Superluminova by hand in switzerland - this occurs sometimes also a bit difference between the one handpair on this watch and a other handpair on a other watch.

but this is not a basic quality issue.

Of course if the coated Superluminova has a quality issue we would change or replace, thats no matter.

But i will also have a look at your hands!

Please be in contact with Mr.Auer under [email protected] and please arrange shipment back with her.

I am sorry, but i have first to check whats happen with this bezel because like you can read here, the STOWA quality is always getting big points.

But sometimes there are some small matters also happen with STOWA, i am sorry.

Best regards

Jörg Schauer
    CEO STOWA

Quote Originally Posted by Jörg Schauer View Post
    Dear robi1138,

its me Jörg Schauer.
    I just saw this pictures and i can tell you two things.

1 - the bezel is not realy perfect - maybe at the last work to put in the triangle something happen!?- please return your watch and we pay of course shipping costs and replacement.

2 - The hands are different, the white color which is under the Superluminova has this a "little bit rough" surface at the side of the hands, but only to see with a really big makro objektiv and picture.

The side of the hands are colored and the side is a little bit rougher than the bigger surface of the hand.

But this is not to chance and only to see in a very big makropicture.

The hands itselfs are coated with Superluminova by hand in switzerland - this occurs sometimes also a bit difference between the one handpair on this watch and a other handpair on a other watch.

but this is not a basic quality issue.

Of course if the coated Superluminova has a quality issue we would change or replace, thats no matter.

But i will also have a look at your hands!

Please be in contact with Mr.Auer under [email protected]stowa.de and please arrange shipment back with her.

I am sorry, but i have first to check whats happen with this bezel because like you can read here, the STOWA quality is always getting big points.

But sometimes there are some small matters also happen with STOWA, i am sorry.

Best regards

Jörg Schauer
    CEO STOWA

Thank you, Jorg...I appreciate it!

I certainly wasn't trying to nitpick any issues but my Stowa Flieger Sport Klassik is flawless (as are other watches I own) so I was a bit surprised. You are correct that most of these issues are not readily visible except under high magnification but I do like to look at my watches up close sometimes and these issues were clearly visible. If the hands are coated elsewhere (and they sometimes have a rough edge), I am fine with that but I will leave it to your inspection when I return it to see if they are too rough or within expectations. I'd certainly appreciate a slight reworking on the bezel if that's not too much trouble.

I've had nothing but great communication in the past with your team (especially Sandra and Barbara) and I look forward to communicating with Mr. Auer.

Thank you again for your attention and response!

Rob

Jorg is most excellent with customer service, so it will be corrected and you will have a great watch.
    robi1138 likes this.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

Stowa: second to none.
    You just can't say enough good things about Jorg and his Stowa customer service.
    That's why Stowa is the only brand I wear.
    Excellent quality matched with excellent support.
    Andy Chen and robi1138 like this.

So I've been in contact with the Stowa team and after some consideration I was going to leave the watch as is (the flaw really is minor), but Stowa offered to send me a new bezel. I've never changed a bezel before but the one on the TO1 removes easily (it's screwed in)...though care must be taken as (as Jorg described).

So all's well that ends well. I'm loving the watch more and more every day and I've posted a few new pics with the buffalo leather strap in the "New TO1 is here" thread.

Thanks again to Jorg and his wonderful staff at Stowa!

Congrats on your TO1! The lume on the bezel is a bit defective, but the new bezel will fix it. Great customer service from Mr. Schauer.

Name:  TO1A4.jpg
Views: 378
Size:  83.4 KB
    robi1138 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by senna89wc12 View Post
    Congrats on your TO1! The lume on the bezel is a bit defective, but the new bezel will fix it. Great customer service from Mr. Schauer.

Name:  TO1A4.jpg
Views: 378
Size:  83.4 KB
    Is the watch made in China? If so then that's expected, low quality.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information