Question about mesh bracelets
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Question about mesh bracelets

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question about mesh bracelets

This question is related to the recent thread on summer straps for the Antea KS, but I didn’t want to hijack the discussion by posting it there.

A number of members have posted pictures of the Antea with the mesh bracelet. On the Stowa site this bracelet is available with either a polished or matte finish, and I was wondering which option people chose.

The fact that the case of the Antea is polished would suggest that the polished bracelet would match well. However, I’m concerned that it would suddenly make a watch that I love for its understated elegance appear, well, very “shiny.” The matte would mitigate this (possible) problem, but might not suit the case.

My apologies if this question is rudimentary, but I have not had a great deal of experience in matching watches to straps and bracelets.

Re: Question about mesh bracelets

The matte bracelet matches (and feels) great on either polished or matte cases. I find the polished bracelet is well, too shiny!

Anyone have a picture of a polished case with a matte mesh strap?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Good question, Canard. And if one can't ask basic questions like this, what is the point of such forums? For those of us who care about watches--and Stowa--these details matter.

Quote Originally Posted by canard View Post
    This question is related to the recent thread on summer straps for the Antea KS, but I didn’t want to hijack the discussion by posting it there.

A number of members have posted pictures of the Antea with the mesh bracelet. On the Stowa site this bracelet is available with either a polished or matte finish, and I was wondering which option people chose.

The fact that the case of the Antea is polished would suggest that the polished bracelet would match well. However, I’m concerned that it would suddenly make a watch that I love for its understated elegance appear, well, very “shiny.” The matte would mitigate this (possible) problem, but might not suit the case.

My apologies if this question is rudimentary, but I have not had a great deal of experience in matching watches to straps and bracelets.

I think you're probably referring to my original post regarding a mesh bracelet on the Antea. My general rule of thumb is to match the bracelet with the case - if it's a polished case, go with a polished bracelet, if it's brushed, go with the brushed bracelet. The mesh bracelets are made by Staib and are of very high quality (German Made). The polished bracelet complements the watch well - that should not be a concern. You'll want the thinner version for the Antea; the 3.5mm thickness. Hope this helps.

so no one has a matte bracelet?

also, are either bracelets marked with a stowa logo anywhere??

the mesh bracelet does not come with the Stowa logo on it.

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Not marked, imho it wouldn't make much sense on the outside and absolutely no sense on the inside.

Drop Jörg an email to ask if you can have it engraved at [email protected]
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Quote Originally Posted by jkramer View Post
    I think you're probably referring to my original post regarding a mesh bracelet on the Antea. My general rule of thumb is to match the bracelet with the case - if it's a polished case, go with a polished bracelet, if it's brushed, go with the brushed bracelet. The mesh bracelets are made by Staib and are of very high quality (German Made). The polished bracelet complements the watch well - that should not be a concern. You'll want the thinner version for the Antea; the 3.5mm thickness. Hope this helps.
    But what if the case is both polished and brushed? Then either a polished or brushed mesh would match, no?

I have been reading this thread with interest.

It is unfortunate that no one has a picture of the Antea KS with the matte mesh bracelet, but I appreciate the discussion. Would it be fair to say that the general consensus is that the matte finish should look good with the polished Antea case (although some members prefer the polished version)?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information