quality watches and antea questions.

Thread: quality watches and antea questions.

quality watches and antea questions.

i have been wanting a quality watch for some time now, but have only recently decided to make the purchase. i guess i started noticing fine watches due to my dad's longines. he has worn it every day since he got it 15 years ago and upon inspecting it recently, discovered that it still looked brand new! he then turned me on the sapphire faces and their sturdiness. he is a pharmacist and wears the watch all day everday. whether he is working on cars, doing yard work or going to church, he always has on his longines. the first watch that caught my eye and i have been wanting for a few years now is the bell & ross vintage 123. however, the 1600 $ price tag is a bit out of my range for now and i would feel a bit more comfortable starting out with something a little cheaper. last night while browsing the internet, i discovered stowa. all i can say is wow, i absolutely love the stowa antea, it is perfect. it's elegant, timeless design is just what i was looking for. i can't believe the affordability in comparrison with the quality! i love the fact that loyal customers definately would pay quite a bit more for these watches, but Jorg keeps the prices fair. i have decided that i am getting one of these for sure and will be ordering it next week. from germany to tulsa, ok. so, now a few questions.

1. the back of the antea is glass so you can see the workings correct? i noticed that on the marine description it specifically says sapphire front and back. the antea doesn't specify, so is the back sapphire glass also? i recall seeing a write up review with pictures between the nomos and the antea and the backs were metal. whats the story?

2. i did a currency converter and found that the antea would be about 377.00 usd. before shipping of course, but is this correct?

3. i wish that the antea had an option for a small circular second hand in 39mm but that isn't an option is it?

anyway, thanks a lot for answering my questions, and i can't wait to join the club!

Re: quality watches and antea questions.

1. Yes, all Stowa watches have sapphire. The early Anteas had a solid back. I believe they had a smaller movement.
    2. It will likely be a bit more to cover conversion rates and such depending on payment method.
    3. The small second is only available in the smaller case handwind.

I like my Antea KS.

Let us know what you think when you get it!

thanks a lot, i appreciate it. i was just wondering if the back was sapphire as well as the front. well, i will be ordering one for sure next week. i will definately post some pics and a review. i can't wait. i'm now trying to talk my brother in law into buying one with me!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Stan, could you post some wrist pictures of your Antea KS?

stuffler,mike

Pic Antea KS

Would pics made by Baptista be helpful ?

Click here !

Here is one with the bracelet. I have less than 7" wrist.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information