Question about Airman Original serial watch

Thread: Question about Airman Original serial watch

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Question about Airman Original serial watch

Hello!

What do you think: will the Airman Original serial watch get the Unitas 6497 or 6498? Will it look like the Airman Original limited or more "solid" like it does in the Marine Original? Will the Unitas get the same "stop second feature"?

(..I ask, because there wouldn't be a real difference to the limited watch using exactly the same 6497 )
    Last edited by willObst; July 5th, 2008 at 13:04.

Re: Question about Airman Original serial watch

Quote Originally Posted by willObst View Post
    Will it look like the Airman Original limited or more "solid" like it does in the Marine Original?
    Like MO, but without swanneck regulation

Quote Originally Posted by willObst View Post
    Will the Unitas get the same "stop second feature"?
    No

Quote Originally Posted by Nightflight View Post
    Like MO, but without swanneck regulation

No
    Oh ..

I guess I'll ask at Stowa ... thats everything but nice ..

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

stuffler,mike

Well, feel free to mail Stowa but nightflight is right. No "stop second hand" feature. You may also check the Stowa Newsletters.
    Or check this forum, for your convienience:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthr...497#post955497
    Last edited by stuffler,mike; July 5th, 2008 at 16:56.

Hello!

Today I called Stowa - there may be some changes in planing the FO Serial Watch ... maybe ... I was told, that I'll get some information soon by mail.

Well - let's see ... I really like to know what I'm waiting for

EDIT 7 p.m.:

The answer arrived - I hope I'm not telling a secret here --> The FO serial watch will get the same 6497 like the limited one, but with one differnence: (I hope I'll find the right words in English) There will be no golden balance-plate ("the thing under the swanneck").

Great, isn't it?

Good news and a fast and friendly answer ... I guess it will not be my last watch from Engelsbrand. Thank you!

Everthings wrong / Edit 08.07.2008:

Just a few minutes ago I got a new mail from stowa:
    There will be no second-stop-feature, but a swanneck.

Well ... that's it ... I won't buy this watch any more, sorry.

PS: They told me, that pics an some more information will come soon.
    Last edited by willObst; July 8th, 2008 at 17:45.

There is no point of buying an Airman Original watch without the stop-second feature! The original Stowa used in WWII had a UNITAS movement WITH stop-second feature. Witout it, it is not "Original". Why not just buy a regular no logo watch which is much cheaper?
    I am still hoping that somehow Jorg will change his mind and add stop-second feature to the serial production Airman Original watch. There are 300 people on the waiting list. Perhaps someone can do a poll to see how many would prefer stop-second feature.

Quote Originally Posted by redwatch View Post
    There is no point of buying an Airman Original watch without the stop-second feature! The original Stowa used in WWII had a UNITAS movement WITH stop-second feature. Witout it, it is not "Original". Why not just buy a regular no logo watch which is much cheaper?
    I am still hoping that somehow Jorg will change his mind and add stop-second feature to the serial production Airman Original watch. There are 300 people on the waiting list. Perhaps someone can do a poll to see how many would prefer stop-second feature.
    I agree 200%!!
    Take a look at the two already "finished delivery" LEs, the distinct differences from the production model are:
    1. MO LE: the emenal lacquer dial, red 12, and limited edition number engraved under the sub-second dial and wordings on the case back.
    2. Airman LE: the limited edition engravings on the silver rotor and on the side of the case.

On the production FO, the serial watch, why not keep everything the same except the "Limited Edition" engraving on the case back and the side of the case? Since Jorg has agreed to bring back the Swan Neck Regulator, why not the stop-second function?? or simply put in hack function and not "to stop at the 12 o'clock position" function - I merely don't know the proper term for it.

Redwatch, expect for a poll right away....

stuffler,mike

As Jörg already pointed out here on the forum the availability of those "highly" modified Unitas movements should be considered when discussing what modification should be done. Jörg would be glad if someone here knows a source to supply him with such movements

Btw: There should be a remarkable difference between the FO LE and FO serial watch.

Someone posted the letter From Stowa about the serial FO in another thread, but here's an excerpt that you might be interested in:

"Specially we want to announce that the second hand will come with hacking function as well."

Sweet!

From the German text, it appears that the serial FO will have the same "pull-the-crown-and-let-the-second-hand-advance-to-twelve" mechanism as the LE.

I seem to remember that the side engraving of the case was not meant for the serial edition.
    Cheers,

Martin ("Crusader")

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information